Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questionable decision making on my part <humor>  (Read 611 times)

Joe Towner

Questionable decision making on my part <humor>
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:00:48 pm »

Hi, my name is Joe and I'm an addict, or something to that effect.  I saw an Epson 11880 pop up on Craigslist and purchased it.  What this endeavor will entail is learning print making with a big ass printer.  I'm 'kid in a candy store' happy right now, but reality will set in when I have to replace the first set of inks.  I'll browse & ask any real questions in legit threads, but wanted to see what others have done that falls in to the questionable department.

-Joe
t: @PNWMF

Doug Gray

Re: Questionable decision making on my part <humor>
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 12:17:10 am »

Hi, my name is Joe and I'm an addict, or something to that effect.  I saw an Epson 11880 pop up on Craigslist and purchased it.  What this endeavor will entail is learning print making with a big ass printer.  I'm 'kid in a candy store' happy right now, but reality will set in when I have to replace the first set of inks.  I'll browse & ask any real questions in legit threads, but wanted to see what others have done that falls in to the questionable department.

-Joe

That's some beast. I have enough trouble handling 44" rolls.

I'm an impulse buyer too. However, my 9800 is still chugging along even with much abuse. Maybe someday it will die and I can move up but it works as well as the day I bought it.

Probably the most questionable thing I've done is buying a thermal imaging camera. It lets me determine exactly when my prints dry. At least the water part of the ink.  Usually takes 25 to 35 minutes.  When water evaporates the paper surface is cooled. Starts off at about a 1.5C drop. I just wait until the drop is under .05C  The glycol takes a few days more and the imager won't show that but most of the change occurs as the water evaporates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up