Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: *** CHANGES in the Coffee Corner ***  (Read 30745 times)

Rob C

Re: *** CHANGES in the Coffee Corner ***
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2017, 02:15:47 pm »

Stamper, it's going to be fascinating!

For some unknown reason it strikes me that we are witnessing the start of a new form of online conversation: it's going to be a multi-tiered system of sub-contracted responsibilities and we will be able to grow our own elective powers by "liking" one leader more or less than we might do another.

You see? Come the moment come the men. But wait, this is now an equal opportunities society and the quota system has to be observed. Due to the lack of females standing for office, I think that just as with Madrid v. Barca, we are going to have to recognise this entire exercise in self-selected/elected power as null and void.

Nice to see you posting again - some pix would be cool, too.

Rob

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2017, 02:18:46 pm »

Ah! volunteers?

Rob? Robert?

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2017, 02:24:46 pm »

anyone they don't like gets silenced and anyone that agrees with them can prattle on?
Not one person has been silences: not one post has been deleted.  We are trying to keep the thread focused on science issues and discussion about that.  Participation is strictly voluntary.  You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2017, 02:27:47 pm »

I think that just as with Madrid v. Barca, we are going to have to recognise this entire exercise in self-selected/elected power as null and void.

The really interesting thing about the Catalonia secession if it does happen is that Barcelona will be kicked out of La Liga and the big match between them and Real Madrid will cease.  The big question is what UEFA then does in terms of recognizing a Catalonian Soccer Federation.  This would really be bad news for Barcelona as they could not make much a league with just Catalonian teams.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2017, 04:16:34 pm »

Gosh, I wonder if it's possible to ignore one of the new moderators?

Rob C

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2017, 05:14:18 pm »

Ah! volunteers?

Rob? Robert?

Chris, I may be doddery but I'm not yet crazy!

;-)

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2017, 05:21:54 pm »

Gosh, I wonder if it's possible to ignore one of the new moderators?

I think that it is, Keith, but you have to start a new old thread first. Then, that accomplished, you can decide to ignore everybody by not returning to it after locking it at the decisive moment, which makes it a legitimate photographic consideration, if not event. I think.

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2017, 05:42:13 pm »

The really interesting thing about the Catalonia secession if it does happen is that Barcelona will be kicked out of La Liga and the big match between them and Real Madrid will cease.  The big question is what UEFA then does in terms of recognizing a Catalonian Soccer Federation.  This would really be bad news for Barcelona as they could not make much a league with just Catalonian teams.

No, no! As with the artist formerly known as Prince, they will embrace change; in their case they will simply follow the money, e.g. the Barcelona banks, and transfer the HQ to Madrid (what a cheek!) and as Catalonia will still be seen as Spain, the loyal fanatics fans won't need to show their fake passports at border control. Do I sense the creation of a new, imaginary, southern European Wall?

Farmer

« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2017, 08:23:33 pm »

No, that's Farmer's role ;)

You're still talking, Slobo :-)

Phil Brown

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2017, 04:24:30 am »

I think that it is, Keith, but you have to start a new old thread first. Then, that accomplished, you can decide to ignore everybody by not returning to it after locking it at the decisive moment, which makes it a legitimate photographic consideration, if not event. I think.

Rob

Rob, I tried ignoring myself but the software wouldn't allow it.

:)

Rob C

« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2017, 04:31:27 am »

Rob, I tried ignoring myself but the software wouldn't allow it.

:)

Keith, you've gotta use green electricity!

Rob

stamper

« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2017, 05:05:11 am »

Not one person has been silences: not one post has been deleted.  We are trying to keep the thread focused on science issues and discussion about that.  Participation is strictly voluntary.  You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to.

Moderator laying down the law already?

stamper

« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2017, 05:08:06 am »

This thread is about .... CHANGES in the Coffee Corner ... and you are posting about another subject???

Rob C

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2017, 06:46:40 am »

Stamper,

My personal take on the art of Internet chat is this: the more closely it can follow natural conversation the better it is, and the more likely to retain involvement. I can't remember any real conversation where anyone stuck to a plot or script - well, maybe estate agents trying to lower your expectations so they can get a quick sale and boost to their bottom line whilst trying to convince you the while that you are their main concern...

It's the same (for me) with all those interviews with photographers where they spout statements of extrasensory magic; thanks, but not really: I want to see snaps and learn about their real lives, not their phoney PR junk. Wiki can do all of that already. The interest is in discovering what made them the people they became; whether they were different in themselves or just blessed with lotsa parental clout or whatever. An interesting example to follow in the years to come is David Bailey's son who is also a photographer (just as is Brian Duffy's lad, too...).

Alternatively, this may interest absolutely nobody but moi. Which simply proves yet another thing about life. Oh - wait! It's the national anthem: show's over - time to leave the cinema! No, your bra's not lost, honey - I think you put it in your handbag when we came in.

;-)

Rob

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2017, 09:12:04 am »

This thread is about .... CHANGES in the Coffee Corner ... and you are posting about another subject???
I was responding to Rob; go blame him.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2017, 09:39:57 am »

At least this thread has some harmless entertainment value.   ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2017, 09:54:31 am »

Grumpy old men, trying to self-moderate their grumpiness. Nah, not a chance 😊

Rob C

« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2017, 11:22:24 am »

I was responding to Rob; go blame him.

That's right! The ultimate whipping boy!

:-)        (I think?)

Rob

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2017, 01:00:46 pm »

That's right! The ultimate whipping boy!

:-)        (I think?)

Rob
Only if you are a Real Madrid supporter! ;)

Rob C

« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2017, 01:48:55 pm »

Only if you are a Real Madrid supporter! ;)

Truth to tell, I don't do sport at all. That said, if had to choose, I think I'd opt for golf. It would have been nice to be a wonderful player and roam this world making millions and, best of all, it would all have depended on oneself! No clients to find, no models to get to do something great... all your own work!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up