Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 917396 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #5100 on: August 16, 2017, 04:06:31 pm »

Is disbanding the Corporate Advisors part of the swamp cleaning?
--
Robert

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5101 on: August 16, 2017, 04:08:35 pm »

He's got a speech problem.

Oh, he's got a speech problem all right...when he's not on teleprompter, he speaks from his true self.

Make no mistake about yesterday's "press conference". While his staff may have thought he was just gonna make a few statements and leave, that was not his plan at all. He came locked & loaded for what he wanted to do. He came with the Sat speech he gave typed up on big type in his pocket.

Pablo Martinez Monsivais from AP got a great shot of him reaching into his pocket  as he pulled it out.

Trump had, by all accounts been stewing since Sat when the #FAKENEWS reported his statement and roundly criticized it for not mentioning Natzi, KKK, white supremacists and antisemites. The Sun shows had all sorts of people including a lot of GOP criticizing Trump and even had the White House release an anonymous saying OF COURSE Trump meant the Natzi, KKK, white supremacists and antisemites when he condemned whenever he condemned in his speech on Sat.

He was convinced by his staff and came out and read a statement on Monday which DID call out the Natzi, KKK, white supremacists and antisemites. He was stiff and wooden and completely insincere in his presentation and while the language was much better, it seemed like he was a hostage being forced to read a message...you could almost see his eyes blinking saying in morse code "I'm being forced to read this, I don't really believe what I'm saying". Andy Borowitz of The New Yorker had is down pat: Man in Hostage Video Forced to Recite Words Not His Own.

So, naturally Trump was pissed off because the #FAKENEWS didn't fawn over his new speech.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Made additional remarks on Charlottesville and realize once again that the #Fake News Media will never be satisfied...truly bad people!
3:29 PM - 14 Aug 2017

So, when Trump stepped out of that elevator, he was all set to go off on the #FAKENEWS and rather than simply thank everybody after giving his remarks about infrastructure, he went off...

That was the real Donald J Trump...a deranged, malignant narcissist who can't stand being criticized and carries a grudge forever...

Re doubled down and basically admitted that his Mon statement trying to clarify his condemnation of Natzi, KKK, white supremacists and antisemites was a complete fabrication...a lie that he read off of a teleprompter while under duress.

What he spewed forth with was from his soul. That's what the man actually believes...he's a closet racist. He "pretends" to believe in equal rights but that's not in his heart. He didn't even bother to use a dog whistle...he said Natzi, KKK, white supremacists and antisemites were no worse than the people protesting Natzi, KKK, white supremacists and antisemites. He made a moral equivalence and the Natzi, KKK, white supremacists and antisemites thanked him for it.

The Natzi, KKK, white supremacists and antisemites thanked him for it.

Naw Trump is who we thought he was...he's who Trump supporters voted for.
But he ain't my president...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:12:34 pm by Schewe »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5102 on: August 16, 2017, 04:14:04 pm »

How much real power did those two individuals have? How was it exercised?

If Obama wanted to help get the country past negative race relations, you don't hire Al Sharpton.  But, he had an ulterior motive.  Obama could outwardly make it seem like he was an honest broker between the races.  Meanwhile, his close relation with Sharpton was a "wink and a nod" to the black community to remind them he really was on their side.  Whites aren't stupid.  They saw through the façade.  Obama was a phony when it came to race relations. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5103 on: August 16, 2017, 04:30:21 pm »

Regarding the statue issue, it turns out that there are eight statues of Confederate leaders installed in the U.S. Capitol where Congress meets.  Of course, the leaders were all Democrats. Maybe that's why they're still all there.  :)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/08/16/how-statues-of-robert-e-lee-and-other-confederates-got-into-the-u-s-capitol/#comments

James Clark

« Reply #5104 on: August 16, 2017, 05:46:38 pm »

If Obama wanted to help get the country past negative race relations, you don't hire Al Sharpton.  But, he had an ulterior motive.  Obama could outwardly make it seem like he was an honest broker between the races.  Meanwhile, his close relation with Sharpton was a "wink and a nod" to the black community to remind them he really was on their side.  Whites aren't stupid.  They saw through the façade.  Obama was a phony when it came to race relations.

This idea that Obama is somehow responsible for worsening the racial divide by daring to acknowledge systemic racism is seriously repugnant, Alan.  Just because Obama brought attention to the fact that black people suffer inequitably harsh penalties in the justice system for similar crimes, or the fact that a resume with the name "DeShawn" is more likely to be passed over than one with the name "Sean" despite having equal qualifications *doesn't make him responsible for worsening racial tensions.* 

I can't believe anyone even has to make that point.  Black people didn't suddenly decide to get ticked off when they had a black president just for the hell of it, Alan.  Minorities have suffered from incongruent treatment largely in silence, and when a prominent voice spoke up, they finally had a platform.  The guilty party isn't the one that gave them the voice, the guilty parties are the ones that benefit from and propagate the inequity, even if they do so unintentionally.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5105 on: August 16, 2017, 06:05:05 pm »

This idea that Obama is somehow responsible for worsening the racial divide by daring to acknowledge systemic racism is seriously repugnant, Alan.  Just because Obama brought attention to the fact that black people suffer inequitably harsh penalties in the justice system for similar crimes, or the fact that a resume with the name "DeShawn" is more likely to be passed over than one with the name "Sean" despite having equal qualifications *doesn't make him responsible for worsening racial tensions.* 

I can't believe anyone even has to make that point.  Black people didn't suddenly decide to get ticked off when they had a black president just for the hell of it, Alan.  Minorities have suffered from incongruent treatment largely in silence, and when a prominent voice spoke up, they finally had a platform.  The guilty party isn't the one that gave them the voice, the guilty parties are the ones that benefit from and propagate the inequity, even if they do so unintentionally.

You ask Trump to reject the racist KKK and racist Nazis, which he did and should.  Yet you approve or ignore Obama hiring the equivalent in racist Al Sharpton.  Obama worsened the divide by hiring Sharpton, a race baiter.  Obama was playing racial politics for power like all Democrats and leftists.  Conflict was and is good for the left and Democrats.  That's why they keep playing that game while trying to give the appearance of fairness and balance and trying to resolve racial issues.  It's all hypocritical. 

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5106 on: August 16, 2017, 06:12:49 pm »

Trump said these people are bad.  Would you like him to shoot them?  I wonder, where were you when Obama invited Al Sharpton to the White House and made him his race relations "go to" contact?  Sharpton, mainly acknowledged by most people to be an anti-Semite, a black provocateur and racist who instigated a riot in Harlem that inflamed the situation and caused white people to get killed.  And Obama made him a key advisor.
See here for his full history of anti-white racist behavior. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton#Crown_Heights_riot

What did you have to say about Obama's minister, Jeremiah Wright, who's church Obama attended for twenty years and married him.  Wright, whose comments and preaching where often anti-white and anti-American.  Eventually, Obama had to disown the minister.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright_controversy

Alan,

The questions many of us are asking ourselves here is whether there is something, anything, that Trump could do to cause you to drop that silly unconditional support of yours?

The guy just isn't fit for presidency. I never thought I'd write that, but I now really think I would be doing a better job. If that doesn't emphasize the extent to which he is reducing the aura of the function, I don't know what would.

Because... he is not just making a fool of himself again and again, he is making a fool above all of the job of president of the USA. Now, I would agree that it was largly romanticized till date, but do U really want this to continue?

Cheers,
Bernard

James Clark

« Reply #5107 on: August 16, 2017, 06:18:10 pm »

You ask Trump to reject the racist KKK and racist Nazis, which he did and should.  Yet you approve or ignore Obama hiring the equivalent in racist Al Sharpton.  Obama worsened the divide by hiring Sharpton, a race baiter.  Obama was playing racial politics for power like all Democrats and leftists.  Conflict was and is good for the left and Democrats.  That's why they keep playing that game while trying to give the appearance of fairness and balance and trying to resolve racial issues.  It's all hypocritical.

Alan, I'm no Al Sharpton fan - not at all.  However, I'm understanding of voices of frustration and anger coming from a historically marginalized people who have suffered slavery, segregation, codified discrimination and ongoing disenfranchisement.   Let's also not pretend that Donald Trump and Steve Bannon aren't making identity politics the very cornerstone of their message.  I mean, come on.  The difference is, black folks are ACTUALLY disenfranchised.  Trumpers, by and large, just... aren't.   ::) 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:23:01 pm by James Clark »

Schewe

« Reply #5108 on: August 16, 2017, 07:26:30 pm »

You ask Trump to reject the racist KKK and racist Nazis, which he did and should.  Yet you approve or ignore Obama hiring the equivalent in racist Al Sharpton.

Nice deflection, but unless you come up with a time machine and can go back in time, there's ZERO we can do about the past. Whether or not Obama did or didn't make things worse is irrelevant to dealing with what Trump has done now.

And seriously, while you may hate Sharpton, he's not in the same class as the KKK and neo-Nazis...has be ever advocated hanging whites or putting jews in ovens?

Squeal all you want but Trump screwed the pooch badly yesterday. Nobody can or should condone what has said.

Now, what's he gonna do about it?

The White House is trying to tell GOP lawmakers to say 'the president was entirely correct' about Charlottesville. The White House is trying to pass this off as the fault of #FAKENEWS and that President Trump "has been a voice for unity and calm" following the deadly protests in Charlottesville and subsequent controversy over his statements Tuesday.

President Trump "has been a voice for unity and calm"

Actually, it's now coming out that Trump tipped his hand yesterday in a way that may eventually doom him.

Trump’s Aides Tried to Conceal His Crazy, Racist Beliefs From the Country

Chief of staff John Kelly looks on as Donald Trump defends white-supremacist protesters. Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Donald Trump’s aides have been angry with him frequently — indeed, usually — since the beginning of his presidential campaign. But they have rarely registered their dismay as nakedly as they did Tuesday night, when he spontaneously altered a plan to deliver remarks on infrastructure without taking questions into a free-form defense of white supremacists. One official told NBC News that Trump had “gone rogue.” Mike Allen reports that chief economic adviser Gary Cohn is “between appalled and furious,” and that there is a danger one or more high-level officials could resign. Chief of Staff John Kelly’s disgust was registered on his face.

It is impossible to recall a presidential aide contemporaneously broadcasting his disgust with his own president.

But it is important to understand the precise nature of their distress. It is emphatically not because they are shocked to learn their boss is a racist, a fact that has been established through numerous episodes, such as Trump’s insistence a Mexican-American judge was inherently biased against him, his call for a Muslim immigration ban, his slander of Ghazala Khan, and so on. They are angry that Trump revealed beliefs they wish to keep hidden. “Members of the president’s staff, stunned and disheartened, said they never expected to hear such a voluble articulation of opinions that the president had long expressed in private,” reports the New York Times.

So, how can America deal with having a racist president? How can he possibly govern? How can you support a racist?

Schewe

« Reply #5109 on: August 16, 2017, 07:40:56 pm »

The disbanding of the Trump administration is already happening...

What led 2 White House economic councils to abruptly disband

Fallout from President Donald Trump's response to the Charlottesville, Virginia, violence Wednesday cost the White House two key economic advisory councils made up of the nation's top CEOs and business leaders.

Trump announced via Twitter that he was ending both the American Manufacturing Council and the Strategic and Policy Forum, rather than “put pressure” on the leaders involved in both councils.

Donald J. Trump  ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!
12:14 PM - Aug 16, 2017
 54,279 54,279 Replies    15,245 15,245 Retweets    58,505 58,505 likes

The development deals a major blow to the president's signature initiatives to create jobs, and to his claim of harnessing the best and brightest of America's business leaders to get it done.

Just 24 hours earlier, as more business leaders stepped down from Trump’s manufacturing council, the president remained bullish and said he had many candidates to replace those who had left.

Donald J. Trump  ✔ @realDonaldTrump
For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!
10:21 AM - Aug 15, 2017
 65,710 65,710 Replies    24,389 24,389 Retweets    104,524 104,524 likes

But, on a conference call convened shortly after 11:30 a.m. ET, members of the president's Strategic and Policy Forum -- formed in December 2016 and loosely known as the "CEO council" -- agreed to disband amidst growing concerns following Trump's statements on Charlottesville in recent days, sources familiar with the call told ABC News.

News of the move broke publicly around 12:50 pm ET. A source close to the forum said the panel had informed the White House of its decision to disband before 1 p.m. ET.

Following Trump's press conference Tuesday, all the CEOs on the forum were invited to a mandatory phone call Tuesday night to discuss the panel’s future, and the discussion led to many wanting to quit, according to sources familiar with the call. The group unanimously voted to end the panel then.

The panel, chaired by Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman, released a statement around 1.40 p.m. ET Wednesday on its decision.

“As our members have expressed individually over the past several days, intolerance, racism and violence have absolutely no place in this country and are an affront to core American values,” the statement read.

What's next?

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5110 on: August 16, 2017, 08:33:30 pm »

Still better than Hillary's fat thighs and big butt.

Excellent, Alan.  You've finally revealed the true you.

Farmer

« Reply #5111 on: August 16, 2017, 08:58:39 pm »

Excellent, Alan.  You've finally revealed the true you.

Yes, I imagine that if Hillary had been more "gropable", she'd have received more votes from Trumpeters and the like.
Phil Brown

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5112 on: August 16, 2017, 09:31:10 pm »

--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5113 on: August 16, 2017, 09:34:35 pm »

Regarding the statue issue, it turns out that there are eight statues of Confederate leaders installed in the U.S. Capitol where Congress meets.  Of course, the leaders were all Democrats. Maybe that's why they're still all there.  :)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/08/16/how-statues-of-robert-e-lee-and-other-confederates-got-into-the-u-s-capitol/#comments

I personally don't care much about statues one way or the other but I came across this: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/16/regime-change-in-charlottesville-215500.
--
Robert

marvpelkey

« Reply #5114 on: August 16, 2017, 09:49:48 pm »

Looking from the outside (Canada) in, I wonder why Congress often seems to continue to support the President, even in the face of such controversies as is currently occurring, and especially as it relates to Congress continuing on with it's business.

It's as if they (not all but many) are afraid to speak up and anger him because of how the soured relationship may be bad for business. Why can't Congress just carry on and enact legislation that is in line with their priorities and why do they need the President, to be able to do so. I understand that the President has veto power but do they expect, that if they p***ed him off, he would routinely veto everything just to get back at them, in spite of how good that legislation may be.

I get that the Vice President has to be a lap-dog but why Congress??

(sorry if this posts twice - I got a warning that while I was typing a new reply was posted and I may wish to review my post - so I hit "Post" a second time)

Regards,

Marv

scyth

« Reply #5115 on: August 16, 2017, 09:56:23 pm »

So, how can America deal with having a racist president? How can he possibly govern? How can you support a racist?

you have no issues with slave owning "founding fathers" who did not bother about women's rights... so you will carry on.

Farmer

« Reply #5116 on: August 16, 2017, 10:02:28 pm »

you have no issues with slave owning "founding fathers" who did not bother about women's rights... so you will carry on.

Pretty sure Schewe and lots of Americans do have issues there in a modern context.
Phil Brown

Schewe

« Reply #5117 on: August 16, 2017, 10:18:59 pm »

If George Washington said what Trump said yesterday I would have a problem with that.

In point of fact of 9 US presidents that owned slaves, Washington was the only one that free his slaves upon his death. Pretty remarkable for his times...

scyth

« Reply #5118 on: August 16, 2017, 10:31:08 pm »

Pretty sure Schewe and lots of Americans do have issues there in a modern context.

sure, he probably still shops @ B&H = https://www.dpreview.com/news/3113418569/b-h-photo-will-pay-3-2-million-to-settle-federal-discrimination-case

scyth

« Reply #5119 on: August 16, 2017, 10:32:25 pm »

If George Washington said what Trump said yesterday I would have a problem with that.
why single out GW ? there plenty of others whose memory shall be dealt with like w/ those statues...

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 331   Go Up