Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shooting with the technique of WeeGee?  (Read 72187 times)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
Re: Shooting with the technique of WeeGee?
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 10:15:42 pm »

Bruce Gilden, his type of photography is just so offensive, in your face assault.

Each to his own, not my cup of tea.
Tom Brown

Two23

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2018, 10:26:19 pm »

Bruce Gilden, his type of photography is just so offensive, in your face assault.

Each to his own, not my cup of tea.

He's not the only one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qcgEnC3bLY

Not a style for me either--we're too polite for that here on the Northern Plains.  I'm generally either unobtrusive or I use my sales skills (pharmaceutical salesman for ~25 years) to talk interesting people into posing.  Below shot:  Steam Punk on the CTA, shot with Leica IIIc and Leica 35mm f4 Elmar.

Kent in SD
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:30:12 pm by Two23 »
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

Kirk_C

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 09:53:53 pm »

I'm more asking about how Weegee set up his camera so that he could just move his feet and press the button.

The way almost every press shooter did with Speed Graphics in the day. Zone focus with a large enough aperture to get what you need and develop the film by inspection. Eventually you know with each shot whether you need to push or pull the film.

Weegee had a certain tonality to his photos that always "looked right".

In other words he knew how to process and print for a consistent result. You (we) have no idea what it took him to get there.

Rob C

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 11:21:52 am »

He's not the only one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qcgEnC3bLY

Not a style for me either--we're too polite for that here on the Northern Plains.  I'm generally either unobtrusive or I use my sales skills (pharmaceutical salesman for ~25 years) to talk interesting people into posing.  Below shot:  Steam Punk on the CTA, shot with Leica IIIc and Leica 35mm f4 Elmar.

Kent in SD

Walking around dressed like that dude would, in the UK, get you arrested so quickly you didn't realise you'd had time to have left home. The clothes wouldn't turn an eye, but the "weapon"... you might even get tasered or shot before you had a chance to draw your toy - if it is a toy... and if it is, then the white coats won't be far behind.

;-)

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 11:46:47 am »

I don't think you'd be arrested - I was surprised to see similar invasive behaviour in London. Depends where you tried I expect.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up