Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Ink levels and new cartridges on Epson P800

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gennaro_27:
Thank you to all.
So, I think I'll buy the LK, LLK, LC, VLM ink cartridges to be safe.

Thank you again,

G.

Eric Myrvaagnes:

--- Quote from: Gennaro_27 on December 16, 2017, 08:05:19 am ---Thank you to all.
So, I think I'll buy the LK, LLK, LC, VLM ink cartridges to be safe.

Thank you again,

G.

--- End quote ---
Good idea.
Years ago my Epson 2200 stopped printing on a Friday of a three-day holiday weekend. One cartridge was low, and there was no way I could get a replacement until the following Tuesday. After that, I started keeping a complete set of inks as spares, also for the 3800 that replaced my 2200, and the P800 that has replaced my 3800.

Eric

langier:
It's cheap insurance to have a set of full carts on hand at all times and I'm running an Epson 9900 that requires much more expensive cartridges. I'll sometimes have a rush project and having a set of full carts on hand, even if just the for the colors with the lowest levels can be a life saver especially if you need to do a head cleaning before printing. For me, I'd rather have the carts in hand than an empty hand while I awaited a long holiday weekend without the needed supplies...

Gennaro_27:
So langier you are suggesting that buying also Yellow and Photo Black it is not a bad idea ? Let me know please !

Ciao

unesco:

--- Quote from: Gennaro_27 on December 15, 2017, 05:33:11 pm ---Hi,
as I'll come back home for Christmas I planned to start printing at least 15 A3+ sheet, using both matte and photo black. Because of that I have to buy some ink cartridges before December 23, the last available day.
Looking at the picture attached which inks would you buy to do that ?
I know it's a strange question but please let me know what you think !
The lower ones are LK, LLK, LC, VLM.
What do you suggest ?

Thanks
G.

--- End quote ---

I had a similar task last weekend on my P800. I can bet that at least one channel will need replacement, maybe two, depending on content of your photos. I would definitely buy LK and VLM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version