Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

High resolution, scaled focus dial for the Actus??

<< < (2/7) > >>

Hening Bettermann:
Thanks for your reply, Alan. As far as I can see, the follow focus system addresses a different problem, is designed to work directly on a single DSLR lens, does not provide a scale and is indeed a major rig. What is needed here is not primarily a gear, that works on one lens, but a precision-scaled knob that replaces the focusing and tilt/swing knobs of a view camera.

alan_b:
Sorry, I wasn't talking about using a follow focus kit as-configured, but rather as a starting point or idea for modification.  Some fabrication work would be necessary since I don't think there's anything on the market that does exactly what you want.

Hening Bettermann:

--- Quote from: alan_b on May 08, 2017, 08:11:10 pm ---[...]  Some fabrication work would be necessary since I don't think there's anything on the market that does exactly what you want.

--- End quote ---

Indeed, but the the question is just how much machine work is required. Can you specify what you think is talking against my plan of "just" mounting this scaled radio knob instead of the existing focussing knob? (Maybe if needed exchange the shaft as well.)

Michael Erlewine:
I don't know about adding a dial, but I use this on my Novoflex Castle-L & Castel-Q racks. It very much helps to make smaller movements.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/849714-REG/Novoflex_CAST_FINE_Fine_Focusing_Extension_Handle.html

Hening Bettermann:
Thank you for your comment, Michael. - I hope the movement of the Actus itself is fine enough, even though I have no experience with it. The dial however is the crucial point for me when making a focus series. I have equipped my lenses with a millimeter scale glued around the barrel. This is what I need to replace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version