Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matte lamination film (cold) that keeps black / contrast looking good  (Read 477 times)

henrikolsen

I'm searching for a matte, slightly textured, lamination film for my cold laminator that will not kill the blacks/dmax/contrast too much.

Most of what I've sampled so far makes it too weak for my taste and intended use.

I'd like the film to take away/smoothen reflections, and have just a touch of fine grained texture (not all flat smooth like some "satins/mattes" I've seen with good dmax, and not worm-like structure up-close like some "crystals"). And that without killing blacks.

I have a product sample from a framer company where their matte laminate is really good, but I haven't been able to figure out what exact product it is. The specific sample reaching an L* of around 8 as I recall, which looks pretty good.

I have a flat untextured (to the eye) smooth satin going lower/blacker, but I miss some texture here. And I have a so called "flat matte" that have a wonderful texture (despite the name flat, it's more the contrast that goes flat), but it kills blacks, going to L* of 20+. The L* is just a number I know, and won't cover the whole experience though, like how the texture and reflection angles behave, but just to give you a hint.

Options available in Europe are preferred, but for others elsewhere, of course share if you have a good hint. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up