Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Killer prices on Z3200 ps 44” printers  (Read 1013 times)

MHMG

Re: Killer prices on Z3200 ps 44” printers
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 08:09:19 pm »

Yup, a great price on a great printer, and I'm super tempted to pick up a spare unit, but the Z3200PS is now officially discontinued. That said, at this price, it's going to pay for itself in only a few rolls of printing compared to jobbing out the work to a service bureau (assuming the enduser has reasonable printmaking skills). If HP only continues to support the Z3200 with parts and supplies for a few years it will indeed pay for itself nicely even with limited service life.

Here's a screenshot from the B&H Photo website. Pointing to the Z9 as the replacement model which is frustrating since so little is now known about the Z9. Come on HP, you can do better marketing than this >:(

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:17:09 pm by MHMG »

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 08:38:07 pm »

I bought one at that great price.
The only thing I am disapointed in its speed.
Seems half as fast as my 9900 and my new P8000 is twice as fast as the 9900 so it is really, really slow.
Printing under Best which may be the issue.
Will have to try normal
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:50:04 pm by Dan Berg »

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 11:34:24 pm »

Dan, have had my new 3200 for 6 weeks and still haven't powered it up yet. Had lots of print work cranking through the 11 year-old 3100.

I print everything in normal bidirectional mode. Seems good enough for the print work for artists I do. I've tried the "extra high" quality mode a few times and didn't see enough difference for art repo work. If your print heads are working good and well aligned, you should not get any micro banding in bi-directional normal print mode.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 11:34:42 pm »

The Epsons and Canons are production printers Dan, built for speed.  The Z Series printers were originally built for photographers in studios who did sproradic printing. The best thing is to set it and forget it - go on to something else and come back later for the print. Most people who use the Z’s don’t realize what can actually be done with them using mega-profiles, which sets them in a class of their own. The Z3200ps printer is not at all about speed.

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

mearussi

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 11:57:38 pm »

Yup, a great price on a great printer, and I'm super tempted to pick up a spare unit, but the Z3200PS is now officially discontinued. That said, at this price, it's going to pay for itself in only a few rolls of printing compared to jobbing out the work to a service bureau (assuming the enduser has reasonable printmaking skills). If HP only continues to support the Z3200 with parts and supplies for a few years it will indeed pay for itself nicely even with limited service life.

Here's a screenshot from the B&H Photo website. Pointing to the Z9 as the replacement model which is frustrating since so little is now known about the Z9. Come on HP, you can do better marketing than this >:(
I don't understand HP at all on this. Why spend millions on developing a new printer and then not give it to any reviewer to help promote it. Perhaps there's something wrong with it they're not telling anyone about? Anyway, only negative rumors can come from their behavior. Hopefully, someone in upper management will wake up and realize the damage they're doing by their silence.

deanwork

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 12:22:33 am »

OMG I didn’t even see the 4 year protection plan for $135.00. That alone is worth more than the printer. I wish I had waited on mine :-).. Wo.

Yes the speed keeps it out of the running for anyone doing production work, but it was never designed for that, it’s half the size and weight of the big Epsons and Canons, but it does everything else so well and totally eliminated ink waste. The print heads that are very dependable are still about $70.00 each. All considered, that’s a world class bargain that they have to fully support for at least 4 more years.

And yes their unveiling of the new Z models is mind boggling. What is going on? Is anyone on the planet even testing them against the 3200 or the other brands?

These companies used to provide the printers to dependable experienced beta testers well before they were released. Strange new world.

John

quote author=mearussi link=topic=127799.msg1080732#msg1080732 date=1543553858]
I don't understand HP at all on this. Why spend millions on developing a new printer and then not give it to any reviewer to help promote it. Perhaps there's something wrong with it they're not telling anyone about? Anyway, only negative rumors can come from their behavior. Hopefully, someone in upper management will wake up and realize the damage they're doing by their silence.
[/quote]

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 07:14:06 am »

I now have it setup exclusevly for my pk printing where speed is not an issue.
I have 96 24x36 canvases coming up for a local hospital network and was going to use the HP along side my 9900 but the new plan is to just use the Epson.

stockjock

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 03:18:35 pm »

OMG I didn’t even see the 4 year protection plan for $135.00. That alone is worth more than the printer. I wish I had waited on mine :-).. Wo.

Did you read the fine print on the 4 year protection plan?  I would be shocked if that was the same as a service agreement but hard to figure out what it means in the context of such a bulky item.

deanwork

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 08:43:41 pm »

Exactly. It’s not the HP Care Pak. Sounds like a scam that has nothing to do with HP. You really gotta be careful of Adorama.

Did you read the fine print on the 4 year protection plan?  I would be shocked if that was the same as a service agreement but hard to figure out what it means in the context of such a bulky item.

mfrohman

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 06:15:06 pm »

I switched from printing best quality on my z3200 (for years) to normal recently and haven't noticed much difference in quality for most things but speed is much faster.
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800
Pages: [1]   Go Up