Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Truly in love with the X1D !!!!  (Read 2200 times)

etto1972

Truly in love with the X1D !!!!
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:44:46 pm »

Had a walk with my wife in the woods here in Connecticut
Took some handholding shots and I must say that the quality of the files are incredible!!!
My IQ reference are the Canon 5DsR with the two Outs lenses (55 +85) and the Pentax 645z (with 55mm,75, 150mm)
In my humble opinion the X1D IQ is vastly  superior to the Canon and despite sharing the same sensor I find it to be  superior to the Pentax too (color tonality is better and the lenses I had dint reach this this kind of performance)

What I also really love is the size !!!! unbelievable !!!!! :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes::clap::clap::clap:

While the AF is slow, I find that its more accurate then the one of the 645Z, which was often pretty off when shooting wide open and using the off center AF points

At the end I have only  3 major issues that I believe can or will be fixed with Firmware update

- Smaller AF points, for more precise focusing (which I was told is coming)
- Minimum shutter speed option (Hope its coming too)
- Intervalometer (I can't believe it was not implemented!!! and I really hope it will be )

I am going to place an order for the 30mm and I hope the 65mm will be at list 2.8 :angel:

This is a fantastic camera, with outstanding IQ packed oin a super small package
A real dream!

Cheers

Ettore

All image are straight out of Capture One 10 (DNG files exported via Phocus + exif editor  "Hasselblad" to "Hasselba"  ;))

Rdmax

Re: Truly in love with the X1D !!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:29:09 pm »

Interesting that the results are comparable to the otus. Those are some incredible lenses.

Will you keep the 5DSR/Otus combo now that you have the X1D?

ario

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 11:46:24 pm »

Hi Ettore,
nice pics. Any reason to use Phocus to convert to dng instead of using the Adobe DNG Converter?
TIA

etto1972

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:29:03 pm »

Interesting that the results are comparable to the otus. Those are some incredible lenses.

Will you keep the 5DSR/Otus combo now that you have the X1D?

The Otus lenses are the best lenses I ever owned!!!
I sold the camera to my brother but I will keep the 55mm Otus lenses
and put the 85 on sale

Just to clarify, I am not saying the the Hasselblad lens itself are of the same league but definitely  the results you get  with the camera gives even better results !

etto1972

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 09:38:26 pm »

Hi Ettore,
nice pics. Any reason to use Phocus to convert to dng instead of using the Adobe DNG Converter?
TIA

Because is not as good!!
There is a different color rendering, a DNG obtained via Phocus looks better then the one one from the Adobe DNG converter even if you open it with  ACR
To me the difference its obvious

Best
Ettore

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 12:19:59 pm »

Don't convert to dng. You will loose the lens corrections that HB can apply to the files. If you want to end up with the best quality of files, you would better stick with the HB raw's 3FR and convert those from Phocus to Jpeg or Tiff depending on what you plan on doing with the files after that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up