Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn has arrived  (Read 1156 times)

Cornfield

Autumn has arrived
« on: September 05, 2017, 06:36:52 pm »

A couple of shots from close to home on a very blustery day with constantly changing weather and light in the Scottish highlands, fairly typical for this time of year. 

I needed to do some testing of newly acquired NiSi filter system for the Nikkor 14-24.  I'm really pleased with all the filters, holders, rings and cases from NiSi and can recommend them as top quality.  Its really nice to see a company take care with the design and production of every element of the product right down to the tissue paper each filter is wrapped.

francois

Re: Autumn has arrived
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:15:14 am »

I like both shots but prefer the first one. The composition is more dynamic.
Francois

thierrylegros396

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 05:05:38 am »

I prefer the 2nd because the framing and composition remember me a well known river here called "La Hoegne".

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 03:14:03 pm »

I like them both, particularly the second with the slight movement in the water. I have to say that neither looks particularly autumnal, though.

Jeremy

Cornfield

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 05:39:23 pm »

Jeremy, it really was just the first day when the temperature dropped the winds increased and a few of the trees in the village are changing colour.  These falls are five minutes walk from my home and are shot by hundreds of tourists every day.  Very few tourists manage to see Glen Lyon the longest and most attractive Scottish glen especially in autumn, just twenty minute drive to the north.
Pages: [1]   Go Up