Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slide show Software  (Read 33072 times)

sposch

Slide show Software
« on: September 16, 2006, 03:05:02 pm »

My camera club is in the second year of using an Optoma EZPro 739 (which we are quite happy with) for evaluating digital images. We have been using Irfanview to create executable slide shows for projection. Usually when one of my images comes up I am dissapointed with the apperance. This week I loaded Irfanview onto my Photo editing PC and opened the same image simultaneously in Photoshop and Irfanview and there was a big difference in the appearence (the Irfanview image on my calibrated LaCie 19"CRT looked the same as it did projected...BAD)
Irfanview seems to display a much cooler color balance and the shadow areas are blocked up.

For evaluations we only need to display "color accurate" stationary images full screen with a black background (no text or borders), max 1024X768 and the ability to advance (or step back) the images manually.
I'v heard ProShow has problems with color as well but haven't tried it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve.

sposch

Slide show Software
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 03:18:12 am »

Looks like I've found the problem. The images need to be converted to sRGB to be displayed correctly by Irfanview. I had left them in ProPhoto RGB  .

Live and learn. Steve.

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
Slide show Software
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 05:18:16 am »

I use Photodex's Pro Show Producer. It is color management aware and is probably the best slide show software out there for the PC.
They have a less expensive product called Pro Show Gold that works very well, but the layouts and templates are not as flexible.

The product can produce slide shows for DVD, VCD, CD, Web or E-mail.

Bud James
North Wales, PA
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Slide show Software
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 03:47:38 pm »

Hi!

I used AdobePhotoshop Elements Organiser to produce a SlideShow in PDF. Now I'm using Lightroom Beta 3.

Almost any PC can use PDF and I think that Adobe knows everything about color management, so you don't need to care about color space.

Erik

My camera club is in the second year of using an Optoma EZPro 739 (which we are quite happy with) for evaluating digital images. We have been using Irfanview to create executable slide shows for projection. Usually when one of my images comes up I am dissapointed with the apperance. This week I loaded Irfanview onto my Photo editing PC and opened the same image simultaneously in Photoshop and Irfanview and there was a big difference in the appearence (the Irfanview image on my calibrated LaCie 19"CRT looked the same as it did projected...BAD)
Irfanview seems to display a much cooler color balance and the shadow areas are blocked up.

For evaluations we only need to display "color accurate" stationary images full screen with a black background (no text or borders), max 1024X768 and the ability to advance (or step back) the images manually.
I'v heard ProShow has problems with color as well but haven't tried it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76607\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Erik Kaffehr

Ethan Schoonover

• http://ethanschoonover.com/
Slide show Software
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:04:50 am »

I'm using Lightroom and Aperture for slideshows. It's worth taking a look at Aperture's slideshow features if you have access to it. There are some pretty nice multi-image options (4 up, etc.) that are visually impressive. Additionally, for client viewing it's always nice to have the music options that both Lightroom and Aperture provide.
[span style='color:gray'][span style='fo

lili

Slide show Software
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 03:53:22 am »

Try DVD Photo Slideshow, it's really great!

Wayland

• Trust me I'm a Viking
    • Waylandscape
Slide show Software
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 10:27:31 am »

Pictures to Exe from WNSoft isn't bad either
Wayland. [/S

gmyers

Slide show Software
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 10:02:44 am »

I have found Fotomagic to be good.  Also, good flexibility for adding music.  gib

eyebeam

Slide show Software
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:48:34 am »

I have found FastStone Image viewer to be helpful for our camera club projections/competitions. Set the video to dual display with the laptop as display 1 and the DLP projector as display 2. Display 2 is set as an extension to the laptop screen (not a clone).

FastStone allows you to highlight thumbnails on the laptop screen while showing the full-screen image of the thumbnail on the DLP. This makes it very convenient to show each image, and then delete images (and even rearrange the order) during the competition as images are accepted or eliminated.

The dual monitor capability is on the latest version (version 2.7) only. The program is free to try for about 20-30 days before registration and payment is required. The cost is modest. You can find information on it by conducting a google search ("faststone").

Anyway, this seems to work for our club - and I have tried several programs (Irfanview, windows picture and fax viewer, powerpoint, and lots of others that just didnt fit our needs). But I have not tried photomagic, lightroom, or aperture.

By the way, we require our camera club members to submit images as jpgs with sRGB and 1024x768. I havent seen a problem yet with presenting color inaccurately (other than from the limitations of the projector itself).

Lin Evans

• http://www.lin-evans.net
Slide show Software
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 02:17:38 am »

That's a gigantic "understatement" LOL - it's probably the very best bar none including Proshow Producer and Gold. It doesn't do video clips or dink around trying to be everything to everyone with internal image adjustments best done in Photoshop or other true editor, but has image quality all over anything else in the way of presentation slideshow software. It's the only hardware rendered slideshow image software which produces the same output resolution as input. It has the best price of any powerful slideshow software, and is the "only" one anywhere with lifetime free upgrades.

It's the only one with parent/child inheritance (very powerful), the only one with off center (off axis rotation) rotation capabilities, with unlimited opacity on unlimited layers with unlimited objects simultaneously in animation (limited by hardware only).  It's the only one which can manipulate the X and Y axis independently AND via parent/child inheritance manipulate the Z axis. Not only a fantastic tool for the photographer but also a dynamite 3d animation tool allowing some sophisticated animations.

Definitely one of the very best, nearly bug-free programs available.

Lin

Pictures to Exe from WNSoft isn't bad either
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79541\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:04:47 pm by Lin Evans »
Lin

RogerW

• http://www.rogerwalton.co.uk
Slide show Software
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 04:01:08 pm »

Definitely one of the very best, nearly bug-free programs available.

Lin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125353\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Well said Lin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up