Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918257 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #2580 on: May 12, 2017, 01:21:35 am »

Wow, yet another Time magazine article...

President Trump Attacks 'Lunatic,' 'No-Talent,' 'Dumbest Person' in TV

President Donald Trump says he thinks CNN's Chris Cuomo looks like a "chained lunatic" on television. CNN's Don Lemon is "perhaps the dumbest person in broadcasting" and CBS Late Show host Stephen Colbert is a "no-talent guy" who talks "filthy."

Those were just some of the comments Trump offered over dinner Monday night when asked about the media he consumes as President of the United States. But he did little to hide his frustration, explaining that he had been surprised that the journalistic criticism had gotten worse after the campaign. He also said he had been working on tuning out news that is critical of him.

"I’ve been able to do something that I never thought I had the ability to do. I’ve been able not to watch or read things that aren’t pleasant," he said, maintaining that he no longer watches CNN or MSNBC. "And it keeps you young."
There was little doubt, however, that he remained acutely aware of what reporters and correspondents were saying about him. He has large flat-screen televisions set up in the Treaty Room in the White House residence and in his private dining room in the West Wing. He continues to have stacks of newspapers and magazines delivered to his office suite in the West Wing.

"Washington Post, New York Times, they’re really, really dishonest," he said, before directly addressing the TIME reporters he had invited for dinner. "You people are quite dishonest in all fairness." He said he used to watch MSNBC's Joe Scarborough but no longer does. He also claimed to have helped CNN president Jeff Zucker, an old friend and business colleague, get his job at the network.

The one network he praised was Fox News, saying he watches their shows and is responsible for its ratings bump.

Hum, is Trump going soft on SNL?

Schewe

« Reply #2581 on: May 12, 2017, 01:26:26 am »

Turn about fair play...Trump got RickRolled by Putin again!

White House furious after being trolled with Russia Oval Office photos

Washington (CNN)The White House did not anticipate that the Russian government would allow its state news agency to post photographs of an Oval Office meeting between President Donald Trump, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russia's ambassador to the US, a White House official said.

Photos of Wednesday's meeting, taken by a Russian state news media photographer one day after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey amid questions about possible Trump campaign collusion with Moscow, were ultimately posted by Russia's news agency, TASS.

The White House did not post photos of the meeting until Thursday. The State Department did post photos of Lavrov's meeting with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, but that was open to the press.

"They tricked us," an angry White House official said.

"That's the problem with the Russians -- they lie," the official added.

Hum, sorta like Trump and the Whitehouse?

Schewe

« Reply #2582 on: May 12, 2017, 01:38:31 am »

YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Is Trump's thin skin getting in the way of his presidency?

What if the Comey firing is nothing to do with the Russia probe or the Clinton email server but is actually just a result of the president's thin-skinned character?

And would that be more or less alarming than Comey being fired in order to impede the Russia investigation, which is the case Democrats are making this week?

New reporting from the Washington Post, and other US media outlets, which are the recipients of a huge amount of leaks this week, suggest Mr Trump was upset by the Comey testimony at the Senate last week.

What particularly angered him, the reports say, was Comey saying it made him "mildly nauseous" to think the FBI may have swayed the election.

This hit right at President Trump's psychological weak spot - the legitimacy of his victory in the election.

Mr Trump frequently talks up the size of his win in November and often disparages people, or photos, or agencies that suggest he didn't win big. He still does so, six months after the election.

But is being thin-skinned now getting in the way of his ability to do his job effectively? The sacking of James Comey might be evidence of that.

Now that BBC HAS brought it up, I wonder which would be worse? I think the worst is not knowing...IT COULD BE BOTH!

Otto Phocus

« Reply #2583 on: May 12, 2017, 05:59:57 am »

Well, at least he gets ice-cream...

Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everyone else gets 1 -- and other top lines from his Time interview

The question is, does everyone else have to wait until Trump is finished eating before they can start eating while in his presence?

I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2584 on: May 12, 2017, 09:46:22 am »

Whenever we talk about Russia, something doesn't add up, right?

"Trolled, tricked, lied to, furios" White House!? Seriously!?

Either the reporting is "dishonest," or the WH leak is. They knew a photographer is with the Russian delegation. They could see him. You know, it is a guy with a big camera. They could see him taking photos. They posed for him, for god's sake. And yet the WH (or the leak) didn't "anticipate" Russians are going to publish it. Seriously!? What did they think the photos are for? Lavrov's family album? What's the Russian fault in all of this?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2585 on: May 12, 2017, 09:59:24 am »

I think Trump was just putting his finger in the eye of the American press by letting the Russian press scoop the pictures.  It was his inside joke about how he's colluding with the Russians.    He's rubbing it in even colluding with their photographers.  Of course the American press won't see it or admit it because they're too full of themselves.

Raul_82

« Reply #2586 on: May 12, 2017, 10:15:32 am »

I think Trump was just putting his finger in the eye of the American press by letting the Russian press scoop the pictures.  It was his inside joke about how he's colluding with the Russians.    He's rubbing it in even colluding with their photographers.  Of course the American press won't see it or admit it because they're too full of themselves.

Sure, he's a chill calmed guy, known for his sophisticated practical jokes.  ::)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2587 on: May 12, 2017, 11:41:14 am »

Sure, he's a chill calmed guy, known for his sophisticated practical jokes.  ::)

No it wasn't sophisticated.  It was base. But he does have a sense of humor.  With all the attacks from the American press about his "collusion with the Russians", what better way to get even than to keep the Americans out and just let the Russians photograph the meeting and show them in their papers.  Then, the American press can print them but have to give the Russian papers the byline credit.  Nyah.  Nyah.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2588 on: May 12, 2017, 11:45:20 am »

Funny thing about politicians and the press. I guess politicians would like the press to be their marketing department, must be an occupational hazard of sorts. Someone with no experience nor appreciation for the actual purpose of government might want that more than others. But that's not what the press is supposed to be, is it?

Another funny thing is that whenever I hear politicians criticize bias in the press, it just makes me think that the press is doing something right.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #2589 on: May 12, 2017, 11:46:18 am »

No it wasn't sophisticated.  It was base. But he does have a sense of humor.  With all the attacks from the American press about his "collusion with the Russians", what better way to get even than to keep the Americans out and just let the Russians photograph the meeting and show them in their papers.  Then, the American press can print them but have to give the Russian papers the byline credit.  Nyah.  Nyah.

And it worked so well.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2590 on: May 12, 2017, 11:48:42 am »

I think I've come to the conclusion that Trump just doesn't care that much what people think about what he does or says.  If it pleases him, he'll do it. Just like during the campaign.  He's going to be lambasted regardless of what he does.  So he might as well speak his mind.  He got rid of Comey because "he was a grandstander, incompetent.....etc"  When was the last time we heard a President speak like that?  Most politicians speak so PC that you're not quite sure what they really believe.  At least you know what Trump is thinking.  His words are often jolting and unappealing.  But he is direct, which is refreshing if nerve shaking. 

Petrus

« Reply #2591 on: May 12, 2017, 12:18:36 pm »

At least you know what Trump is thinking.

Thinking???????

Nerve shaking for sure...

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2592 on: May 12, 2017, 01:46:06 pm »

I think I've come to the conclusion that Trump just doesn't care that much what people think about what he does or says.  If it pleases him, he'll do it. Just like during the campaign.  He's going to be lambasted regardless of what he does.  So he might as well speak his mind.  He got rid of Comey because "he was a grandstander, incompetent.....etc"  When was the last time we heard a President speak like that?  Most politicians speak so PC that you're not quite sure what they really believe.  At least you know what Trump is thinking.  His words are often jolting and unappealing.  But he is direct, which is refreshing if nerve shaking.

With so many crisis and gaffs on the go, no wonder he doesn't care what people think. Nobody could keep up with all the comments coming every day.
And if you miss the latest news reporting on what Trump is thinking today, you could get wrong impression based on what he was thinking the day before.
His words are not only joltng and unappealing, but often they don't make sense.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2593 on: May 12, 2017, 03:14:13 pm »

With so many crisis and gaffs on the go, no wonder he doesn't care what people think. Nobody could keep up with all the comments coming every day.
And if you miss the latest news reporting on what Trump is thinking today, you could get wrong impression based on what he was thinking the day before.
His words are not only joltng and unappealing, but often they don't make sense.

It took Trump to make politics exciting again.  More people are losing more sleep than ever.  Divorces are on the rise.  More fights break out.  It's better than baseball.  It's better than football.  It's better than soccer.  Well, anything's better than soccer. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2594 on: May 12, 2017, 04:02:25 pm »

It took Trump to make politics exciting again.  More people are losing more sleep than ever.  Divorces are on the rise.  More fights break out.  It's better than baseball.  It's better than football.  It's better than soccer.  Well, anything's better than soccer.

Ironically, it made even Lula more interesting (resulting in many more clicks and page views).

James Clark

« Reply #2595 on: May 12, 2017, 04:12:47 pm »

Politics aside, I think it's sad that being a total a*hole is now applauded as "telling it like it is," while being polite is belittled by some as being "fake" or "pc."   I can disagree with you without coming off like a vulgar child in a playground dispute.  Is it really too much to expect the leader of the free world to meet that standard?  (And that's not even getting into the incomprehensible hypocrisy of *Donald Trump* having the temerity to belittle someone else for being a "grandstander.")

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2596 on: May 12, 2017, 04:51:02 pm »

Politics aside, I think it's sad that being a total a*hole is now applauded as "telling it like it is," while being polite is belittled by some as being "fake" or "pc."   I can disagree with you without coming off like a vulgar child in a playground dispute.  Is it really too much to expect the leader of the free world to meet that standard?  (And that's not even getting into the incomprehensible hypocrisy of *Donald Trump* having the temerity to belittle someone else for being a "grandstander.")
But Comey is a "grandstander".  He was not the Attorney General but acted like that when he made critical decisions about Hillary's handling of classified emails.  He was only a government "gumshoe"; that's it.  A glorified cop.  He should have completed his investigation and turned it over to the Justice department to make their determination to indict or not.  Since Attorney General Lynch recused herself, let the Asst' Attorney General decide what to do or let President Obama or whoever in Justice Dept. is responsible.    But he decided he would become the investigator, judge and jury and pissed off both Republicans and Democrats with his decisions.  No hubris.  He didn't know his place. 

So now, how can you trust him running the FBI and doing investigation of Trump or anyone else?  His own people were pissed when he let Hillary go considering she broke laws regarding the handling of classified info.  Does anyone really think that if he stayed, and said there was no legal issue with Russia collusions, that the Democrats would not say that Trump had the fix in with Comey just as he "helped" Republicans during the election?  There's no way Trump could win if Comey stayed on.  Look how they're criticizing the Assistant AJ who wrote the letter criticizing Comey.  And that guy was supported completely by both side before the letter.  Better Trump bring in some one else, hopefully a person who has the approval of both sides.  But whatever happens, the Democrats and liberal biased press will say Trump had the fix in.  They're never going to admit there was no collusion.

Speaking of belittling, look how the press and politicians belittle Trump.  Calling him everything from Hitler, "orange turd", dictator, etc.   

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #2597 on: May 12, 2017, 09:50:10 pm »

They knew a photographer is with the Russian delegation. They could see him. You know, it is a guy with a big camera. They could see him taking photos. They posed for him, for god's sake. And yet the WH (or the leak) didn't "anticipate" Russians are going to publish it. Seriously!? What did they think the photos are for? Lavrov's family album? What's the Russian fault in all of this?

That photographer must have a really good camera. The picture of Trump with Lavrow is quite nice (although some competition judges would point out that if the photographer had stepped back a bit, the two portraits on the wall wouldn't be cut in half). Perusing other pictures from the same day, Putin looks also good in his red hockey jersey (but that's another story).

Schewe

« Reply #2598 on: May 13, 2017, 12:03:33 am »

Something not Comey or Russia....

Michelle Obama on Trump rollback: ‘Think about why someone is okay with your kids eating crap’

A fiery Michelle Obama vigorously defended the healthy eating initiative that was her biggest legacy as First Lady on Friday, telling a public health summit in Washington D.C. that something was “wrong” with an administration that did not want to give consumers nutrition information or teach children to eat healthily.

“We gotta make sure we don’t let anybody take us back,” Obama said. “This is where you really have to look at motives, you know. You have to stop and think, why don’t you want our kids to have good food at school? What is wrong with you? And why is that a partisan issue? Why would that be political? What is going on?”

In a 43-minute conversation, peppered with sarcastic remarks and veiled references to the Trump administration, Michele Obama discussed topics from life since her husband left the presidency to her Let's Move! initiative.

“Take me out of the equation -- like me or don’t like me,” Obama added. “But think about why someone is okay with your kids eating crap. Why would you celebrate that? Why would you sit idly and be okay with that? Because here’s the secret: If someone is doing that, they don’t care about your kid.”

The comments were Obama’s first public remarks on the Trump administration’s assault on nutrition policy, which has already seen the delay of rules meant to reduce sodium and refined grains in school lunches and provide calorie counts on restaurant menus. The former First Lady championed many of those programs.

It's not enough they (Trump and his swamp) want to screw up the environment, they want to work to make kids less healthy? While at the same time make it more difficult to get health insurance? Heck, even Budget chief Mick Mulvaney wanted to weigh in...Daily on Healthcare: Senate healthcare talks 'a disaster'

But hey, don't bother to teach your kids about good nutrition...let them grow up obese and die of diabetes so we don't have to cover their health care...that's kinda like being against abortion but for the death penalty. (never could get that)

Schewe

« Reply #2599 on: May 13, 2017, 12:12:31 am »

Another Not Comey nor Russia...

35 of 37 economists said Trump was wrong. The other two misread the question.

President Trump's administration says his tax cut will pay for itself. It turns out it's really hard to find an economist who agrees.

The University of Chicago's Booth School of Business regularly polls economists on controversial questions. In a survey the school published last week on Trump's tax plans, only two out of the 37 economists that responded said that the cuts would stimulate the economy enough to cancel out the effect on total tax revenue.

Those two economists now both say they made a mistake, and that they misunderstood the question.

“I screwed up on that one,” said one of those two economists, Kenneth Judd, when asked about his response to Trump's tax claim. “I meant to say that this is a horrible idea, a bad idea — no chance in hell.”

The other respondent who said that Trump's tax cuts would pay for themselves was Bengt Holmström of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, who confirmed in an email to The Washington Post that he had also misread the question.

This on the heals of Trump trying to teach economics to The Economist magazine claiming he discovered "PRIME THE PUMP".

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 331   Go Up