Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: printing with chroma optimizer only  (Read 931 times)

nicho135

printing with chroma optimizer only
« on: April 12, 2017, 05:31:04 pm »

I have a Canon Pro-1 printer, and I was wondering if it was possible to print with the Chroma Optimizer cartridge only.  For example, could I print glossy type on a blank sheet of paper, such that the text is only visible when the light is angled just so?  Anybody tried something like this with any other inkjet printers?

aaronchan

Re: printing with chroma optimizer only
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 01:53:36 am »

not sure about the canon pro-1
BUT! if there is an option such as "Gloss Optimizer over the image only", something like that,
you can write your text in RGB 254,254,254, very bright white but not 100% white,
than that should trick the printer do to whatever you said.

done this before on the HP Z3200 and it works perfectly.

aaron

nicho135

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 05:14:10 pm »

Thanks for the response.  It actually turns out that Canon has a fairly sophisticated feature to cover creative usage of the chroma optimizer: http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/PRO-1%20v1-1%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-c_clearcoating.html

Doug Gray

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 07:32:54 pm »

Thanks for the response.  It actually turns out that Canon has a fairly sophisticated feature to cover creative usage of the chroma optimizer: http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/PRO-1%20v1-1%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-c_clearcoating.html

Interesting. Has anyone measured whether, and/or how much, colors are shifted from clear coating? Obviously specular reflection is changed the most but profiles assume an image is illuminated at 45 degrees, the same as how colors are measured by spectros. I would still expect some small differences but are they small enough to ignore or should one make a profile for the same chroma optimizing settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up