Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALPA SILEX and Hasselblad back question?  (Read 1584 times)

BAB

ALPA SILEX and Hasselblad back question?
« on: February 22, 2017, 07:09:16 pm »

Looking on the Alpa site as to what the new ALPA SILEX combined with the H back will provide for tech shooting. Alpa says "The camera switches fully automatically between the two shutters also during bracketing sequences." Does this mean its provides for Auto exposure bracketing (one touch) of 3-7 shots?

I have not used the ALPA 12 FPS what are the possibilities of tilt and shift with the combo?

Seems like Hasselblad will be solving the USB power with tech cameras shortly and I'm trying to think about a shooting solution other than the HTS 1.5 which will give me tilt and shift without the 1.5X.

thanks

Barry

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

sdn

Re: ALPA SILEX and Hasselblad back question?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 02:49:43 pm »

Hi Barry,

I actually have similar questions. Did you got some answers already?

It would be wonderful if the Hasselblad 24mm could be shifted without the use of 1.5x HTS converter. Seems like the SILEX is perfect for this?

Thanks,
Michael

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 05:21:38 pm »

It would be wonderful if the Hasselblad 24mm could be shifted without the use of 1.5x HTS converter. Seems like the SILEX is perfect for this?

Why would that be useful knowing that the image circle of the 24mm only covers 36x48mm?

Cheers,
Bernard

sdn

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:15:24 am »

Why would that be useful knowing that the image circle of the 24mm only covers 36x48mm?

You are right about that...
Then it would be Canon TS lenses instead, with the Hasselblad back. Looks like the Silex is a nice solution for architectural work.

BAB

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:11:24 am »

Maybe Alps will make use of the sensor and add functionality that current firmware lacks.?
Using A Alpa lens for a wide angle lens with tilt shift possibilities is a option I would support. Using the 28mm H lens I can tell you that if the camera is pointed upwards 30-45 degree and you allow 30% overlap for stiching you still won't like the results, using the HTS is great but really limits super wide images! You can't changes physics but you can invent ways around them.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic
Pages: [1]   Go Up