Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DPP 2.2 is fast  (Read 2477 times)

ronno

DPP 2.2 is fast
« on: September 22, 2006, 01:28:14 pm »

I just updated to DPP 2.2 (which is now native for Intel-based Macs,) and it is several times faster in terms of transfering images when tethered, rendering previews, etc.
Also it seems to process 5D RAW files on my Mac Mini in about 14 seconds each.
It's well worth the update.

-ron
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:30:58 pm by ronno »

paulbk

DPP 2.2 is fast
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 08:33:12 pm »

fyi.... I also went back to Canon’s DPP 2.2. Excellent RAW converts. I use “Standard Style” most. Always a good place to start. Batch process works great. And the interface is improved but still needs refinement. (The tone wheel should loop when adjusting with the mouse wheel. Not stop at 359° and make you go back around to zero.)

Re: new sensor dust “Stamp Tool”.. it’s about time. Once you’ve identified where the dust is, you can apply the clean up to all affected files. Cool.

p
paul b.k.
New England, USA

DavidJ

• http://www.pistyllphoto.org.uk
DPP 2.2 is fast
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 07:04:02 am »

I can add my very positive first tries at using DPP 2.2. Colour using the neutral setting is good. Sharpening using settings of 3 - 5 is giving very nice crisp images from my 5D. Batch processing is good. Overall this is an improvement over RSP. Another huge bonus is that runs on my steam powered PC (well P3) which struggles with ACR and LR and crashes with Phaseone LE 3.7.5. The size of 16 bit 5D files means that I will have to upgrade the old PC soon.!!

The black and white conversion of RAW files is straightforward and is giving nice results from old 10D files.

Another bonus is that Canon have published a good manual  on line in PDF format.

David
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 07:06:29 am by DavidJ »
David Allen
Pages: [1]   Go Up