Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on C1 Phase tif files imported to LR (loss of lens info)  (Read 1614 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

Many time I prefer to work up a pano series in C1 first, export as a tif then import the tif to LR for the pano merge. 

LR with IQ260, 160 or IQ100 files worked up this way, doesn't see any lens info which can negatively effect your pano creation.  If you take the same raw files, import to LR, then LR sees the lens info with no problems, for most of the modern P!/Schneider glass.

I can't figure out what C1 is not writing to the tif, that LR needs to see as when you read the exif info, you can see both lens and mm listed.

There is no way I know of to manually load in the lens info in LR for the P1 files as there is no listing for Phase at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Question on C1 Phase tif files imported to LR (loss of lens info)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 07:24:56 am »

There are two reasons related to your problem:

1) The way LR identifies the lens is by the EXIF value "Lens ID Number" for Raw files or "Lens ID" for tiff/psd created with PS/ACR. Tiff files from C1 do not have this Exif tag, so LR does not identifies automatically the lens.

2) LR uses different lens correction files depending if the image is RAW or rendered (Tiff, PSD, etc.). Unfortunately, there are only a handful of lens correction profiles for rendered images compared to hundreds of files for RAW images. For instance, there are 15 profiles for Nikon non-RAW, compared to 126 profiles for Nikon RAW (These are Nikon bodies combined with Nikon + 3rd party lenses)

In the case of Phase one, there are 4 profiles for RAW and none for non-Raw.
For this reason, you cannot assign a profile manually, because there is none.

One possibility is that you create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Question on C1 Phase tif files imported to LR (loss of lens info)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:32:30 am »

Thanks.

I guess I could manually add the lens info back to the C1 one TIF files? 

Strange that C1 does not include this info on output.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up