Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Economical Copy Lens For 645DF with p65+  (Read 970 times)

William Chitham

Economical Copy Lens For 645DF with p65+
« on: October 25, 2017, 07:29:28 am »

I am lucky enough to have the use of my studio mate's Phase one kit for the occasional copy shot which is great, the only drawback is the lack of a long lens. I'm used to using a 100mm macro on a Canon DSLR and I'm finding that the 80mm buts me too close to the artwork for comfort so I'm considering the following as economical alternatives:
Mamiya 210mm f/4 AF ULD IF - might need an extension tube on this.
MAMIYA MACRO A 120mm f/4 M - not sure this is really long enough
Mamiya 645 105-210mm f4.5 C ULD
Any thoughts on these or any other suggestions? I'm not bothered about autofocus but focus confirmation and auto stopdown would be nice.
Thanks,
William Chitham.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Economical Copy Lens For 645DF with p65+
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 08:02:46 am »

The 120mm macro. (Based on our rather extensive experience with Art repro.

You may want to read this as well: Color Guide

William Chitham

Re: Economical Copy Lens For 645DF with p65+
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:35:29 pm »

Thanks Doug, the 120 seems like a winner. What I can't find is a definitive guide to how legacy lenses work on modern Phase One bodies. As far as I can discover any Mamiya 645 lens will fit and you get focus confirmation on the manual focus versions but what about aperture control? Do you have to stop down manually on the pre "D" lenses or can you set the aperture from Capture One when tethered?

Thanks also for the link to that excellent colour guide. Those fabulous copy stands and C1 CH are a bit beyond my reach but lots of information in there applicable to my more modest set up.

William Chitham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up