Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print orientation on Canon Pro-4000  (Read 937 times)

sgrenald

Print orientation on Canon Pro-4000
« on: May 24, 2017, 09:22:22 pm »

Hi All,

This is hard to ask, without sounding stupid, but, well, I got a Canon Pro-4000 a few months ago, and haven't REALLY put it through its paces yet. I'm printing a few dozen 18x24's for a buddy for a gallery showing, and with a 24" roll of paper, I'm trying to print with the long side of the page along the width of the paper, but the dang printer keeps insisting on printing in "portrait" mode, so I end up with a 24" square piece of paper, and wasting about 1/3 of my paper like this is annoying.

I've tried most of the usual things. I have the image in PS CS6, and I'm using Print Studio Pro. When I set the "switch preview" icon to the roll, it puts the roll graphic on the correct side of the image. Under the "Layout" tab, I have the "rotate page 90 deg (save paper)" checked. But I still get the print coming out the wrong way. And, before you ask, the first few times, I printed WITHOUT the rotate flag checked. I've rotate the image in Photoshop, I've tried printing straight from PS instead of using the Print Studio Pro plug in.

I'm betting it's something simple, but I have no idea what else to do. Most of my other prints are 24x36, although I did print a 24x8, and even a 44x66. All oriented correctly.

Anyway, as I said, it's probably something stupid that I'm overlooking...

Thanks!

MetzImage

Re: Print orientation on Canon Pro-4000
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 06:58:28 pm »

Hi, in Print Studio Pro you might try using the ordinary print preview, instead of using the roll paper preview. I always use that preview mode in PSPro, regardless of whether I'm printing on roll or sheet media. I remember I had a few issues when I first started using the Pro-4000, when I used roll preview mode. I hope that helps!

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up