Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I1Profiler bug: always centers printed targets  (Read 794 times)

Doug Gray

I1Profiler bug: always centers printed targets
« on: November 21, 2017, 07:56:46 pm »

I1Profiler has nice dialog boxes that let you adjust the paper margins. Rather, it would be nice if they actually worked. It ignores them and prints the image in the paper's center.

I don't often print directly from I1Profiler. Mostly because they had another bug where the print button did nothing which has since been fixed. So I've been printing Matlab synthesized targets directly from Photoshop.

I finally decided to look more closely into minimizing wheel track and spacing guide mark impacts on color readout on my Isis. The spacing guides are every 42mm and the wheels are every 10.5mm (4 wheels per guide evenly spaced) and, fortunately, they roughly align.

So, to get rid of the Isis tracks, which seem to affect some paper more than others, Canson Baryta Luster in particular, I just set the patch width to 10.5mm and shift the left hand margin to align the marks with the patch boundaries which are not read by Isis.

Works great in Photoshop. I now have a setup for my 9500 and 9800 that puts the tracks out of harms way.

Then I went to find the I1Profiler settings that would similarly align the tracks - and discovered that I1Profiler prints targets in the middle of the page ignoring the user selections.

Pages: [1]   Go Up