Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green overcast Pro-2000  (Read 710 times)

JudyKonopka

Green overcast Pro-2000
« on: January 21, 2018, 11:55:58 am »

Hello,

I am unsure of how to solve this. 

I am using Print Studio Pro (a Canon print utility) to print on my Pro-2000.  I have set the correct ICC profile (Hannehmule luster), but the closest media type using Print Studio Pro, was "Cannon Pro Luster".  This combination gives me a greenish cast.

However, from the regular print driver via Photoshop printing to the Canon Pro-2000, I can choose Ultra Premium Print Luster as the Media Type and the Hannhemule ICC Profile, which gives me a wonderful black and white print on the Pro-2000. 

Eventually, I would like to print 4 up via Print Studio Pro, but don't know how to get around these greenish cast.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:43:30 pm by JudyKonopka »

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: Green overcast Pro-2000
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:09:26 pm »

Hello,

I am unsure of how to solve this. 

I am using Print Studio Pro (a Canon print utility) to print on my Pro-2000.  I have set the correct ICC profile (Hannehmule luster), but the closest media type using Print Studio Pro, was "Cannon Pro Luster".  This combination gives me a greenish cast.

However, from the regular print driver via Photoshop printing to the Canon Pro-2000, I can choose Ultra Premium Print Luster as the Media Type and the Hannhemule ICC Profile, which gives me a wonderful black and white print on the Pro-2000. 

Eventually, I would like to print 4 up via Print Studio Pro, but don't know how to get around these greenish cast.  Any ideas?

A comment:
Hahnemuhle profile for PhotoLuster260/290 for your printer was made with "Canon Prem-Semigloss 2 280" media setting. You should use this media setting.
An idea:
When in PSP some media information is missing try to "Update Media Information in Printer Driver" p.513 in manual.

JudyKonopka

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 01:16:19 pm »

A comment:
Hahnemuhle profile for PhotoLuster260/290 for your printer was made with "Canon Prem-Semigloss 2 280" media setting. You should use this media setting.
An idea:
When in PSP some media information is missing try to "Update Media Information in Printer Driver" p.513 in manual.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Where did you find this information (just in case I need to figure out another paper?).  I just downloaded PSP 3 days ago. Wouldn't it be the latest?

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 01:23:42 pm »

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Where did you find this information (just in case I need to figure out another paper?).  I just downloaded PSP 3 days ago. Wouldn't it be the latest?
I went in Hahnemuhle website and I downloaded the icc profile for PhotoLuster and PRO-2000. Inside the zip is a pdf document with instructions how to set up the printer for the specified media.
The procedure for updating the media information is common with the other PRO-series printers as the 1000 I use :).

JudyKonopka

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 01:30:16 pm »

There were updates, even though I downloaded the app 3 days ago, thanks again!  Thanks for sharing your knowledge, much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up