Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DP Quattro series - DNG support  (Read 2177 times)

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
DP Quattro series - DNG support
« on: June 15, 2017, 09:34:50 pm »

I have not used my DP2 Quattro in a long time, mostly been using just the Fuji equip. But being a glutton for punishment I decided to play around with making some monochrome images with my DP2 Quattro. I looked at the Sigma site and they had new firmware which now includes the ability to output DNG files, so no more SPP for the X3F files. I installed it and it works great, I have been able to read and process the DNG files in a variety of converters. Just thought I would mention it, adds some much needed flexibility to these niche cameras.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

scyth

Re: DP Quattro series - DNG support
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 09:29:47 am »

I have not used my DP2 Quattro in a long time, mostly been using just the Fuji equip. But being a glutton for punishment I decided to play around with making some monochrome images with my DP2 Quattro. I looked at the Sigma site and they had new firmware which now includes the ability to output DNG files, so no more SPP for the X3F files. I installed it and it works great, I have been able to read and process the DNG files in a variety of converters. Just thought I would mention it, adds some much needed flexibility to these niche cameras.

Alan

btw SilkyPix added native raw support = https://www.dpreview.com/news/3803483509/silkypix-developer-studio-8

it certainly has people complaining about the wording it uses in GUI as some sliders/controls are named "differently" from what people outside of Japan used to see in regular converters  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up