Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918043 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #3520 on: June 12, 2017, 04:07:48 pm »

They are hoping he can transfer his personal business experience to help all of America.

Which business experience would that be?

DONALD TRUMP'S MANY BUSINESS FAILURES, EXPLAINED

Lost contracts, bankruptcies, defaults, deceptions and indifference to investors—Trump’s business career is a long, long list of such troubles, according to regulatory, corporate and court records, as well as sworn testimony and government investigative reports. Call it the art of the bad deal, one created by the arrogance and recklessness of a businessman whose main talent is self-promotion.

He is also pretty good at self-deception, and plain old deception. Trump is willing to claim success even when it is not there, according to his own statements. “I’m just telling you, you wouldn’t say that you're failing,” he said in a 2007 deposition when asked to explain why he would give an upbeat assessment of his business even if it was in trouble. “If somebody said, ‘How you doing?’ you're going to say you're doing good.” Perhaps such dissembling is fine in polite cocktail party conversation, but in the business world it’s called lying.

And while Trump is quick to boast that his purported billions prove his business acumen, his net worth is almost unknowable given the loose standards and numerous outright misrepresentations he has made over the years. In that 2007 deposition, Trump said he based estimates of his net worth at times on “psychology” and “my own feelings.” But those feelings are often wrong—in 2004, he presented unaudited financials to Deutsche Bank while seeking a loan, claiming he was worth $3.5 billion. The bank concluded Trump was, to say the least, puffing; it put his net worth at $788 million, records show. (Trump personally guaranteed $40 million of the loan to his company, so Deutsche coughed up the money. He later defaulted on that commitment.)

Trump’s many misrepresentations of his successes and his failures matter—a lot. As a man who has never held so much as a city council seat, there is little voters can examine to determine if he is competent to hold office. He has no voting record and presents few details about specific policies. Instead, he sells himself as qualified to run the country because he is a businessman who knows how to get things done, and his financial dealings are the only part of his background available to assess his competence to lead the country. And while Trump has had a few successes in business, most of his ventures have been disasters.

See, this is the problem with somebody who is a pathological liar, huckster and outright fraud. If you believe even a fraction of his lies you may think Trump MUST be really successful? Claimed he was worth $3.5 billion, the bank put his net worth at $788 million. Well, you might say, wow, he's worth $788 million so he's really wealthy...yes, but not REALLY wealthy...he claimed to be a billionaire but is only a millionaire. Does that make a difference? It would if you were going to do business with him don't ya think? It would matter a lot.

Assume most everything Trumps says is a lie (Politifact put his lies at about 69% during the campaign). You simply can't know the truth about what he says and why he does what he does. If he says he's for the little guy, ya gotta figure that's not true (or at least 70% false). When you here him say "trust me", don't.

Now imagine you are an ally of America, can you trust what Trump says? Nope...

What about America's enemies, can you believe what Trump says? Nope...

So, pardon me if I assume 70% of what comes out of his foul orange mouth is a lie...the odds are in my favor, sad!

Schewe

« Reply #3521 on: June 12, 2017, 04:11:58 pm »

Trump and his Russian Problem becomes a useful ad campaign (might not get too many Trump voters though).

SMIRNOFF TAKES SWIPE AT DONALD TRUMP, OFFERING RUSSIA TESTIMONY IN BILLBOARD

Renowned vodka maker Smirnoff appeared to take a cheeky swipe at U.S. President Donald Trump and the Russia scandal that has enveloped his campaign and administration.

An ad featuring the brand poked fun at the special counsel’s investigation into the Trump campaign team’s contact with the Russian establishment, over which former FBI Director James Comey testified on Thursday.

“Made in America,” declares a new Smirnoff billboard spotted by U.S.-based social media users, with a picture of a bottle of Smirnoff behind what appears to be a Moscow mule cocktail. "But we'd be happy to talk about our ties to Russia under oath," the ad states.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Schewe

« Reply #3522 on: June 12, 2017, 06:13:53 pm »

In case you are curious...

Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval

For June 11, 2017 Trump's Daily Job Approval really sucks...

59% DISAPPROVE                    36% APPROVE

(I guess the other 5% didn't wanna talk about it)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3523 on: June 12, 2017, 07:10:55 pm »

Another U.S. appeals court rules against Trump's revised travel ban
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-ruling-court-idUSKBN19321K

"A second U.S. appeals court on Monday ruled against President Donald Trump's temporary travel ban on people entering the United States from six Muslim-majority countries, largely upholding a lower court's decision.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco was reviewed a March ruling by a Hawaii-based federal judge that blocked parts of Trump's order. The ruling came after a separate court, the Richmond, Virginia-based 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, on May 25 upheld a Maryland judge's ruling blocking parts of the order.

The Trump administration on June 1 asked the U.S. Supreme Court to block the Hawaii and Richmond rulings and revive the ban.

Hawaii federal Judge Derrick Watson blocked a March 6 executive order barring travelers from Libya, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days while the government put in place stricter visa screening. Watson also blocked a directive that suspended entry of refugee applicants for 120 days, as well as other instructions for the government to study tougher vetting procedures.

The 9th Circuit on Monday upheld the block on Trump's travel ban and a cap on refugees. However, the appeals court vacated part of the injunction in order to allow the government to conduct internal reviews on vetting."

The Appeals Court only affirmed part of the lower court's decision.  The court reversed the lower court judges establishment ruling part based on religion and applied a statutory reason relating to congressional rules regarding immigration.  In effect the appeals court threw out that it was a religious test, which was one of the major concerns of many people. 

It also overruled the lower court that prevented Trump from proceeding with a study of the vetting process for 90 days.  So now, they can proceed with that.   

If the 90 days ends before the Supreme Court hears the case, most likely considering how slow things move, the whole executive order and issue would become moot.  The 90 days would be over and a new vetting procedure put in place before the Supreme Court would hear the case.  Of course, people could challenge whatever new vetting rules the government put in place.  But that would become a new issue and lawsuit. Both sides will declare victory. 

Now the other Appeals Court did rule on religion, I believe.  But if the vetting research portion is over, I would guess that the whole issue would become moot there as well.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3524 on: June 12, 2017, 07:29:55 pm »

I don't want the job but if I did I would put my company and assets in a blind trust which is what other presidents have done and something Trump promised to do a could of years ago (I think it was about the time that Romney was running). But Trump has said a LOT of things which are proven to be untrue like he said he would release his tax returns and Obama was born in Kenya...
  Blind trusts aren't required by the constitution. But even with that, the people opposed to him want him to sell everything.  Blind trusts aren't enough they say.  So a person has to sell all of his companies before running for president.  If he loses, he's not only out of a job as president, he doesn't even have his businesses to go back too.  There's got to be a better way. Look, nobody wants the president, any president,  to get kickbacks or decide important matters based on bribes from foreign states.  That's obvious.   If you could just look at this generally rather than focusing on Trump, don't you agree that procedure would just stop a huge section of qualified people from running for president?   I think that's an unfortunate situate for us.  We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot and denying the rights of citizens to be president just because they're successful in business.

Well, we can argue all day about this.  We'll see what the courts determine.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3525 on: June 12, 2017, 08:15:03 pm »

The Appeals Court only affirmed part of the lower court's decision.  The court reversed the lower court judges establishment ruling part based on religion and applied a statutory reason relating to congressional rules regarding immigration.  In effect the appeals court threw out that it was a religious test, which was one of the major concerns of many people. 

It also overruled the lower court that prevented Trump from proceeding with a study of the vetting process for 90 days.  So now, they can proceed with that.   

If the 90 days ends before the Supreme Court hears the case, most likely considering how slow things move, the whole executive order and issue would become moot.  The 90 days would be over and a new vetting procedure put in place before the Supreme Court would hear the case.  Of course, people could challenge whatever new vetting rules the government put in place.  But that would become a new issue and lawsuit. Both sides will declare victory. 

Now the other Appeals Court did rule on religion, I believe.  But if the vetting research portion is over, I would guess that the whole issue would become moot there as well.
There was another important point that I was concerned with that I wrote on in past posts.  That is that he Appeals Court did not use what Trump said as any basis for their ruling.  Had they done that, it would have put a chill on free speech and open debate not only by the President, but by any Senator, Congressman or other government official. Everyone should have the right to discuss things.  Even things that may appear to be unconstitutional if made into law. But, their ruling fortunately was based on just how the Executive Order was written.  That's more constitutional than the ruling by the other Appeals Courts that applied words used in the debate before the Order was written to make their ruling.  That would be terrible for our freedoms if upheld. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3526 on: June 12, 2017, 08:33:55 pm »

A friend of President Trump said Monday that Trump is considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the FBI investigation into potential ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.
“I think he’s considering perhaps terminating the special counsel,” Chris Ruddy told PBS’ Judy Woodruff on “PBS NewsHour.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/337509-trump-considering-firing-special-counsel-mueller

“I can only imagine this is part of the effort to tear down Robert Mueller,” Schiff told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews on Monday night.
“You can’t exclude the possibility [of Mueller’s dismissal],” he continued, “but I think it’s just a way of raising doubts about this man who's well respected on both sides of the aisle.”
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:19:46 pm by LesPalenik »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3527 on: June 12, 2017, 09:29:47 pm »

Nearly two dozen national monuments will face a federal review period following an executive order by President Trump.
The Department of the Interior, under new Trump appointee Secretary Ryan Zinke, released the names of 27 monuments Friday that it will put under a review, including a public comment period that will run for 60 days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/06/27-national-monuments-under-interior-dept-review/312108001/

How will that make America great?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3528 on: June 12, 2017, 10:14:36 pm »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/337509-trump-considering-firing-special-counsel-mueller
A friend of President Trump said Monday that Trump is considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the FBI investigation into potential ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.
“I think he’s considering perhaps terminating the special counsel,” Chris Ruddy told PBS’ Judy Woodruff on “PBS NewsHour.”

“I can only imagine this is part of the effort to tear down Robert Mueller,” Schiff told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews on Monday night.
“You can’t exclude the possibility [of Mueller’s dismissal],” he continued, “but I think it’s just a way of raising doubts about this man who's well respected on both sides of the aisle.”

Mueller and Comey are good friends who supported each other in a serious issue back during the Bush administration  So that raises an problem.  How can the chief investigator be neutral or have an appearance of neutrality when his friend is one of the two participants of his investigation regarding obstruction of justice and accusations of who is lying?  Of course Schiff, a Democrat and a major opponent of Trump, is going to defend Mueller.  If they're going to do this special investigation with fairness, Mueller should be replaced with someone who hasn't had a relationship with the parties.  Or Trump should just fire Mueller.  Let Congress do the investigation.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3529 on: June 12, 2017, 10:24:33 pm »

Nearly two dozen national monuments will face a federal review period following an executive order by President Trump.
The Department of the Interior, under new Trump appointee Secretary Ryan Zinke, released the names of 27 monuments Friday that it will put under a review, including a public comment period that will run for 60 days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/06/27-national-monuments-under-interior-dept-review/312108001/

How will that make America great?
It will make America great by allowing a democratic process occur when citizens who live near the Monument have something to say about whether it should be a Monument.  The President is not a King making unilateral decisions.  We're not a dictatorship. 

If the people feel that the Monument is a good idea, then Congress should approve it and the President can sign it into law.  Otherwise, it should revert to it's non Monument status.  The original antiquities law was intended for emergency situations to cover small areas and for a limited time.  Now it's grown into huge areas forever.  Frankly, the Antiquities law should be ended.  It's not necessary.  Let Congress representing the people decide.

That's how a democracy is suppose to work and what makes America great.  We're not Russia. 

Farmer

« Reply #3530 on: June 12, 2017, 10:26:46 pm »

hahaha - let Congress investigate? 

Hahahaha.

Phil Brown

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3531 on: June 12, 2017, 10:44:15 pm »

hahaha - let Congress investigate? 

Hahahaha.

Why do you laugh at our legislature?  Do I laugh at yours?    I'm sure yours is as political as mine.  But legislatures eventually respond to the desires of the people because the legislators want to get elected or re-elected.  That's how a democracy works.  I'm sure yours does as well too. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3532 on: June 12, 2017, 11:33:41 pm »

Dennis Rodman, friend of both Trump and Kim Jong Un, returns to North Korea.  Very interesting.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/hfr-dennis-rodman-north-korea/index.html

Schewe

« Reply #3533 on: June 13, 2017, 12:25:55 am »

It will make America great by allowing a democratic process occur when citizens who live near the Monument have something to say about whether it should be a Monument.  The President is not a King making unilateral decisions.  We're not a dictatorship.

It would be useful if you knew a bit more about the process in Utah than simply parroting the Utah GOP line. There has been 80 years of discussion and input about Bears Ears National Monument.

This is what some of the local citizens have to say about the work and effort. Oh, btw this is from indigenous newspaper/blog so I have no idea if it's democratic or republican but it is about the native lands by the natives...

Obama Designates Gold Butte and Bear Ears as National Monuments

In addition to protecting this sacred landscape and the region’s wildlife habitat and natural resources, today’s action establishes a Bears Ears Commission to ensure that management decisions reflect tribal expertise as well as traditional and historical knowledge. In recognition of the importance of tribal participation to the care and management of the monument, the Departments of Interior and Agriculture will engage with the Commission, which will help to inform management decisions by sharing traditional knowledge and providing recommendations.

There have been over 80 years of various efforts to protect the Bears Ears region, beginning with former Secretary of the Interior Harold Ickes in 1936 and by Members of Congress, state, local and tribal leaders, and conservation groups in recent decades. Most recently the Hopi Nation, Navajo Nation, Ute Mountain Ute Tribe, Ute Indian Tribe of the Uintah Ouray, and Zuni Tribe developed a proposal to protect the area, and U.S. Representatives Rob Bishop and Jason Chaffetz introduced the Public Lands Initiative, legislation that included a similar protection proposal for the Bears Ears landscape. Today’s action responds to both of these recent proposals, recognizing the areas where there is broad agreement about the need for protections, tribal engagement, and allowances for historical uses such as grazing. Today’s action also establishes a process for developing a management plan that will ensure robust opportunities for all interested stakeholders to provide input about how the monument should be managed.

What YOU aren't telling people is that the people who are most strenuously complaining are extraction companies and their minions who don't want to have to deal with the monument commission and the department of the interior. But all current oil & gas and mining leases are grandfathered in. And exploration isn't banned, it must just go under greater scrutiny.

As for the locals, the real locals not just the the local politicians have some optimism supporting the monument:

Shaun Chapoose, chairman of the Ute Business Committee: "President Obama has demonstrated today that our Native American heritage cannot be ignored. This national monument is the right solution at the right time, and we are pleased that the President has taken this step to ensure Bears Ears will remain in as pristine a condition as possible for generations to come.

"Our history and our future — our Ute identity — is inextricably tied to this place. The Bear Ears scared landscape sustains our way of life and our cultural practices. The President's National Monument designation protects not only traditional activities like collecting medicine and performing ceremonies, it protects this land from looting, indiscriminate off-road use and destructive mineral development."

Eric Descheenie, former co-chair of the Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition and newly elected member of Arizona's House of Representatives: "It actually brought tears to my face. ... It's so significant. It's so hard to even try to add up what this really means. At the end of the day, there's only a certain place in this entire world, on earth, where we as indigenous peoples belong. And to be able to secure that, you can't put any money value on it."

Mark Maryboy, former San Juan County commissioner and retired Navajo Nation councilman: "This monument is for everybody. It belongs to everybody. Its land will be protected for our generation, and many more generations to come."

Carleton Bowekaty, Zuni councilman and Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition co-chair: "Today's announcement honors and elevates the voices of the Tribes," said "Thirty sovereign Tribal Nations passed resolutions in support of monument protection at Bears Ears, as did the National Congress of American Indians. Support for this monument has been overwhelming in Indian Country, and we thank President Obama for hearing our call for permanent protection of this living cultural landscape."

Cynthia Ann Kent, Chairwoman of the Native American International Caucus of the United Methodist Church: "The new National Monument is a victory for tribal leadership in preserving our heritage. How can you rebuild history, culture and tradition, when it is gone? By not taking care of this site, we lose our way of live and will only see it in pictures. Is that what we want to leave to the next generation, just pictures?"

David Filfred, Navajo Nation Council Delegate representing Aneth, Teec Nos Pos, Red Mesa and Mexican Water Chapters in Utah: "We are grateful for President Obama's brave action today," said David Filfred, Navajo Nation Council Delegate representing Aneth, Teec Nos Pos, Red Mesa and Mexican Water Chapters in Utah. "For the first time in history, a president has used the Antiquities Act to honor the request of Tribal Nations to protect our sacred sites. In doing so, he has given the opportunity for all Americans to come together and heal."

Alfred Lomahquahu, Vice Chairman of Hopi Tribe and Co-Chair of the Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition: "As a coalition of five sovereign Native American Tribes in the region, we are confident that today's announcement of collaborative management will protect a cultural landscape that we have known since time immemorial. Our connection with this land is deeply tied to our identities, traditional knowledge, histories, and cultures. We look forward to working with the current and future administrations to fully and properly administer these lands for all to enjoy."

Notice a trend here? Yes, the real locals have been asking for protection for a long time and it was held up in partisan politics that had stalemated the legislation needed yo do this in Congress...and guess why? Because the Republicans on Congress while Obama was President didn't want to do anything that might possibly be a good idea that could work across party lines...Those same Utah GOP Representatives that are spearheading the attempts and overturning Bears Ears are the ones who kept any Congressional effort to get done under Obama because the GOP turned into the Party of No which ironically ill prepared them to actually govern and pass laws while the GOP heals the House, Senate AND Presidency...

So, this is what the GOP is trying to do, undo everything Obama did? That's their reason for living?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3534 on: June 13, 2017, 12:30:42 am »

Dennis Rodman, friend of both Trump and Kim Jong Un, returns to North Korea.  Very interesting.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/hfr-dennis-rodman-north-korea/index.html

You can say that again! "A friend of Trump and Kim Jong Un" - that would make anybody a person of interest. Just don't mention it in your resume.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:41:53 am by LesPalenik »

Farmer

« Reply #3535 on: June 13, 2017, 12:38:09 am »

Why do you laugh at our legislature?  Do I laugh at yours?    I'm sure yours is as political as mine.  But legislatures eventually respond to the desires of the people because the legislators want to get elected or re-elected.  That's how a democracy works.  I'm sure yours does as well too.

I'm laughing at the idea that they should be investigating in place of an FBI special investigator.  I'd laugh at ours the moment they tried to do the same, too.
Phil Brown

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3536 on: June 13, 2017, 12:41:45 am »

It would be useful if you knew a bit more about the process in Utah than simply parroting the Utah GOP line. There has been 80 years of discussion and input about Bears Ears National Monument.

This is what some of the local citizens have to say about the work and effort. Oh, btw this is from indigenous newspaper/blog so I have no idea if it's democratic or republican but it is about the native lands by the natives...

Obama Designates Gold Butte and Bear Ears as National Monuments

What YOU aren't telling people is that the people who are most strenuously complaining are extraction companies and their minions who don't want to have to deal with the monument commission and the department of the interior. But all current oil & gas and mining leases are grandfathered in. And exploration isn't banned, it must just go under greater scrutiny.

As for the locals, the real locals not just the the local politicians have some optimism supporting the monument:

Shaun Chapoose, chairman of the Ute Business Committee: "President Obama has demonstrated today that our Native American heritage cannot be ignored. This national monument is the right solution at the right time, and we are pleased that the President has taken this step to ensure Bears Ears will remain in as pristine a condition as possible for generations to come.

"Our history and our future — our Ute identity — is inextricably tied to this place. The Bear Ears scared landscape sustains our way of life and our cultural practices. The President's National Monument designation protects not only traditional activities like collecting medicine and performing ceremonies, it protects this land from looting, indiscriminate off-road use and destructive mineral development."

Eric Descheenie, former co-chair of the Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition and newly elected member of Arizona's House of Representatives: "It actually brought tears to my face. ... It's so significant. It's so hard to even try to add up what this really means. At the end of the day, there's only a certain place in this entire world, on earth, where we as indigenous peoples belong. And to be able to secure that, you can't put any money value on it."

Mark Maryboy, former San Juan County commissioner and retired Navajo Nation councilman: "This monument is for everybody. It belongs to everybody. Its land will be protected for our generation, and many more generations to come."

Carleton Bowekaty, Zuni councilman and Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition co-chair: "Today's announcement honors and elevates the voices of the Tribes," said "Thirty sovereign Tribal Nations passed resolutions in support of monument protection at Bears Ears, as did the National Congress of American Indians. Support for this monument has been overwhelming in Indian Country, and we thank President Obama for hearing our call for permanent protection of this living cultural landscape."

Cynthia Ann Kent, Chairwoman of the Native American International Caucus of the United Methodist Church: "The new National Monument is a victory for tribal leadership in preserving our heritage. How can you rebuild history, culture and tradition, when it is gone? By not taking care of this site, we lose our way of live and will only see it in pictures. Is that what we want to leave to the next generation, just pictures?"

David Filfred, Navajo Nation Council Delegate representing Aneth, Teec Nos Pos, Red Mesa and Mexican Water Chapters in Utah: "We are grateful for President Obama's brave action today," said David Filfred, Navajo Nation Council Delegate representing Aneth, Teec Nos Pos, Red Mesa and Mexican Water Chapters in Utah. "For the first time in history, a president has used the Antiquities Act to honor the request of Tribal Nations to protect our sacred sites. In doing so, he has given the opportunity for all Americans to come together and heal."

Alfred Lomahquahu, Vice Chairman of Hopi Tribe and Co-Chair of the Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition: "As a coalition of five sovereign Native American Tribes in the region, we are confident that today's announcement of collaborative management will protect a cultural landscape that we have known since time immemorial. Our connection with this land is deeply tied to our identities, traditional knowledge, histories, and cultures. We look forward to working with the current and future administrations to fully and properly administer these lands for all to enjoy."

Notice a trend here? Yes, the real locals have been asking for protection for a long time and it was held up in partisan politics that had stalemated the legislation needed yo do this in Congress...and guess why? Because the Republicans on Congress while Obama was President didn't want to do anything that might possibly be a good idea that could work across party lines...Those same Utah GOP Representatives that are spearheading the attempts and overturning Bears Ears are the ones who kept any Congressional effort to get done under Obama because the GOP turned into the Party of No which ironically ill prepared them to actually govern and pass laws while the GOP heals the House, Senate AND Presidency...

So, this is what the GOP is trying to do, undo everything Obama did? That's their reason for living?
If all those people want the Monument, then they should have no problem getting Congress to approve it.  That would be great.   But it will be approved by a majority of the 535 members of Congress who constitutionally represent the people, and not by one unilateral vote of some president who thinks he runs the show. 

What if a president ruled that all photography at all monuments will stop because the photographers are stamping out the life forms there.  How would you feel that the Congressional Representative and Senators that represent you did not get to vote on that decision?

Schewe

« Reply #3537 on: June 13, 2017, 01:11:24 am »

If all those people want the Monument, then they should have no problem getting Congress to approve it.  That would be great.   But it will be approved by a majority of the 535 members of Congress who constitutionally represent the people, and not by one unilateral vote of some president who thinks he runs the show. 

Obama did it at the behest of a broad coalition os concerned citizens many who are indigenous BECAUSE the Congress couldn't do it before...The Utah GOP was "close" but couldn't pull the trigger because they couldn't get enough indigenous support.

Ironically, it looks like Bears Ears is going to survive with perhaps a reduced footprint.

Trump Administration Wants To Shrink Bears Ears National Monument

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is recommending that the boundaries of the Bears Ears National Monument in Utah be shrunk. He also is calling on Congress to give Native American tribes more say in how the new monument is managed.

Zinke's recommendation to President Trump, announced Monday, is preliminary. But it signals that the administration does not plan to completely rescind President Obama's creation of the Bears Ears monument late last year in a proclamation. The preliminary report is the first step of a larger review of more than two dozen national monuments that protect U.S. public lands, mostly in the West.

The former Montana congressman's decision was awaited as an early test of how the administration will treat public lands issues, in this case balancing the interests of Native Americans, who consider Bears Ears sacred land, and other locals who oppose tough restrictions on other activities.

So, it seems the carrot Zinke is extending is more direct indigenous control...we'll see if that is enough.

Schewe

« Reply #3538 on: June 13, 2017, 01:24:38 am »

That is that he Appeals Court did not use what Trump said as any basis for their ruling.  Had they done that, it would have put a chill on free speech and open debate not only by the President, but by any Senator, Congressman or other government official.

Hum, I guess you didn't read the fine print huh?

Trump’s Own Tweets Help Kill His Government’s Travel Ban, Again

As a number of legal experts warned, Donald Trump's tweets about his "travel ban" helped convince an appeals court to block the controversial plan. It's the second time his own comments have helped the courts knock down the executive order.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals issued a decision on Monday, ruling that Trump's attempt to block immigration from six predominantly Muslim countries "exceeded the scope of the authority delegated to him by Congress."

In their ruling, the judges cited a tweet from the president that was posted after the recent terrorist attack in London, in which Trump argued that the U.S. needed a travel ban "for certain dangerous countries."

The Trump tweet was cited in a footnote in the decision, at a point where the court questioned the justification for the ban.

So, sorry...Trump STILL stepped on his own message by sticking his Tweets in his mouth (instead of his foot).

(they even noted that Sean Spicy Trump's tweets are "official statements")

Schewe

« Reply #3539 on: June 13, 2017, 02:14:06 am »

I was watching this live and I couldn't believe it...I had to back it up and watch it several times. It was just so weird and creepy...

Trump Invites His Employees To Praise Him During Cabinet Meeting

President Donald Trump invited his top employees to shower him with compliments on Monday. They happily obliged, one-by-one, on live television.

During a Cabinet meeting at the White House, the president touted the “record-setting pace” of his legislative agenda and claimed “never has there been a president, with few exceptions” who has accomplished more while in office. (HORSESHYTE WARNING)

Trump then went around the table and called on each official to deliver brief remarks, beginning with Vice President Mike Pence. The bizarre scene that ensued resembled something out of North Korea, as each Cabinet official attempted to outdo one another with nice statements about their boss.

“It’s the greatest privilege of my life to serve as vice president to a president who is keeping his word to the American people, and assembling a team that’s bringing real change, real prosperity, real strength back to our nation,” Pence said.

BIG TIME ICKY!!!

But the worse butt kissing was by Reince Priebus:

White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, who appears to be under constant threat of losing his job, thanked the president for “the opportunity and blessing to serve your agenda.”

Pompeo got the biggest laughs...

CIA Director Mike Pompeo, however, took a pass by taking a shot at the president’s favorite punching bag: the press.

“In the finest tradition of the CIA, I’m not gonna say a damn thing in front of the media,” he said, garnering a round of laughter.

The best meme of butt kissing parody had to be Chuck Schumer‏'s tweet

Butt wait, there's more. CNN just posted a quote by quote breakdown of the Cabinet members...

Donald Trump's Cabinet members, ranked by their over-the-top praise of Trump

(CNN)President Donald Trump held a super weird Cabinet meeting Monday afternoon. In it, he sat silently as each member of his Cabinet lavished praise on him. Seriously.

I wrote about the whole thing here. But -- with the help of super intern Liz Stark, who graduated college Saturday and was at work Monday morning(!) -- I went through the transcript and ranked the Cabinet members by just how obsequious their encomiums to Trump actually were.

Before we go any further, an important note: The people on this list are those who required Senate confirmation plus Vice President Mike Pence. So, no White House chief of staff Reince Priebus who deserves honorable mention for this gem: "We thank you for the opportunity and the blessing that you've given us to serve your agenda and the American people."

To the rankings!

Spoiler alert! It was Pence who won with this full quote:

1. Vice President Mike Pence

"It is just the greatest privilege of my life is to serve as the -- as vice president to the President who's keeping his word to the American people and assembling a team that's bringing real change, real prosperity, real strength back to our nation."
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 331   Go Up