Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unclogging Epson 4900 - diving me nuts!  (Read 18007 times)

CrazyPugLady

Re: Unclogging Epson 4900 - diving me nuts!
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2017, 10:10:06 am »

Yes Mark, I agree on that, I am not trying to fix it. But it still has some ink in it, and it prints those smaller prints quite well. So why not try to get some money back from the machine, while I'm saving for the new printer? Better put this one to a good use as long as it lasts, than having to send out my prints to the lab who charge at least 3-4 times than my cost. At least this is what I think. I just printed a few jobs on 5x7 paper and paid 23€ for the paper. The lab would have charged me 55€ for the same job. Plus, I can do it from my home while doing other work and surfing the web in my pyjamas  ;D
Much better than relay on an external lab. So as long as it prints and there is some ink left, I'm going to squeeze it from it ;-)

Just super curious of the printer's mechanics and everything behind it. That's why I'm hoping to find some answers from you experienced folks.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Unclogging Epson 4900 - diving me nuts!
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2017, 10:24:33 am »

Sure - if it's meeting your needs alright in some tasks, why not. I just wasn't getting that impression from your documentation of its problems.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up