Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used Epson p800 in my area  (Read 3970 times)

mearussi

pamelavlcek

Re: Used Epson p800 in my area
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2017, 12:50:48 am »

Right now they're $900 new:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=epson%20p800&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=
Both the Epson P800 and the Canon pro-1000 have good rebates right now but they end 12/31 so I have a week to decide between the two. Leaning toward the P800 now that I know you can load art paper via the roll feeder instead of struggling with that funky front load feeder. Merry Christmas.

unesco

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2017, 02:58:49 am »

Both the Epson P800 and the Canon pro-1000 have good rebates right now but they end 12/31 so I have a week to decide between the two. Leaning toward the P800 now that I know you can load art paper via the roll feeder instead of struggling with that funky front load feeder. Merry Christmas.

yes, you can load it, it works well with some bigger sheets, >=A3. With A4 there are some problems, since the size is a bit too small and some thin paper as a quide help might be needed.

I use P800 (and older 3880) and I'm happy with it. It has some drawbacks, but every printer has.

If you decide for Pro-1000, be careful with massive ink drain for maintenance purposes reported many times and in many places on the net (strangely, not every unit behaves like that).

pamelavlcek

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2017, 03:20:04 am »

yes, you can load it, it works well with some bigger sheets, >=A3. With A4 there are some problems, since the size is a bit too small and some thin paper as a quide help might be needed.

I use P800 (and older 3880) and I'm happy with it. It has some drawbacks, but every printer has.

If you decide for Pro-1000, be careful with massive ink drain for maintenance purposes reported many times and in many places on the net (strangely, not every unit behaves like that).
The 3880...sigh mine finally gave up the ghost and I finally gave up on replacing it with a used or refurbished model as they all had problems...I've always used Epson but my problems with the front feeder made me consider the Canon...I'm glad to be able to consider the P800 again...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up