Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 917666 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #2600 on: May 13, 2017, 12:20:36 am »

What's the Russian fault in all of this?

No fault on the part of the Russians...I admire their ability to play Trump like a big orange fiddle. The WH knew that the optics of Trump meeting with the Russians wouldn't look good so they tried to do it out of the #FAKENEWS US media's prying eyes. It apparently didn't occur to the WH that the Russians would have something to gain by promoting the heck out of Trump kowtowing to the Russians. It's played very well in Moscow–heck, even Trump tweeting about the Russians laughing (although he got what they were longing about wrong)

TrumpTweet: Russia must be laughing up their sleeves watching as the U.S. tears itself apart over a Democrat EXCUSE for losing the election.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2601 on: May 13, 2017, 12:31:17 am »

Something not Comey or Russia....

Michelle Obama on Trump rollback: ‘Think about why someone is okay with your kids eating crap’

It's not enough they (Trump and his swamp) want to screw up the environment, they want to work to make kids less healthy? While at the same time make it more difficult to get health insurance? Heck, even Budget chief Mick Mulvaney wanted to weigh in...Daily on Healthcare: Senate healthcare talks 'a disaster'

But hey, don't bother to teach your kids about good nutrition...let them grow up obese and die of diabetes so we don't have to cover their health care...that's kinda like being against abortion but for the death penalty. (never could get that)
We don't need the Federal government imposing it's will across all 50 states. The Constitution gave that power to the people and the States, not the federal government.   Let each state decide what they want to do in schools with their food program as they should with the curricula.  We got to get out of this idea that Washington DC is the know it all.  Let people at the local and state levels decide how they want to live, learn, eat and die. 

Schewe

« Reply #2602 on: May 13, 2017, 12:36:08 am »

Obligatory Comey/Russian content–from the not-left-leaning nationalreview.com

Donald Trump, Auteur-in-Chief

by MICHAEL BRENDAN DOUGHERTY   May 12, 2017 5:25 PM

This is Trump’s show; everyone else is just living in it.

When Donald Trump fired FBI director James Comey, David Frum described it as “a coup.” Writing at Vox, Philip Carter declared the firing “another win for Vladimir Putin.” Laurence Tribe decided to use the T word: treason.

Maybe you believe Donald Trump capable of involving himself in a foreign-led conspiracy that concluded with him becoming president of the United States, only to screw it up by acting in the most guilty way imaginable. But to my eyes this looks more like a case of the E word: Donald Trump was having another episode. He saw something he didn’t like in the media, got angry, and thought he could end it by sending out a pink slip. After all, “You’re fired!” had ended scores of storylines before, hadn’t it?

That might sound like a defense, but it’s not. The administration lied. Rod Rosenstein dutifully produced the official reason, that Director Comey had mishandled the investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s e-mail scandal. But dozens of White House sources and a half-dozen Trump interviews this week confirmed that Comey was fired simply because he annoyed Trump. The giveaway is another word that has featured prominently in coverage of the firing and the potential candidates to assume control of the FBI: Loyalty.

Trump has this idea that the Executive Branch is an extension of the Trump campaign, the Trump brand, or even the Trump family. If the FBI director is someone whom Donald Trump technically employs, and Donald Trump can fire him, then it follows that he ought to be on Team Trump. Instead of being loyal to the country or the law, Trump imagines that everyone on the federal payroll ought to bend the knee.

James Comey made the mistake of continuing to appear in headlines or stories that angered Trump, so he had to go. Sad!

Schewe

« Reply #2603 on: May 13, 2017, 12:49:22 am »

Let people at the local and state levels decide how they want to live, learn, eat and die.

So, how has that been working' for ya bud?

Pretty piss poor, which is why the states should not be allowed to fail to meet minimum standards.

The states have already proven their incompetence hence the severe health problem of pediatric obesity which then evolves into adult obesity which evolves into Type 2 diabetes.

So, ask yourself, who benefits?

High sodium, high sugar, processed foods, who benefits?

Follow the money...this is Trump's new swamp.

Schewe

« Reply #2604 on: May 13, 2017, 12:56:36 am »

Things that make you go hum...

’With few exceptions’: No business ties to Russia, Trump’s lawyers say in letter

President Donald Trump has no income, equity or debt from Russian sources, according to his lawyers. The review of Trump’s tax returns going back 10 years showed two major exceptions: a 2013 beauty pageant and a 2008 sale of a Florida estate.

then...

Donald Trump's tax law firm has 'deep' ties to Russia

The lawyers who wrote a letter saying President Trump had no significant business ties to Russia work for a law firm that has extensive ties to Russia and received a “Russia Law Firm of the Year” award in 2016.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2605 on: May 13, 2017, 01:14:31 am »

So, how has that been working' for ya bud?

Pretty piss poor, which is why the states should not be allowed to fail to meet minimum standards.

The states have already proven their incompetence hence the severe health problem of pediatric obesity which then evolves into adult obesity which evolves into Type 2 diabetes.

So, ask yourself, who benefits?

High sodium, high sugar, processed foods, who benefits?

Follow the money...this is Trump's new swamp.
The Feds imposed "Let No Child Be Left Behind" across the country.  It's a failure and has hurt children across the country.

It's better to have locals decide what they want.  Local communities and the people who live there know what's best for their children.  They're not stupid.  They can determine teaching criteria and food programs that are best for their kids. Then because things are done differently among the various states, we can learn from one another and improve overall instead of everyone doing it the same way as Washington says which may be marginal at best. 

It would be like having one post processing program or one camera manufacturer.  If I suggested no competition or variety, you'd think I was crazy.  Yet you want one national education and food program policy for everyone.

Schewe

« Reply #2606 on: May 13, 2017, 01:40:20 am »

Yet you want one national education and food program policy for everyone.

At least minimums, yes...

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2607 on: May 13, 2017, 01:53:37 am »

The Feds imposed "Let No Child Be Left Behind" across the country.  It's a failure and has hurt children across the country.

It's better to have locals decide what they want.  Local communities and the people who live there know what's best for their children.  They're not stupid. They can determine teaching criteria and food programs that are best for their kids. Then because things are done differently among the various states, we can learn from one another and improve overall instead of everyone doing it the same way as Washington says which may be marginal at best. 

It would be like having one post processing program or one camera manufacturer.  If I suggested no competition or variety, you'd think I was crazy.  Yet you want one national education and food program policy for everyone.

As an occasional visitor to USA, it seems to me that many Americans don't know what's best for their children. And many are indeed stupid or uncaring.
Canadians fare slightly better, but also nothing to brag about. According to Statistics Canada, one in four Canadian adults is clinically obese, compared with one in three in the United States.
Health experts say the current generation of children may be the first in American history to have a shorter life expectancy than their parents. What's smart about that?

Childhood obesity is a serious problem in the United States putting kids at risk for poor health.
https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/childhood.html

The percentage of children with obesity in the United States has more than tripled since the 1970s
  • Children with obesity are at higher risk for having other chronic health conditions and diseases that impact physical health, such as asthma, sleep apnea, bone and joint problems, type 2 diabetes, and risk factors for heart disease.
  • Children with obesity are bullied and teased more than their normal weight peers,18 and are more likely to suffer from social isolation, depression, and lower self-esteem.
  • In the long term, childhood obesity also is associated with having obesity as an adult, which is linked to serious conditions and diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and several types of cancer.
https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/obesity/facts.htm
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:02:48 am by LesPalenik »

Schewe

« Reply #2608 on: May 13, 2017, 01:55:15 am »

After Trump's disastrous trip to CIA Headquarters, it's probably a good idea he avoids FBI headquarters for a while...

Trump Told He Would Not Be Greeted Warmly at FBI: Officials

The White House has abandoned the idea of President Trump visiting FBI headquarters after being told he would not be greeted warmly, administration officials told NBC News.

Amid the continuing fallout over his decision to fire FBI Director James Comey, Trump was considering an appearance at the FBI's J Edgar Hoover Building in downtown Washington, DC. The White House publicly floated the idea as recently as Thursday morning.

Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders, asked by a reporter whether such a visit was imminent, replied, I believe that it's very likely that takes place sometime in the next few days."

But that idea was dropped later Thursday, administration officials said, after the FBI told the White House the optics would not be good. FBI officials made clear that the president would not draw many smiles and cheers, having just unceremoniously sacked a very popular director.

Schewe

« Reply #2609 on: May 13, 2017, 01:57:49 am »

Childhood obesity is a serious problem in the United States putting kids at risk for poor health.
https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/childhood.html

But heaven forbid that the federal government try to do anything about it...let the states bungle uh, handle it :~)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2610 on: May 13, 2017, 02:00:30 am »

Trump Told He Would Not Be Greeted Warmly at FBI:

But you can bet, he would be received very warmly by SVR (current incarnation of KGB)

Schewe

« Reply #2611 on: May 13, 2017, 02:16:07 am »

Funny you should mention Russia...this just in from RT.com

«Идиот, клоун и смущение»: новый опрос показывает падение рейтингов и резкое отношение к Трампу

Oooops, sorry, let me translate: ‘Idiot, clown and embarrassment’: New poll shows falling ratings & scathing attitudes to Trump

The results of a recently released survey of American voters show President Donald Trump’s approval rating plummeting as his opponents use some choice expressions to describe their commander-in-chief.

The results of the survey, conducted by the Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University, show that, “idiot, incompetent and liar” were the most commonly given answers when respondents were asked for the first word that comes to mind when they think about President Trump.

In fact, of the top 20 most given words, only four (strong, great, successful and leader) were positive and four (president, businessman, business and trying) were neutral.

Other less-than-flattering descriptors were “buffoon, con-man, clown, narcissistic, bigot and embarrassment.”

From the survey

What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump? (Numbers are not percentages.
Figures show the number of times each response was given. This table reports only words that were mentioned at least five times.)
idiot              39
incompetent   31
liar                30
leader            25
unqualified     25
president       22
strong           21
businessman 18
ignorant        16
egotistical     15
asshole         13
stupid           13
arrogant       12
trying           12
bully            11
business      11
narcissist     11
successful    11
disgusting    10
great           10
clown            9
dishonest      9
racist            9
American       8
bigot             8
good             8
money          8
smart           8
buffoon         7
con-man       7
crazy            7
different       7
disaster        7
rich              7
despicable    6
dictator        6
aggressive    5
blowhard      5
decisive       5
embarrassment 5
evil              5
greedy         5
inexperienced 5
mental          5
negotiator     5
patriotism     5

Yep, Trump is right...the Russians are laughing all right!

#MAGA #ROTFL

Farmer

« Reply #2612 on: May 13, 2017, 06:54:43 am »

Kids want to eat junk food and don't like being told to eat something healthy instead?  I'm not sure that's newsworthy :-)
Phil Brown

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2613 on: May 13, 2017, 09:58:30 am »

Yes, but nether is her criticism of the current situation, but they did report on that. 

The problem I have with this whole eat healthy thing is we don't give any responsibility to the parents.  We expect the government to solve the problem just like with getting children to do better in school.  But guess what, study after study have shown without parental involvement, more then likely it won't work. 

Sure, a handful of kids will get it, but the most won't and no politician addresses this.  I get it though, it's kind of hard to tell a room full of parents that they are really bad parents without backlash; look at outcry when Obama talked about being a good father.  But it needs to be done. 
You're 100% right , Joe.  It all starts in the home.  But it's politically incorrect to say that.  You'll be called a racist, uncaring, a fascist, etc. How dare you blame the parent.  My wife retired from teaching.  But she would tell me how teachers are afraid to discipline their school kids.  Next thing, the parents are complaining abiout the teacher to the principal, even the press.  When I was a kid, my head was handed to me by my parents if they got a bad report from the school about me.  Today there's no respect.  The kids are out of control in the classes and in the lunchroom.

Things are different today that cause these problems.  Broken families are huge.  High divorce rates.  Kids don't learn respect the way we did.   Even when parents are politically involved, they're out to lunch.  Homework?  Look at the campaign to stop it.  How are the children suppose to learn without it?  Eating, well that's a problem because of fast foods.  Years ago people ate healthier food with smaller portions at home or took lunches to school or had lunch provided by the school.  Today, kids "bop" out to McDonalds for a large portion of fries.  Everyone's say we need to spend more money.  That's BS.  Nothing's going to change until the family is straightened out. Blaming the government is an excuse for parent failure.  We often don't teach what's right any longer.  Media plays into, Hollywood, everyone's cursing.  No wonder we got a president who curses and speaks like he does.  We're all doing it.  Even a congresswoman is calling the president a scumbag. Look a the vile, disrespectful words about the president in this thread.  It's become normal.  We've lost our way. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2614 on: May 13, 2017, 10:11:44 am »

But heaven forbid that the federal government try to do anything about it...let the states bungle uh, handle it :~)
Jeff, you're from Chicago, Illinois I believe.  I think you want the federal government involved so they'll provide more money so you can bail out your state's teaching pension fund. It's going broke because your state failed in controlling its costs for teachers and other government pensions.  Why should the rest of the country pick up your state's mistakes?  Maybe you should clean house in Illinois before telling South Carolina, Florida and the rest of the country what they should do about their education system.   Frankly, the real truth about getting the government involved is about the money and politics, not about learning.  Many, many states need money for their pensions systems that are going broke.  So Democrats mainly figure they'll get the government to provide it.  Bail out the pensions, higher salaries for teacher's unions who support Democrats, etc.   Even Puerto Rico government pensions is bankrupting the island.  They're looking for Washington to bail them out also.  Well, what about health care?  Where's all the money coming from?  Do you want to pay more taxes for Puerto Rico?

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #2615 on: May 13, 2017, 10:17:34 am »

You're 100% right , Joe.  It all starts in the home.  But it's politically incorrect to say that.  You'll be called a racist, uncaring, a fascist, etc. How dare you blame the parent.  My wife retired from teaching.  But she would tell me how teachers are afraid to discipline their school kids.  Next thing, the parents are complaining abiout the teacher to the principal, even the press.  When I was a kid, my head was handed to me by my parents if they got a bad report from the school about me.  Today there's no respect.  The kids are out of control in the classes and in the lunchroom.

Things are different today that cause these problems.  Broken families are huge.  High divorce rates.  Kids don't learn respect the way we did.   Even when parents are politically involved, they're out to lunch.  Homework?  Look at the campaign to stop it.  How are the children suppose to learn without it?  Eating, well that's a problem because of fast foods.  Years ago people ate healthier food with smaller portions at home or took lunches to school or had lunch provided by the school.  Today, kids "bop" out to McDonalds for a large portion of fries.  Everyone's say we need to spend more money.  That's BS.  Nothing's going to change until the family is straightened out. Blaming the government is an excuse for parent failure.  We often don't teach what's right any longer.  Media plays into, Hollywood, everyone's cursing.  No wonder we got a president who curses and speaks like he does.  We're all doing it.  Even a congresswoman is calling the president a scumbag. Look a the vile, disrespectful words about the president in this thread.  It's become normal.  We've lost our way.
Alan, I wholeheartedly agree with you on your first point. If the parents don't take responsibility no state or federal program can make kids eat healthier or behave more respectfully towards their teachers. As soon as parents start treating their kids like little princes and princesses who can't do wrong the game is lost.

However your point about disrespectful words about the president is a little of the pot and the kettle. When Trump blurps out disrespectful comments about others you find it a relief that he cuts the crap and shies away from political correctness, but if other politicians do the same it's disrespectful. I think you can be so called "non political correct" without being personal disrespectful, however that's a trick that in my mind Trump hasn't got yet. Hopefully he is the fast learner you say he is, allthough I don't see too many positive signs since he came into office.
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2616 on: May 13, 2017, 11:04:01 am »

Alan, I wholeheartedly agree with you on your first point. If the parents don't take responsibility no state or federal program can make kids eat healthier or behave more respectfully towards their teachers. As soon as parents start treating their kids like little princes and princesses who can't do wrong the game is lost.

However your point about disrespectful words about the president is a little of the pot and the kettle. When Trump blurps out disrespectful comments about others you find it a relief that he cuts the crap and shies away from political correctness, but if other politicians do the same it's disrespectful. I think you can be so called "non political correct" without being personal disrespectful, however that's a trick that in my mind Trump hasn't got yet. Hopefully he is the fast learner you say he is, allthough I don't see too many positive signs since he came into office.
I think the president and everyone else can be respectful and unpolitically correct.  But, he doesn't have to be disrespectful in order to tell the truth. So there we agree.  My point is that the whole society has gotten coarse. It's infected the president, Congress, Hollywood, the left and right, late-night comedy shows, internet threads and forums, TV, radio, the press, everywhere.  It's OK to be tough and respectful at the same time.  He should be strong without vulgarity.  The President and many of us have forgotten or never learned how to be both at the same time. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2617 on: May 13, 2017, 12:23:44 pm »

"Comey was fired simply because he annoyed Trump"

Isn't the official phrase that many positions in the government "serve at the pleasure of the president"?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2618 on: May 13, 2017, 12:37:53 pm »

Emphasis mine (quotes from Jeff's previous post):

President Donald Trump has no income, equity or debt from Russian sources, according to his lawyers. The review of Trump’s tax returns going back 10 years showed two major exceptions: a 2013 beauty pageant and a 2008 sale of a Florida estate... The lawyers who wrote a letter saying President Trump had no significant business ties to Russia work for a law firm that has extensive ties to Russia and received a “Russia Law Firm of the Year” award in 2016.

Jeff, that's reaching too far.

Many world-wide law firms have "extensive ties to Russia." The same goes for every multinational company on Earth. They've had a significant presence in Russia ever since the 90's. When you do business in Russia, you register as a Russian legal entity. In the beginning, when I was there, those law firm were headed by foreigners, some of Russian descent. These days, they are probably 90-100% staffed by local Russians.  So no wonder that some will get a title of "Russia Law Firm of the Year."

Besides, just from the standpoint of logic, would you rather prefer that a law firm with no ties to Russia issued a statement about Trump's ties to Russia? How would they know?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2619 on: May 13, 2017, 12:42:46 pm »

Funny you should mention Russia...this just in from RT.com...

Jeff, I'd have never thought you'd be quoting RT, "Putin's propaganda arm" (in your own words), thus spreading their psychological war against our dear leader?  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 331   Go Up