Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918228 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #5700 on: August 27, 2017, 10:28:34 pm »

Typical, in his zeal to undo anything Obama, Trump just signed an order rescinding Obama-era flood standards. While it wouldn't have any impact on today's hurricane Harvey flooding, it will make it more likely that the future will hold more flooding problems, not less.

TRUMP RESCINDED OBAMA’S FLOOD RISK RULES WEEKS BEFORE HURRICANE HARVEY HIT

Trump is a builder who has a lot of experience knowing how permitting slows down the construction process.   It adds huge costs and delays starts.  We can tweak it as we go along.   He also said something that you didn't mention, that environmental requirements would continue.  This all seems to be  a reasonable approach.  Adding all kinds of new not-yet-implemented bureaucratic requirements that Obama issued without Congressional oversight in 2015 is just going to slow everything down.  Let's get infrastructure construction going. It will help the economy, jobs, and make America more efficient businesswise. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5701 on: August 27, 2017, 10:30:28 pm »

No need to spend $95 and even more so if it is $95 in US currency. In Canada, we have plenty of PC news and rules.

All lot of the PC is right here in this thread. :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5702 on: August 27, 2017, 10:58:07 pm »

Typical, in his zeal to undo anything Obama, Trump just signed an order rescinding Obama-era flood standards. While it wouldn't have any impact on today's hurricane Harvey flooding, it will make it more likely that the future will hold more flooding problems, not less.

TRUMP RESCINDED OBAMA’S FLOOD RISK RULES WEEKS BEFORE HURRICANE HARVEY HIT

Oh, I wanted to add that Trump could personally save 100 people from drowning in the Texas floods caused by this hurricane, and the fake news media will find something about him to gripe about to try to make him look bad.  Reading the title of that article just confirms my point.  You at least have the honesty to state that Obama's rules would have had no effect on the effect of the hurricane.  But the article title doesn't say what you said.  The title is just there to influence people against Trump.  We get it.  Fake news. 

At some point, the people who have been turned off against Trump by these fake news articles are going to realize that they've been had.  That there has been a dishonest campaign mounted against him. When that happens, no one will believe the left.  Everyone is going to say, "Well, it's just them again.  Just another Big Orange Dummy comment from the haters."  You'll never be able to restore your credibility.  Trump will get their votes.

texshooter

« Reply #5703 on: August 27, 2017, 11:01:17 pm »

Revolutionary war hero Colonel William Crawford was burned at the stake by natives.
Let the poor guy rest in peace.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/apparently-social-justice-vandals-are-decapitating-revolutionary-war-statues-now/article/2632612

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5704 on: August 27, 2017, 11:17:20 pm »

Revolutionary war hero Colonel William Crawford was burned at the stake by natives.
Let the poor guy rest in peace.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/apparently-social-justice-vandals-are-decapitating-revolutionary-war-statues-now/article/2632612

What's interesting is how so many Americans were aghast at ISIS's destruction of Palmyra and other curtural heritage sites they captured.  One could argue, at least, that ISIS had good cause to destroy representations of idols, statues,  craven images,  and other polytheistic religious artifacts.   Yet, many of these same free-thinkers who condemn ISIS do not find the destruction of cultural symbols of our predecessors as being worthy of the same respect and protection.  Pretty soon they'll be singling out books whose thinking does not reflect their political and social beliefs.  It seems they have a lot in common with Salafist Saudis.  Anyone have a match?

"ISIL justifies the destruction of cultural heritage sites with its extreme following the Salafism which, according to its followers, places "great importance on establishing tawhid (monotheism)", and "eliminating shirk (polytheism)." While it is often assumed that the group's actions are mindless acts of vandalism, there is an ideological underpinning to the destruction. ISIL views its actions in sites like Palmyra and Nimrud as being in accordance with Sunni Islamic tradition.[3] However, it is valuable to point out that no Muslims worship cultural heritage sites, and such were historically almost untouched by the Muslim rulers in countries such as Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Iran. The only country that actively destroys its cultural heritage is Saudi Arabia, whose government just as ISIL also follows Salafi version of Sunni Islam."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_cultural_heritage_by_ISIL

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5705 on: August 27, 2017, 11:42:49 pm »

Another new example of PC and shutting up people you don't believe hold The Truth and have no right to free speech.  This is very dangerous as I see both sides getting violent.     I'm not sure who was trying to shut the other side down.  Maybe someone else could help figure it out.  But it's not good regardless who's doing it.  Someone is going to pull a gun soon.  Then our politics are going to get really bad. 

Black-clad anarchists storm Berkeley rally, assaulting 5
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/black-clad-anarchists-storm-berkeley-rally-assaulting-5/2017/08/27/b407272a-8b88-11e7-9c53-6a169beb0953_story.html

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5706 on: August 28, 2017, 12:13:44 am »

Btw, what exactly do you consider "racism" in Chicago?

I humbly and sheepishly admit that Chicago is one of the very few American cities I've not visited, so my evaluation of "racism in Chicago" is limited to what I've read and seen on the media over the past 50 years or so. Despite Alan's view that I can't express an opinion unless I've been there, I have to report that it's not a positive view. Especially disturbing are the reports of police treatment of non-whites.

Those reports can't all be "fake news".

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5707 on: August 28, 2017, 12:17:06 am »

They don't want to hear opposing views.

Wow. Really, Alan? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  "I don't have time to read the pdf"

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5708 on: August 28, 2017, 12:29:02 am »

I humbly and sheepishly admit that Chicago is one of the very few American cities I've not visited, so my evaluation of "racism in Chicago" is limited to what I've read and seen on the media over the past 50 years or so. Despite Alan's view that I can't express an opinion unless I've been there, I have to report that it's not a positive view. Especially disturbing are the reports of police treatment of non-whites.

Those reports can't all be "fake news".

I haven't been there but once many years ago for a day.  But keep in mind that Chicago has been Democrat for decades.  The mayor is Democrat.  Their policies are Democrat and liberal.  And Democrats run the police force.  They run all the organs of the city and police force.  They are the power in the city.  If there's prejudice, it's Democrat.  They can't blame Republican Trump for their mess.  Why blacks put up with how Democrats have treated them boggles my mind.  When Trump said to black Americans, "Vote for me.  What do you have to lose.", the biased media made fun of him.  Well, it's true.  Democrats haven't been good for Blacks in many areas.  They make promises that they don't keep.  Except for some who've gotten ahead, most are kept down by Democrat and liberal social policies that keep them stuck in the past.  It's really a shame.  Obama and guys like Al Sharpton didn't help.  They continued the Democrat strategy of playing the race card of them against us instead of uniting our peoples.  What a legacy Obama left us. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5709 on: August 28, 2017, 12:32:34 am »

.... Especially disturbing are the reports of police treatment of non-whites...

The police in Chicago is white, black, brown, Asian, etc. The chief is black. So, how is that very mixed-race police mistreating non-whites? 90% of black killings were done by other blacks, and yet everyone is obsessing over one or two percent killed as a result of police action.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5710 on: August 28, 2017, 12:37:10 am »

Wow. Really, Alan? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  "I don't have time to read the pdf"

"I don't have time to read the pdf."  You sound like the biased media commenting on Trump's, "Obama Tapped My Phone." and ignore the point the Trump made regarding surveillance.  Regarding pdf attachments, I don't have time to read every attachment although often I'll glance at its point.  And I listen to the person posting and understand their opposing viewpoint.   Stop cherry picking and understand what I have to say instead of playing word games with me. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5711 on: August 28, 2017, 12:41:34 am »

The police in Chicago is white, black, brown, Asian, etc. The chief is black. So, how is that very mixed-race police mistreating non-whites? 90% of black killings were done by other blacks, and yet everyone is obsessing over one or two percent killed as a result of police action.
Well, you know the answer for the "obsession".  They're playing the race card.  Identity politics to get the vote.  Also, they're diverting attention away from the fact that liberal and Democrat policies have failed the Black community. 

texshooter

« Reply #5712 on: August 28, 2017, 01:05:47 am »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:20:28 am by texshooter »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #5713 on: August 28, 2017, 01:13:39 am »

That Chicago report is quite depressing.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #5714 on: August 28, 2017, 01:56:51 am »

The Left in America only believes in free speech if it supports their position.  They don't want to hear opposing views. 
I don't think so, they just oppose it when freedom of speech turns into violence. Same with the right. And both sides are right on that.
It's only the violent extremes that are opposing the freedom of the other side, not the large groups in the middle. Opposing the views of the other side is not equivalent to opposing their right to free speech.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:00:35 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

mecrox

• My Online Portfolio
« Reply #5715 on: August 28, 2017, 04:28:20 am »

The psychosis continues.

Catholic school tears down Baby Jesus statues for being too racist.

What's next? The Little Mermaid?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/08/26/too-alienating-catholic-school-removes-statues-of-the-virgin-mary-and-jesus-n2373209

There's quite a good article in New Republic or somewhere similar which points out that this is really just the latest manifestation of a very old disease: iconoclasm. It's being going on in the West, at least, for well over a thousand years. There's something fatal in the culture which leads people to think everything including the past is their fault and so must be atoned for. The result is intense self-loathing, imho.

Look at the two episodes of iconoclasm in the eight and ninth centuries in the Byzantine Empire. People simply went mad. There was a great deal of violence and destruction. Afterwards, no one really seemed to know what had been going on. I suppose the same could be said of the strains within Islam which lead to the destruction of ancient monuments. Perhaps it's an aberration in the human psyche which breaks out when conditions are right - conditions of crisis and extremism of the kind we see now. An End of Days psychosis - I mean, there's no need for old statues if the world will end in fire, sword and rapture in a few weeks anyway. Who knows.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:39:52 am by mecrox »
Mark @ Flickr

jeremyrh

« Reply #5716 on: August 28, 2017, 04:38:38 am »

Or high blood pressure. :'(

Or uncontrollable laughter. I "ignore" Alan and Slobodan for that reason.

Farmer

« Reply #5717 on: August 28, 2017, 06:08:24 am »

I wonder why is that labeled as an American problem?

Who labelled it as uniquely American?  I saw no one do such a thing.

Race is a far bigger issue in the US than many other places, including other multicultural, western democracies.  That's not to say those others have no issues - not at all.  But to suggest (indeed, you insisted) that the US has no racial problems because you suggest no one can point to a law that is racially problematic, is absurd.  Demonstrably so!
Phil Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5718 on: August 28, 2017, 07:44:09 am »

...  Demonstrably so!

Care to demonstrate?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5719 on: August 28, 2017, 07:45:32 am »

Who labelled it as uniquely American?...

Race is a far bigger issue in the US than many other places...

You don't see the inherent contradiction in the above?
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 331   Go Up