Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Mark Segal: Comparative Profile Analysis? Chomix and Imageprint  (Read 922 times)

loganross

Hi Mark,

Your articles on printing are great. I noticed in a recent article, you spent substantial time and effort discussing Chromix profiles for matte papers.  I also know that others at LL are fans of Image Print.  I believe both companies do an exceptional job.  I have used imageprint for several years. It is as much for the layout and print process as it is about the color profiles, if not more. Imageprint is said to focus not only on color profiles, but also on controlling how the printer prints (bypassing the epson driver).  I have spoken with Chromix and they seem on top of their game. I plan on using their profile valet service to have several profiles made.

We don't have to choose in reality, because IMAGEPRINT LETS YOU USE YOUR OWN COLOR PROFILES (i.e, you can use Chromix color profiles within Imageprint).  If there is a difference, this means potentially the best of both worlds. Thus, it would be great to see a comparative analysis of profiles from each.  I plan to experiment with this, but my conclusions would only be subjective (and in the end, that counts the most).  However, you are likely much better able to draw objective conclusions.  Any chance you would consider taking on this job?  BTW, Somerset Museum Rag and Canvas are the matte papers I use most, and I suspect would benefit from the chromix polarizer process.

Thank you again as you have really ignited a curiosity and interest!

Logan

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: For Mark Segal: Comparative Profile Analysis? Chomix and Imageprint
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 12:45:21 pm »

Hi Logan,

I much your appreciate your interest in these articles.

Kevin Raber did a review of ImagePrint here: ImagePrint, though it isn't the type of comparative technical exercise you are looking for.

I would be willing to prepare comparisons of ImagePrint profiling versus Chromix or my own profiles, however to make it possible we require the cooperation of the companies involved for spending some time with us on technical matters that arise and providing us with relevant materials, (as there is no remuneration in any direction for undertaking this work). The initiative for triggering such reviews could come from either us or them. I have several articles in the works just now, so I could look into this early in the New Year.

Mark
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up