Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918163 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #6020 on: September 06, 2017, 07:01:41 pm »

Hum...maybe the Russians do have kompromat on the Trumpster...

Russian politician says 'let's hit Trump with our Kompromat' on state TV

The politician made the salacious claims during a debate on the Russian state broadcaster Screenshot

Claims made in explosive Trump Russia dossier, though unproven, have led many to speculate Kremlin could be holding sensitive information on former real estate mogul

A Russian politician has threatened to "hit Donald Trump with our Kompromat" on state TV.

Speaking on Russia-24, Nikita Isaev, leader of the far-right New Russia Movement, said the compromising material should be released in retaliation over the closure of several Russian diplomatic compounds across the US.

When asked whether Russia has such material, Mr Isaev, who is also director of the Russian Institute of Contemporary Economics, replied: "Of course we have it!"

The exchanges were first translated and reported by Russian media analyst Julia Davis..

Maybe the Russian speakers can watch the video from Russia-24 to see if the translation says what this article says it does, but it sure seems like the Russians may have "something" on The Donald...

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6021 on: September 06, 2017, 07:51:18 pm »

Facebook says it sold political ads to Russian company during 2016 election
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/facebook-says-it-sold-political-ads-to-russian-company-during-2016-election/2017/09/06/32f01fd2-931e-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html

QUOTE  "Representatives of Facebook told congressional investigators Wednesday that it has discovered it sold ads during the U.S. presidential election to a shadowy Russian company seeking to target voters, according to several people familiar with the company’s findings.

Facebook officials reported that they traced the ad sales, totaling $100,000, to a Russian “troll farm” with a history of pushing pro-Kremlin propaganda, these people said.

A small portion of the ads, which began in the summer of 2015, directly named Republican nominee Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton, the people said, though they declined to say which candidate the ads favored.

Most of the ads, according to a blog post published late Wednesday by Facebook’s chief security officer, Alex Stamos, “appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum — touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights.”

The acknowledgment by Facebook comes as congressional investigators and special counsel Robert Mueller are probing Russian interference in the U.S. election, including allegations that the Kremlin may have coordinated with the Trump campaign.

The U.S. intelligence community concluded in January that Russia had interfered in the U.S. election to help elect Trump, including by using paid social media trolls to spread fake news intended to influence public opinion.

Even though the ad spending from Russia is tiny relative to overall campaign costs, the report from Facebook that a Russian firm was able to target political messages is likely to fuel pointed questions from investigators about whether the Russians received guidance from people in the United States — a question some Democrats have been asking for months."

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6022 on: September 06, 2017, 09:57:55 pm »

... Maybe the Russian speakers can watch the video from Russia-24 to see if the translation says what this article says it does...

It does.

Schewe

« Reply #6023 on: September 07, 2017, 04:38:46 pm »

Seems like Trump tries to make money off of everything–including natural disasters....

Trump and Mar-a-Lago have a long and questionable history with hurricanes

As Hurricane Irma makes its way toward Florida, requisite preparations are underway at Mar-a-Lago, the Palm Beach private club and so-called “Winter White House” owned by US president Donald Trump.

“We are closely monitoring Hurricane Irma,” a Trump organization spokesperson told CNN. “Our teams at the Trump properties in Florida are taking all of the proper precautions and following local and Florida State Advisories very closely to ensure that everyone is kept safe and secure.”

Mar-a-Lago is located in a coastal county in southeast Florida that sees regular tidal flooding and has withstood multiple storms since it was built in 1927. In recent years, the estate was in the path of hurricanes Frances and Jeanne in 2004, and Wilma in 2005.

Trump received a $17-million insurance payout in 2005 for damage caused by Wilma to the private club. Yet an Associated Press investigation published last year revealed there was little evidence of large-scale damage to Mar-a-Lago, and that Trump also kept some of the insurance money for his personal use rather than spending it on repairs. From the AP:

Two years after a series of storms, the real-estate tycoon said he didn’t know how much had been spent on repairs but acknowledged he pocketed some of the money. Trump transferred funds into his personal accounts, saying that under the terms of his policy, “you didn’t have to reinvest it.”

So, one wonder how much damage there really was?

“That house has never been seriously damaged,” Trump’s long-time (and controversial) former butler Anthony Senecal said in an interview with the AP. “I was there for all of [the hurricanes].”

The AP also looked at building records and permits that showed no significant construction took place at Mar-a-Lago after the storm, aside from $3,000 in repairs to lighting and a cleaning of a beachfront pool.

Hum...if I was that insurance company I think I would have done a bit better job of surveying the damage before making a payout–hell, we all know how The Donald likes to exaggerate (read: LIE). $3,000 for minor prepares, $17 mil payout? You figure it out...

Schewe

« Reply #6024 on: September 07, 2017, 04:52:21 pm »

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, the odds are REAL GOOD it is a friggin' duck...

Donald Trump governs the way any white racist would

President Donald Trump arrives at a rally on Aug. 22, 2017, at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix. (Alex Brandon / AP)

by Steve Chapman / Contact Reporter

It was easy to get confused trying to guess what Donald Trump would do about the young people brought to this country illegally as children. Would he act on his professed love of the so-called Dreamers or cater to his hard-line anti-immigrant base? Would he listen to Paul Ryan or Jeff Sessions? Would he side with business executives or Breitbart?

But it’s not really hard to tell what President Trump will do on any issue. Just ask: What would a white racist do? If you can answer that question, you have a good idea which way Trump will go.

His record on the campaign trail and in office shows a clear pattern. He said Mexican immigrants are “bringing crime. They’re rapists.” He called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” He said the Indiana-born judge presiding over a lawsuit against Trump University was unfair because “he’s a Mexican.”

He accused China and South Korea of stealing our jobs. His budget included cuts in funding for prevention of HIV and AIDS abroad. He wants to reduce legal immigration by half. He pardoned former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who was found guilty of illegal racial profiling.

More recently, Trump exhibited a strong reluctance to disown the white supremacists who marched in Charlottesville, Va. After finally coming forth with a condemnation of neo-Nazis and their ilk, he backtracked, blaming “both sides” for the violence.

There is a single unmistakable thread running through this entire fabric: race. The people he attacks or shortchanges are almost always nonwhite. And the pattern is too consistent to be accidental. What has Trump done, after all, that a white racist would not have done?

--snip--

There is, of course, one person widely reviled by Republicans as well as Democrats who escapes Trump’s criticism. But then, Vladimir Putin is as pale as Siberian snow.

It’s not entirely clear whether Trump is a privileged ignoramus whose life has blinded him to the perspective of nonwhites or a conscious bigot who regards various minorities as inferior. But it doesn’t really matter what it’s in his heart. It’s enough that his public conduct is so consistent with outright racism.

The last line if the article says it all...

You don’t have to be a white racist to be satisfied with Trump’s presidency. But it certainly helps.

When you have racists and bigots supporting you and happy with your words and deeds, you are on the wrong side.

scyth

« Reply #6025 on: September 07, 2017, 05:36:35 pm »

but it sure seems like the Russians may have "something" on The Donald...

the dude who says like "we shall hit them with компромат" is a fringe figure ... he was never ever even elected anywhere - not even to some middle of nowhere municipal level, not even from whatever was/is the Putin party... so this is an example of the Western-style "fake" news  ;D  - when the media does not describe the background of the person who says something that suits their agenda ... he is invited to such talk shows in Russia just to spice them up ... but he is nowhere near the circles who might actually know something... he was a civil servant (not elected, appointed) for 3 years (2008-2011) @ a middle level and his area was social services/youth matters/tourism...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:40:34 pm by scyth »

Schewe

« Reply #6026 on: September 08, 2017, 12:58:58 am »

And again the Trump "Travel Bad" gets a court rejection for attempt to prevent extended family members of Americans from entering the country from those 6 countries...

9th Circuit narrows Trump's travel ban

Sept. 7 (UPI) -- A federal appeals court on Thursday reject President Donald Trump's attempts to prevent extended family members of Americans from entering the country as part of his executive order banning travel from six majority-Muslim countries.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals said the administration can't exclude grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins in its attempts to comply with the U.S. Supreme Court's limitations on Trump's revised travel ban.

In June, the high court said it would decide the overall legality of the travel ban this fall. The court ruled that travelers from the six targeted countries can bypass the travel ban and enter the United States if they can prove they have a "bona fide" relationship with a U.S. person or entity.

We'll see what transpires when the Supremes have the ultimate say about Trump's ban when arguments are heard starting Oct 10th. Bring popcorn!!!

Schewe

« Reply #6027 on: September 08, 2017, 01:07:44 am »

Wait, first a deal on the debt ceiling and Harvey aid and not Nancy talks to Trump and gets him to tweet?

What?

Trump Tweets Reassurance to ‘Dreamers’ at Pelosi’s Request

Donny, you really should tell those poor "Dreamers" not to worry...

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., spoke with President Donald Trump Thursday morning and asked him to tweet reassurance to "Dreamers" that deportation wasn't imminent.

And he did, Pelosi told reporters, "boom, boom, boom."

"When he called this morning, I said, 'Thanks for calling, people really need a reassurance from you, Mr. President, that the six-month period is not a period of round-up,'" Pelosi said during her weekly press conference Thursday, explaining that young immigrants were worried the six-month window Trump put in place before winding down DACA could be used as a period to begin removals.

A senior Democratic aide told NBC News Thursday that Pelosi told her colleagues at a whip meeting she specifically asked Trump to tweet a message clarifying that current DACA recipients would not be subject to deportation for another six months.

Sure enough, the president tweeted Pelosi’s requested message after the call, at 9:42 a.m.

Donald J. Trump  ✔ @realDonaldTrump
For all of those (DACA) that are concerned about your status during the 6 month period, you have nothing to worry about - No action!
8:42 AM - Sep 7, 2017

Things that make you go hum....

Otto Phocus

« Reply #6028 on: September 08, 2017, 06:48:50 am »

When the government tells you "you have nothing to worry about"; that's when you need to start worrying.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

scyth

« Reply #6029 on: September 08, 2017, 08:30:22 am »

When the government tells you "you have nothing to worry about"; that's when you need to start worrying.

gov't or private business - same shit ...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6030 on: September 08, 2017, 09:55:42 am »

Seems like Trump tries to make money off of everything–including natural disasters....

Trump and Mar-a-Lago have a long and questionable history with hurricanes

So, one wonder how much damage there really was?

Hum...if I was that insurance company I think I would have done a bit better job of surveying the damage before making a payout–hell, we all know how The Donald likes to exaggerate (read: LIE). $3,000 for minor prepares, $17 mil payout? You figure it out...

I don't know what happened at Mar-a-lago with the insurance payment.  But it does remnind me of the joke about two businessmen.  They met one day and discussed how they wound up in Florida in retirement.

"Well," said retired guy #1.  "My clothing store had a fire and burned down completely.  So, I retired to Florida with the insurance money they paid me."
"Oh, " said retired guy #2. "Something similar happened to me.  I retired to Florida with insurance money too when my shoe store was ruined.  Except I had a flood."
"A flood?" asked retired guy #1, incredulously. "How do you make a flood?"

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6031 on: September 08, 2017, 10:18:00 am »

And again the Trump "Travel Bad" gets a court rejection for attempt to prevent extended family members of Americans from entering the country from those 6 countries...

9th Circuit narrows Trump's travel ban

We'll see what transpires when the Supremes have the ultimate say about Trump's ban when arguments are heard starting Oct 10th. Bring popcorn!!!

The 9th circuit, I believe, punted on this issue to begin with up to the appeals court without ruling because they didn't want to get slapped down again by SCOTUS like they did the first time.   Nothing's really changed.  The ban is in effect for 99.9% of the people who live in those 6 countries.   Only the .01% of those countries' population who can show some credible relationship with America will be allowed to enter.  Frankly, I think SCOTUS is going to allow the existing situation to stand.  Or the whole thing will be moot if Trump issues the new procedures which he was suppose to do within 90 days which would occur before October.  If that happens, the Administration might just withdraw its objection and the case will end on its own.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6032 on: September 08, 2017, 03:58:44 pm »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6033 on: September 08, 2017, 05:03:30 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/TheTrumpRepublicans/videos/517166461961682/

When New York Senator Schumer found out that there are 40,000 DACA people living in his State who could vote for him if they became citizens,  he suddenly became their champion.

James Clark

« Reply #6034 on: September 08, 2017, 06:24:30 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/TheTrumpRepublicans/videos/517166461961682/

I mean, YOU came here legally.  Why the hell can't some 5 year old take the test and become a citizen the RIGHT way?  Why do kids hate America, and all we stand for?  Why?  WHY?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6035 on: September 08, 2017, 06:38:01 pm »

Because his parents made the wrong decision, so they ended up here illegally. If you don't agree with me, listen what Hillary was saying in that  video.

James Clark

« Reply #6036 on: September 08, 2017, 06:46:15 pm »

Because his parents made the wrong decision, so they ended up here illegally. If you don't agree with me, listen what Hillary was saying in that  video.

No worries - I'm perfectly comfortable disagreeing with you AND with Hillary.  Here's what I'm NOT comfortable with - rounding up some poor kid from Fresno who was brought here as a 5-year-old, grew up speaking English with American friends at her American elementary school, then went on to college or to work or whatever, and frog-marching her to the border of Mexico and saying, "hasta la vista, kid.  Good luck!"   If you're cool with that, I don't know what to say. 

Incidentally, Hillary's not really addressing the kids already here, but rather the potential ramifications the law. You want to repeal DACA?  I can see a case for it. But there has to be abetter option for those already here than, "later, dude.  See ya."

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6037 on: September 08, 2017, 06:59:12 pm »

I am more than cool with it.

Every time you offer amnesty, regardless how compassionate it might be, you are writing an invitation for the next generation of illegal crossings, waiting for the next amnesty. Have you noticed the surge of "unaccompanied" minors crossing the border during Obama years and especially after DACA? Surprising? Hardly.

James Clark

« Reply #6038 on: September 08, 2017, 07:27:44 pm »

I am more than cool with it.

Unfathomably cruel. 

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #6039 on: September 08, 2017, 09:05:26 pm »

Unfathomably cruel.

Not just cruel, but bad for your country too. You round up a bunch of valuable assets and get rid of them because of some bad circumstances in their parents lives years earlier. Oh yeah, that'll make America great again, no question. Then factor in the amount of money you have to spend to accomplish this in police and judicial manpower. You probably benefit from their presence. Those folks are practically pre-selected for ambition and drive.
--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 331   Go Up