Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Franzis and other supplements/alternatives to Lightroom and PS  (Read 921 times)

HCHeyerdahl

• http://

What are useful supplements to Lightroom and PhotoShop (PS)? I am OK with the subscription thing so the question is only about practical advantages. I am on windows 10.

My main software is Lightroom and I use PS for images I choose to elaborate more with some pixel editing - and for my uses I am proficient at both.

I have recent copies of both DXO and C1 but since I am more proficient in LR and PS I find they do not really give me any advantage. C1 may be worth learning better though. There is something about the colour in certain images. The interface of DXO discourages me from digging deeper into it.

In addition to PS and LR I use Focus Magic for the odd out of focus image I am "desperate to save". I use Photomatics for HDR but find it hard at times to find a "natural look".

I have recently downloaded the On1, NIK and Topaz sets. I have not tried any of it yet, but have som time to play in the coming months.  Do you have any other suggestions for other support programs or plug ins I should consider to play with? Franzis??  Deconvolution, sharpening, HDR, B&W being of prime interest. (I will ask about focus stacking and stiching in a separate thread).

I do not expect to continue to use all the above mentioned software. The point is to find out what is actually useful as supplements to the LR and PS combo.

Chris

Pages: [1]   Go Up