Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Favorite magazines?

<< < (2/4) > >>

luxborealis:

--- Quote from: Mark D Segal on December 16, 2017, 09:13:40 pm ---It's not a magazine in the traditional sense of the word, but Brooks Jensen's "Lenswork" is superb. There is a regular periodical and a monograph series.

--- End quote ---

+1 Good to hear you subscribed, Mackman. It’s the only paid photo mag I subscribe to, now. I have a free subscription to Light & Landscape (it’s always free) and I read the freebie version of Landscape Photography magazine.

I haven’t found much else that engages me, except for this forum, which provides most of what I’m looking for from a paid site.

Pete Berry:
For anyone at all interested in urban street shooting - both B/W & color - a striking #3 Lenswork monograph from the his winters in San Miguel de Allende. Amazingly, extra copies available last week when I ordered a replacement for my lost copy.

Eric Myrvaagnes:
Aperture used to be good -- back when Minor White edited it. Later it went down hill and got mired in critic-speak.
Now Lenswork is the only worthwhile print journal, IMHO.

Eric

Mark D Segal:
Yes Eric, Aperture was good. If we want to look back and mourn the excellent periodicals that have disappeared, Camera magazine from Luzern Switzerland (not the recent "rebirth" from Paris) was probably the cream of the crop. And then from Germany there was Grossbild Tecknik for medium and large format photography. The content and print quality of these magazines were superb - of lasting value, but alas no more and not so easy to find many series. There are several very good periodicals published in Europe that we see here periodically and are available on-line, for example the British Journal of Photography. For those with a primary interest in Black and White there is the Black and White Photography Magazine, also from the UK. There are a number of good magazines published in other European countries as well, in their own languages.

jwstl:

--- Quote from: luxborealis on December 17, 2017, 09:54:59 pm ---It’s the only paid photo mag I subscribe to, now.

I haven’t found much else that engages me, except for this forum, which provides most of what I’m looking for from a paid site.

--- End quote ---

Same here. I've let all my photo mag subscriptions lapse except Lenswork and the Lenswork Monograph series. And I keep all of them of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version