Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200, MAC: Image is getting truncated on left side of print UPDATE  (Read 3585 times)

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z3200, MAC: Image is getting truncated on left side of print UPDATE
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 04:44:56 am »

Did you solve the production so far by making a larger image of two 24x16 sizes in Photoshop so a 32(+)x24 image is printed and cut afterwards?

Z3200 24" model I guess, no inches mentioned in the sizes. What is the paper roll width? Are you using the PCL3 or PS3 driver?

There is a Qimage One demo (OS-X, Windows) you could try and some might be able to guide you more for that case.

OP, your reply on my first message has been removed. Why?          Well I will elaborate on my first questions and suggest possible causes.

The Z6200 you used is wider than 24ยจ but you used a 24" roll on that printer too and it is the same matte paper you use on the Z3200. If you want to print it edge to edge (cutting does not suit your production process) you need borderless printing with the 16x24 image in landscape mode on the roll. The Z3200 driver and possibly the Z6200 driver do not allow borderless printing on matte papers, they do allow it on gloss papers. The 24x36 image is printed borderless on gloss paper. What you are missing on the 16x24 is twice the print margin = 10mm.

If not the gloss or matte paper difference and no borderless printing;
You used a tweaked image where the long edge white margins are cropped away in the image and they are replaced by the print margins in the print so you do not have to cut anything after the print falls in the bag. Of the print sizes selected you expect the small one to fit in landscape mode on the roll and the other in portrait mode. The last does it correct. I think you should tweak another copy of the image for the small print in landscape mode if you insist on no cutting afterwards. It is called print margins, approx. 5mm all around on roll prints, they are not printed and white margins in the image will not overlap them automatically either. There are settings in the driver possible where extra border white in the image is cropped away automatically but only at the leading/rear edge of prints on the roll. I would not touch those features as they can work out unpredictably.

Be aware too that if a 24" roll is physically 1mm less wide than described and the printer measures that real width you run in troubles too. In the driver the real size of the roll is mentioned so you should check that. Any attempt to land a 24" minus 10mm width on that roll either turns from landscape to portrait or worse. So be a bit more conservative and use 24"- 11mm sizes. I always make custom print sizes 1mm less wide than the paper width inches translate to mms. saves a lot of guesses what mightt be going wrong.

Qimage Ultimate has a feature that allows you to print an A4 on an A4 paper sheet despite the print margins being 5/5/5/17. It will crop the image accordingly so there better be white there. Can be handy though.

Well I have to finish this, have to cut some papers to the right size.

Pieter, I see you hinted at gloss printing too while I was making this message.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:51:45 am by Ernst Dinkla »

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z3200, MAC: Image is getting truncated on left side of print UPDATE
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 11:45:45 am »

Bump
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up