Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918105 times)

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Re: Trump II
« Reply #6200 on: September 16, 2017, 02:15:01 pm »

Because you said we should drop mentioning Hillary, no?
These type of jokes are fine by me, what I don't like (but it doesn't annoy me) is that when there is Trump critique the discussion gets diverted to Hillary, Obama or anybody else besides Trump just to divert attention away from his bonehead and stupid mistakes.
pieter, aka pegelli

scyth

« Reply #6201 on: September 16, 2017, 02:16:15 pm »

Actually Hillary was correct...it's called the DMZ.

the border is this = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Demarcation_Line

north of it the land and air is sovereign property of NK, south of - SK ... there are not miles of space (belonging to whom ?) between 2 countries... armed NK soldiers partol DMZ north of MDL, armed SK soldiers & probably Americans south of it...  the agreement not to put any "heavy arms" stationary on soil inside it does not change the situation

scyth

« Reply #6202 on: September 16, 2017, 02:22:28 pm »

Or we hoped that, by letting him be, he would indeed be a "greater threat to Russia" and act on it?

exactly, we just need to remember who and why fed Osama in 80s  ;D ... but justice was served, you reap what you saw, amen !

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6203 on: September 16, 2017, 02:26:08 pm »

... diverted to Hillary, Obama or anybody else besides Trump just to divert attention away from his bonehead and stupid mistakes.

The point is not to divert, but to point out the hypocrisy of "worrying about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own."

pegelli

« Reply #6204 on: September 16, 2017, 03:29:51 pm »

The point is not to divert, but to point out the hypocrisy of "worrying about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own."
I think it's more a log in Trump's eye vs. a spec in others, but as I said before, beauty (or the opposite) is in the eye of the beholder ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #6205 on: September 16, 2017, 04:34:15 pm »

Of course. Then again, (some) Eastern Europe and Russia do know how to fight. Some others, in Western Europe in particular, prefer immediate surrender ;)
When are you going to enlist?  The marines need a few good mindless men!

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6206 on: September 16, 2017, 04:58:05 pm »

These type of jokes are fine by me, what I don't like (but it doesn't annoy me) is that when there is Trump critique the discussion gets diverted to Hillary, Obama or anybody else besides Trump just to divert attention away from his bonehead and stupid mistakes.
Well Trump is correcting some of the bonehead mistakes of Obama and Hillary.  So we are mentioning them to make a point.  Such as Obama's Syria red line which emboldened all our enemies and pulling our fleet out of the Pacific and giving a green light to China to build those islands into military bases.  How about the mess of Obamacare creating medical insurance costs out of site?  Hillary's giving the green light to execute Libya's Gadhafi and fracturing that country into a terrorist nest?  Obama doing nothing about North Korea so now we have to deal with his missiles and nukes almost at our doorstep.  Any mistakes Trump has made, so far, are rather minor and more about tone than policies. 

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6207 on: September 16, 2017, 05:09:05 pm »

China's claims in the South China Sea predate Obama by over sixty years. Blaming him for that situation displays nothing but ignorance of the facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-Dash_Line

We'll see what Trump does about the South China Sea and North Korea.  If you think he has a magic solution to those issues, you're further revealing how well he's hoodwinked y'alls.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6208 on: September 16, 2017, 05:11:50 pm »

When are you going to enlist?  The marines need a few good mindless men!

I tried enlisting for the The Expendables, but got rejected. Something about age, I think ;)

pegelli

« Reply #6209 on: September 16, 2017, 05:12:50 pm »

Well Trump is correcting some of the bonehead mistakes of Obama and Hillary. 
As we used to say at work, some people throw over more stuff with their a$$ then they can ever dream of puttting back up with their hands ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6210 on: September 16, 2017, 05:22:59 pm »

China's claims in the South China Sea predate Obama by over sixty years. Blaming him for that situation displays nothing but ignorance of the facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-Dash_Line

We'll see what Trump does about the South China Sea and North Korea.  If you think he has a magic solution to those issues, you're further revealing how well he's hoodwinked y'alls.
The facts are China did nothing during those 60 years because they were afraid of America.  But when Obama pulled our navy out of patrolling the South China Sea in 2013, that gave them the green light.  They immediately went to work building up those islands into military bases.  Obama did nothing, just like his red line in Syria.  His fecklessness is what caused the reaction. 

Now we have a real problem.  It would require us to go to war to dislodge them from those islands, something we're not going to do. However, Trump has re-started our patrols and we'll see if China will try to test Trump at other islands.  Maybe your country should take them on.  North Korea too. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6211 on: September 16, 2017, 05:27:13 pm »

As we used to say at work, some people throw over more stuff with their a$$ then they can ever dream of puttting back up with their hands ;)
Peter, I admit I throw a lot of American idiomatic expressions at you (deliberately :) )and you do fine with understanding them.  Kudos to you.  Frankly, I'm not as astute as you.  Could you explain yours? 

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6212 on: September 16, 2017, 06:00:44 pm »

Wow, looks like another one got Grubered. 

Hum...not sure that article proved anything other than Obama was trying to keep the individual mandate from being counted as a tax increase by the CBO, nothing in the article definitively says anything about the if you like your plan you can keep your plan except for this:

President Obama insists none of this represents the views of his administration. Asked in Australia whether he had intentionally misled the American people to get the law passed, Obama replied curtly, “No, I did not.”

Yes, he did. Put aside his now infamous lie of the year in 2013 that “if you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan.” Obama also insisted repeatedly that the individual mandate “is absolutely not a tax increase.” In a 2009 interview with ABC News, George Stephanopoulos pressed him on it no less than five times. He even read Obama the definition of “tax” from Webster’s dictionary. Obama was adamant: “My critics say everything is a tax increase. . . . I absolutely reject that notion.”

So, where does that say Obama knew in advance that people would not be able to keep their plans if they liked their plans? Note also that many if not most people COULD keep their plans at least in the beginning and for some people–myself included–Obama care WAS cheaper than what I could buy as an individual before Obamacare came out. Plus, I could change insurance and still be assured I would not be denied because of a preexisting condition.

Ironically, now that the GOP is in charge of trying to kill Obamacare with their repeal and replace bullshit, Obamacare is even more popular now that at any time when Obama was president.

Schewe

« Reply #6213 on: September 16, 2017, 06:14:44 pm »

Oh, dear, here we go again! The lamest excuse by the FBI, trying to cover their asinus (but, mom... Russians didn't tell us everything they know so that we can gain insight into their methods and operating network... not our fault, mom). It is not enough that they warned us, you wanted them to do all the work, provide all the evidence, so that we just show up and arrest him? Or we hoped that, by letting him be, he would indeed be a "greater threat to Russia" and act on it?

Wow, you must have taken advanced lessons on methods of deflection and obfuscation...

The Russians withheld certain facts from the FBI, right? Do you admit that? Some of the facts the Russians withheld were text messages where jihad was discussed...that might have been useful info for the FBI in their investigation of Tamerlan Tsarnaev's activities. Russia didn't share that info until after the bombing occurred.

So, yes, the FBI failed to find anything that would lead them to suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was planing on a terrorist attack in America...shame on the FBI for not being able to read minds. That skill would come in REAL handy in the fight against terrorism.

Schewe

« Reply #6214 on: September 16, 2017, 06:27:47 pm »

there are not miles of space (belonging to whom ?) between 2 countries... armed NK soldiers partol DMZ north of MDL, armed SK soldiers & probably Americans south of it...  the agreement not to put any "heavy arms" stationary on soil inside it does not change the situation

The DMZ is a "no man's land" owned neither by North Korea nor South Korea and the DMZ is 2.5 miles wide. Which put's NK's southern border 2.5 miles north of SM's northern border. Which means North Korea is 2.5 miles away from South Korea...I know English isn't you first language but I'm pretty sure if NK and SK are 2.5 miles apart, what Hillary said was correct.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6215 on: September 16, 2017, 06:43:48 pm »

... The Russians withheld certain facts from the FBI...

That would be lying to federal agents and obstruction of justice. Serves them well that they are now rotting in our prisons.

Oh, wait... they are not our citizens and do not have ANY obligation to tell anything to the "enemy." Whatever we got (a warning) was a pure goodwill on their part. We should have said "thank you, comrades" and then continue to investigate on our own. Surely the Russians do not have better spies than we do, right?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6216 on: September 16, 2017, 07:01:17 pm »

That would be lying to federal agents and obstruction of justice. Serves them well that they are now rotting in our prisons.

Oh, wait... they are not our citizens and do not have ANY obligation to tell anything to the "enemy." Whatever we got (a warning) was a pure goodwill on their part. We should have said "thank you, comrades" and then continue to investigate on our own. Surely the Russians do not have better spies than we do, right?

I'm trying to remember.  When the Boston bombing happened, were the Russians still friends with us or had they become the enemy again?   What about the time around the brothers returning to the US?   The answers might resolve this issue as to who was at fault we didn't nab the bombers in time - the Russians or us.  :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6217 on: September 16, 2017, 07:05:11 pm »

Do they still call each other "comrade"?  No wonder we can't get along with them.

Schewe

« Reply #6218 on: September 17, 2017, 06:32:36 pm »

White House Rejects Supremacist Label: “No One Has Done More Than Trump to Prove White People Are Not Superior”

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Upbraiding the ESPN anchor Jemele Hill for calling Donald Trump a “white supremacist,” the White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said on Wednesday that “no one has done more than President Trump to prove that white people are not superior.”

“It’s grossly unfair that Ms. Hill sought to portray Donald Trump as an upholder of white supremacy, when everything he says or does directly undermines that whole concept,” Sanders said. “Anyone who thinks that Donald Trump is on some mission to make white people look good hasn’t been paying attention.”

Sanders urged the ESPN anchor to “do her homework” on Trump before making baseless allegations. “Read his tweets,” she said. “Listen to his speeches. If you still think Donald Trump is trying to prove that white people are superior, I tip my hat to you.”

Ending on a personal note, Sanders said that she was “a hundred-per-cent sure” that her boss is not a white supremacist. “Donald Trump cannot even spell the word ‘supremacist,’ ” she said.

8)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6219 on: September 17, 2017, 07:03:49 pm »

“Donald Trump cannot even spell the word ‘supremacist,’ ” she said.
That's funny, Jeff.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 331   Go Up