Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P9000 Commercial  (Read 2092 times)

peterc

P9000 Commercial
« on: June 08, 2017, 05:06:32 pm »

I have been offered a P9000 Commercial for a great price. I am a photographic printer, is it possible to change the Violet to LLB ?

Farmer

Re: P9000 Commercial
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:16:09 pm »

Yes, but you'll need a service tech and some related consumables to do it.  Speak with your local Epson for details.
Phil Brown

petercorb

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 11:20:41 pm »

Have you any further information on what is involved and cost to make the change. Is it an official Epson procedure, I cant seem to find any detailed info anywhere?

Thanks

Farmer

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:27:54 am »

I don't know where you are in the world, but you will need to call Epson to get it done.
Phil Brown

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 10:56:48 am »

You CAN'T change the Violet to Lt Lt Blk.  This isn't possible once the printer has the color installed unfortunately.  If you're doing photographs, you're better off getting the Standard version with the Lt Lt Blk since you will loose quality in shadow details as well as any B&W printing you do with the commercial version.

petercorb

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 07:36:10 am »

I am aware that the Standard version is better for Photographs (see my original post) hence my question. I have been in touch with the Epson agent and they say it can be done by Epson. I am waiting for a quote and details.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 09:21:46 am »

I hope the "great price" you are being offered more than makes up for the cost of the service call from Epson. It sounds a bit more involved than a purge and change of violet to LLK.

Good luck---it's a great printer!  :)

petercorb

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 10:49:26 am »

Well yes, its a very, very good price with very little use and over two years left on the warranty. I have asked about the warranty also, need to have that in place also as part of the Epson service. I have my 9900 workhorse I have had for 4 years which I will keep and run on either photo or matte - any advice on which of the latter I should keep on which ink set ?

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 10:06:12 am »

The 9900 is very good. The P9000 is simply a better printer overall with expected generational improvements---better print quality and better implementation of controls.  You'll see the most difference in print with the new matte black on the P9000. My 9900 seemed a bit more finicky. The P9000 just simply works. Only downside (so far) is Epson's stupid implementation of its new chipset/motherboard in an effort to lock out 3p inksets or resetting the cartridges and the maintenance tank. It can be sensitive and lock out Epson's own cartridges.

Farmer

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 08:06:36 pm »

You CAN'T change the Violet to Lt Lt Blk.  This isn't possible once the printer has the color installed unfortunately.  If you're doing photographs, you're better off getting the Standard version with the Lt Lt Blk since you will loose quality in shadow details as well as any B&W printing you do with the commercial version.

And end user can't change it, but a service tech can.
Phil Brown

petercorb

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 07:38:51 am »

Have been informed it can be done by a service tech, yes - just waiting for costs and warranty issues !
Pages: [1]   Go Up