Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations For A Dye Sub Photo Booth Printer  (Read 824 times)

Kevin Gallagher

Recommendations For A Dye Sub Photo Booth Printer
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:34 am »

Hi guys, my sportsmen's club is toying with the idea of offering souvenir prints for sale to the participants at our various functions during the year. I'm looking for experiences good or bad with any of the current crop of dye sub printers. I have a budget of around $800.00 for the printer and I do realize that the "selphy" type are most likely not up the this. At this point the thinking is that 5x7 would be the size we would offer. Thanks!!

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

rasworth

Re: Recommendations For A Dye Sub Photo Booth Printer
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:25:23 pm »

B&H has a large "Dye Sub Printers and Accessories" selection, many in your price range, along with user reviews.  If you haven't already that would be a good place to start.

Richard Southworth

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 12:32:52 pm »

I used DNP dye subs for printing on location at events. They were rock solid and simply easy to use.  Stopped doing those events---but would not hesitate with DNP if I were to do events and print on location.

ken

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:50:37 pm »

Thanks Richard and Ken. I hate to sound so cynical but I just wonder how many of the "reviews" you see on many sites are truly real or just planted to either support or disparage the item in question. I have been looking at the B&H reviews though.

Kevin In CT
Kevin In CT
 George Orwell

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 11:48:54 am »

Well gang, I pulled the trigger and have an DNP DS620A printer along with some media and a nice carrying case coming in from B&H. It should arrive Monday and once I get a couple of events under my belt I'll report back. Thanks again guys!!
Kevin In CT
 George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up