Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lofoten February 2017  (Read 3278 times)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Re: Lofoten February 2017
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 07:37:08 pm »

Did you 10 stop that first shot and smooth that water out? Curious to compare the two. First shot is the most compelling out of the 50 so far you've posted.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 01:35:24 am »

Nice images Hans. I'm in Lofoten now with a workshop group as well as Art Wolfe and Ignacio Palacio.  Forecast looks good for the week.  Fresh snow on the ground.  This a great area to photograph in as well as many other places in Norway.  It is a wide angle landscape for a lot of shots, but some interesting images can be found using the longer lenses.  I am also using so I can review it the new Wine Country filter holder for longer exposures.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 08:37:35 am »

Did you 10 stop that first shot and smooth that water out? Curious to compare the two. First shot is the most compelling out of the 50 so far you've posted.

Thanks :) The water was frozen so no need for smooth it out. The shutter speed was 0.5s at f/16, ISO 100.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 08:41:12 am »

Nice images Hans. I'm in Lofoten now with a workshop group as well as Art Wolfe and Ignacio Palacio.  Forecast looks good for the week.  Fresh snow on the ground.  This a great area to photograph in as well as many other places in Norway.  It is a wide angle landscape for a lot of shots, but some interesting images can be found using the longer lenses.  I am also using so I can review it the new Wine Country filter holder for longer exposures.

Thanks Kevin and good luck with the workshop. Say hello to Art from me :)

I agree longer lenses are useful and I shoot a number of them this time (you know I shoot a lot with longer lenses and love my 100-400 lens for that). Last year when I was there for research I did shoot a lot more with longer lenses due to the light and partly overcast weather.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up