Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918216 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #3360 on: June 08, 2017, 03:29:34 am »

Well, something not having to do with Flynn or Comey or Russia (but it does include the Trumpster)

Democrats to sue Trump over conflicts of interest

Dozens of House and Senate Democrats plan to sue President Donald Trump in the coming weeks, claiming he is breaking the law by refusing to relinquish ownership of his sprawling real-estate empire while it continues to profit from business with foreign governments.

The lawsuit follows months of threats from Democratic lawmakers that Trump, by refusing to sell off his companies or place them in a blind trust, is in ongoing violation of the Constitution’s emoluments clause — which prohibits the president from accepting gifts or payments from foreign governments — and might face consequences.

“We’ll be suing to stop his violations of the emoluments clause,” senior House Judiciary member Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) confirmed in an interview. The lawsuit won’t be filed until next week at the earliest but dozens of Democrats on both sides of the Capitol have already signed on in support, Nadler said.

The legal case is just the latest volley in an ongoing war between the White House and lawmakers — mostly Democrats — over potential conflicts of interests related to the Trump corporation’s overseas business deals and foreign governments looking to curry favor with the administration.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3361 on: June 08, 2017, 04:27:29 am »

Time for a chuckle : From here
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3362 on: June 08, 2017, 07:21:17 am »

The people who voted for Trump knew they would be getting a disrupter, a critic of business-as-usual and an enemy of political correctness. Many also realized they were electing a bully and a braggart. But they may not have known what they were getting above all else: an incompetent.

I can agree with that.

Trump's incompetence is self-perpetuating. A clueless executive is forced to rely on aides who are mediocre — or worse — because better people are repelled. Vacant jobs and poor staff work, aggravated by bad management, lead to more failure, which makes it even harder to attract strong hires — and easier for opponents to get their way

And that.

That's why I said that those who resigned in protest, or refused appointments, are not just hurting Trump, but the nation.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3363 on: June 08, 2017, 12:52:36 pm »

That's an odd way to look at it. I'd have thought that it was Trump who was harming the nation.
--
Robert

jeremyrh

« Reply #3364 on: June 08, 2017, 01:35:46 pm »

Schewe

« Reply #3365 on: June 08, 2017, 04:39:04 pm »

So, now there's scientific evidence that Trump is hazardous to your health!

Could the Stress of a Trump Presidency Make Americans Sick?

Donald Trump’s presidency could make Americans sicker — and not just from the stress of his polarizing politics, a pair of Harvard experts argued Wednesday. His administration’s proposed cuts to health and well-being programs could also hurt the population's health, if history is anything to go by, they said.

The bad effects could last well into the next generation, because some of the most strongly documented fallout hits pregnant women, whose babies go on to suffer lifetime consequences when mothers suffer physical and psychological stress, the two experts said.

Their commentary, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, points to study after study documenting health effects that occur after landmark elections. “We have enough evidence to say this is a cautionary tale,” David Williams, a Harvard expert on social influences on health, told NBC News. Many studies have shown stress levels on the rise since Trump’s election, both among his opponents and supporters.

“Events came together to create an unprecedented moment with the levels of hostility being reported,” Williams said.

“I do think we are in a moment of stress.”

#Don'tWorryBeHappy

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3366 on: June 08, 2017, 05:31:11 pm »

So, now there's scientific evidence that Trump is hazardous to your health!

Could the Stress of a Trump Presidency Make Americans Sick?

#Don'tWorryBeHappy
Only from Harvard professors could such silliness emerge.  I wonder how much the taxpayers paid for their research?  Maybe we should become a dictatorship and eliminate voting totally so everyone could be healthier by avoiding the stressful campaign and decision making processes of an democratic election.

Schewe

« Reply #3367 on: June 08, 2017, 06:07:01 pm »

Only from Harvard professors could such silliness emerge.  I wonder how much the taxpayers paid for their research?  Maybe we should become a dictatorship and eliminate voting totally so everyone could be healthier by avoiding the stressful campaign and decision making processes of an democratic election.

So, are Harvard "professors" (actually they're Ph.D., M.P.H. & M.D., M.Div.) #FakeDoctors?

Did you even bother to click on the url and see what they're talking about?

A small but growing body of evidence suggests that election campaigns can have both positive and negative effects on health. Campaigns that give voice to the disenfranchised have been shown to have positive but short-term effects on health. Such associations have been observed among black South Africans at the time of Nelson Mandela’s 1994 election, among black Americans during Jesse Jackson’s 1988 presidential campaign, and among Hispanic and black Americans when Barack Obama was nominated for President in 2008. Thus, increases in psychological well-being, pride, and hope for the future are likely to be evident among Donald Trump supporters.

At the same time, events linked to the recent presidential campaign and election have given rise to fear and anxiety in many Americans. Research suggests that these events can have negative health effects on people who have been direct targets of what they perceive as hostility or discrimination and on individuals and communities who feel vulnerable because they belong to a stigmatized, marginalized, or targeted group. It is worth exploring the scientific research in this area and considering its implications for health care providers.

So, what, are you against medical/scientific research in general or only such research done at Harvard?

Pardon me if I don't think people with small minds should be in charge of research in medicine and science. Maybe it's best to leave that to people with Ph.D. and/or M.D. after their names.

Schewe

« Reply #3368 on: June 08, 2017, 06:47:20 pm »

So, who do YOU believe?

WHITE HOUSE: Trump is 'not a liar'

President Donald Trump's deputy press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, told reporters at an off-camera press briefing on Thursday that Trump is "not a liar."

"I can definitively say the president is not a liar and I think it's frankly insulting that question would be asked," Sanders said, according to CNN.

Or...

Comey: White House Lied ‘Plain and Simple’ About Firing

WASHINGTON — Fired FBI Director James Comey testified Thursday that he was "confused" and "concerned" when President Donald Trump told the public he was firing him for undermining the morale of the agency he had led since 2013.

"Those were lies, plain and simple," Comey said.

The Trump administration, he said, "chose to defame me and, more importantly, the FBI by saying that the organization was in disarray, that it was poorly led, that the workforce had lost confidence in its leader."

Remember, Comey was under oath...neither Trump, his attorney nor Sarah Huckabee Sanders were under oath. Just thought I would point that out :~)

Lying under oath is a crime, lying in front of cameras at a press conference isn't.

So, who's telling the truth?

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3369 on: June 08, 2017, 06:47:54 pm »

Here's a brief aside from the Spelling Nazis.  Just for Alan.   :)

I cnduo’t bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg, Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltter be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istelf, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aazming huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt!

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3370 on: June 08, 2017, 08:29:06 pm »

An LGBT group says it was denied a float at a gay pride parade in Charlotte, North Carolina, because it supports Donald Trump.
“Gays for Trump” had submitted an application to display a float during this year’s Charlotte Pride parade. “We wanted to have a couple of drag queens on the float dancing in ‘Make America Great Again’ dresses. "For a group of people to claim to want tolerance, acceptance, and give it to every single person you can imagine to give it to, for them to sit back and judge me for exercising my right as an American to choose my leader without judgment is hypocritical," Gays for Trump organizer Brian Talbert said.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/us/pride-float-trump-trnd/index.html
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:42:19 pm by LesPalenik »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3371 on: June 08, 2017, 09:52:24 pm »

So, are Harvard "professors" (actually they're Ph.D., M.P.H. & M.D., M.Div.) #FakeDoctors?

Did you even bother to click on the url and see what they're talking about?

So, what, are you against medical/scientific research in general or only such research done at Harvard?

Pardon me if I don't think people with small minds should be in charge of research in medicine and science. Maybe it's best to leave that to people with Ph.D. and/or M.D. after their names.
These forums are stressing people out.  :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3372 on: June 08, 2017, 10:12:18 pm »

So, who do YOU believe?

WHITE HOUSE: Trump is 'not a liar'

Or...

Comey: White House Lied ‘Plain and Simple’ About Firing

Remember, Comey was under oath...neither Trump, his attorney nor Sarah Huckabee Sanders were under oath. Just thought I would point that out :~)

Lying under oath is a crime, lying in front of cameras at a press conference isn't.

So, who's telling the truth?

For the FBI director you and other Hillary supporters blame for losing her the election, and who also said he 's a terrible director and should be fired because of it, you now are supporting the same guy with a lot of excuses for all his screw-ups and mismanagement.   Trump didn't defame him as he said, he defamed himself.  One thing he did publically admit, finally at the hearing, was that Trump didn't collude with the Russians. That's what Trump wanted him to say for months after he told Trump privately that he wasn't under investigation.  He publicly revealed investigation status about  Hillary.  He should have done it with Trump, who was president.  The Director was holding the president hostage to doing America's business with Russia because he would clear the cloud over the President regarding accusation of collusion.

The cloud that you and the Democrats constant implying he was colluding did not let Trump act with the Russians without having to be accused he's was being nice to them because of it.  Now with that cleared up, Trump can move ahead with American interests as they relate to the Russians.  I think that's why Trump fired him.  Because he was screwing up how Trump would be able to deal with the Russians by allowing that belief to just lie out there.  He didn't fired him because of the mismanagement of Hillary's email server even though the Assistant Attorney General stated that was mismanagement.  Trump wasn't concerned about Hillary but rather dealing with the Russians.

Let me add too, that Trump also asked for everyone to leave Hillary alone regarding her servers.  It was time to move on.  So one could expect him to hope people would do the same thing with his friend Flynn for not filing form as a lobbyist for a foreign country before operating as such.   

Farmer

« Reply #3373 on: June 08, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »

Les - that's a bit like the KKK complaining they can't join a protest march in favour of free speech.  You can be tolerant of anyone/everyone, but it doesn't mean you have to actually spend time with them or invite them to your parade (literally).
Phil Brown

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3374 on: June 08, 2017, 11:29:01 pm »

Les - that's a bit like the KKK complaining they can't join a protest march in favour of free speech.  You can be tolerant of anyone/everyone, but it doesn't mean you have to actually spend time with them or invite them to your parade (literally).
Certainly they have the right to invite who they want.  But they're being pretty stupid.  First off,  Ivanka and Jarad support their community whole hardily.  Trump, as Cruz mentioned during the campaign, is a New York liberal.  He doesn't harbor any ill will toward them.  Could care less.  Would love for them to buy his condos.  Most important, by including a "Trump" contingent, it shows the world they are truly open to freedom of self expression and political beliefs.  They would gain a lot of support from Trumpers.  They're cutting the noses off to spite their faces.  This is what's happening with a lot of Trump haters.  Their anger and resentment is so deep and irrational, they can't see straight. 

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3375 on: June 08, 2017, 11:33:47 pm »

Their anger and resentment is so deep and irrational, they can't see straight.

It's not anger and resentment they feel.  It's astonishment and dismay.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3376 on: June 08, 2017, 11:46:55 pm »

Phil, I'm only reporting.
Personally, I wouldn't go there. The traffic into and around Charlotte is terrible. I was caught up there twice on my drives to Florida. both on #77 and #277, it's not a pleasant experience.

Speaking about banning some groups in Pride parades - The Toronto Pride Committe bans all policemen taking part in the parade (in their uniforms).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:15:14 am by LesPalenik »

Farmer

« Reply #3377 on: June 09, 2017, 12:32:12 am »

Les - I know, I was more just putting my reply in context by mentioning you as I hadn't hit "quote" :-) 

Alan - Trump is not an inclusive or tolerant person - he makes exceptions, though, if you pay him (cf. wants a Muslim ban but happy to get an award from and sell to Saudi Arabia).
Phil Brown

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3378 on: June 09, 2017, 12:52:27 am »

Les - I know, I was more just putting my reply in context by mentioning you as I hadn't hit "quote" :-) 

Alan - Trump is not an inclusive or tolerant person - he makes exceptions, though, if you pay him (cf. wants a Muslim ban but happy to get an award from and sell to Saudi Arabia).
Tolerance is a two way street.  You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.  Trump doesn't like people who oppose him.  If they would show him some respect and support as the pro-Trump LGBT group wanted to do by joining the LGBT parade, they may find they'll get his support in return.  You can't bash him and expect him to reward you in return. 

Farmer

« Reply #3379 on: June 09, 2017, 01:14:14 am »

No, Trump doesn't respect anyone but himself.  He tolerates people who make him look good or give him money.  He isn't respected because he hasn't earned any respect.
Phil Brown
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 331   Go Up