Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918174 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #2500 on: May 04, 2017, 01:44:13 am »

We hope that the american political system will not allow him to assume dictatorial powers like Hitler, or you will discover how much like him he really is!

Yeah, actually the more I think about it and remember some of the stuff Trump was pulling and his pathological lying and his divisiveness (I keep harping on that) I'm even more worried because like it or not, Trump is trying to "normalize" Trump being Trump. Like it's normal for the president of the US to flit off to his southern Whitehouse for golf and high level meetings and chocolate cake while telling the president of Chine he just launched 59 cruise missiles. That's it's normal for his globe trotting children to be protected at tax payer expense while doing business for Trump's businesses that he still owns and can take money from. That's it's normal for a 70 year old man to be tweeting, stone cold sober, at 3, 4 or 5 am and threatening North Korea. It's normal for a president of the USA to have so little knowledge of American history that he doesn't realize Andrew Jackson died 16 years before the Civi War and thus Jackson likely couldn't have stopped the war. Is that Normal? Is it normal for Trump to stumble around giving incomprehensible interviews with AP (Trump’s AP Interview Reveals Our Unhinged and Unintelligible Commander-in-Chief or saying he didn't think the job of President of the United States would be so hard (Exclusive: Trump says he thought being president would be easier than his old life.

Is that all an acceptable "normal"?

No, here's the problem with that..."normalizing" the non-normal is exactly what Hitler did...I submit the following article in support of that position:

Donald Trump using Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' playbook, says world expert on Nazi leader

President's 'views come out of a playbook written in German' says author — 'the playbook is Mein Kampf'

A leading expert on the Nazi party has said there are similarities between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler. Both men "bluffed" their way into power, confounding an establishment that did not know what to do but normalise them, according to author Ron Rosenbaum.  The Adolf Hitler biographer said he had refused to compare Mr Trump to the Nazi leader during the campaign period for fear of trivialising genocide, but after the election things changed.

“Now Trump and his minions are in the driver’s seat, attempting to pose as respectable participants in American politics, when their views come out of a playbook written in German,” said Mr Rosenbaum, who wrote Explaining Hitler: The Search for the Origins of His Evil.

“The playbook is Mein Kampf.”

“Hitler used the tactics of bluff masterfully, at times giving the impression of being a feckless Chaplinesque clown, at other times a sleeping serpent, at others yet a trustworthy statesman," Mr Rosenbaum said. "The Weimar establishment didn’t know what to do, so they pretended this was normal. They 'normalised' him.” As part of this normalisation — a phenomenon Mr Rosenbaum said also happened with Mr Trump — Hitler and the Nazi party were allowed back onto electoral lists  — in an act of “democracy destroying itself democratically”.

...in an act of “democracy destroying itself democratically”
(Well, with the help and aid of Russia...)

Schewe

« Reply #2501 on: May 04, 2017, 02:01:09 am »

Ridiculous indeed. None of that fits the description. Just fabricated accusations. Try to explain just how are those things misogyny, racism or whatever. If anything, he likes women. Beautiful ones in particular, just like most of humanity, throughout history.

Donald Trump sexism tracker: Every offensive comment in one place

Donald Trump's xenophobia Divide and conquer

Heck, he launched his campaign by saying:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people,” Trump said at his campaign announcement. “But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably— probably— from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.”

Seriously, do you really need to relitigate the litany of Trump's poor behavior and speech? Surely your memory is not that short...

Otto Phocus

« Reply #2502 on: May 04, 2017, 06:16:01 am »

http://www.theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

I would encourage everyone to read this all the way to the end.

The oatmeal is one of my favorites.

This one, while rather long, is worth the read.

I envisioned some of the posters here were depicted in some of the drawings.  ;D
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2503 on: May 04, 2017, 07:11:05 am »

Heck, he launched his campaign by saying...

You keep quoting .... but I am looking for an explanation as to why is that racist... in your own words, not another quote.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2504 on: May 04, 2017, 07:22:13 am »

.... I envisioned some of the posters here were depicted in some of the drawings.  ;D

Yes, who wouldn't be jealous of Jeff's cave? Huge double monitors, triple Thunderbolt drives, quadrophonic music...  ;)

Schewe

« Reply #2505 on: May 04, 2017, 09:44:00 am »

😂

Yep I saw that and laughed...but ya better make sure you don't bring a knife to angun fight when you try to take my cave!

James Clark

« Reply #2506 on: May 04, 2017, 11:23:03 am »

Ridiculous indeed. None of that fits the description. Just fabricated accusations. Try to explain just how are those things misogyny, racism or whatever. If anything, he likes women. Beautiful ones in particular, just like most of humanity, throughout history.

I can't even tell if you're actually being serious.  Claiming an hispanic federal judge, born in Indiana, can't adjudicate impartially because of his heritage?  How is that NOT racist?  It's the definition of racist.  (And it's certainly not fabricated.)   Claiming that illegal immigrants are largely murderers and rapists (not even close to true)... how is that not at a minimum xenophobic, if not racist (since he's not really talking about non-Mexican immigrants in that particular quote). 

As for "liking beautiful women," you know, there's a reason why it's not ok to smack your assistant on the ass anymore while you ask her to "get along and please get me a cup of coffee, sweetie.."  You get that right?  It's not just that his opinion that women want him to "just kiss" without even asking (because he's The Donald) is piggish, crude and disgusting, it also shows an utter disregard and lack of understanding for what those women actually feel/want/think.

I mean, damn.  You *can't* be serious, right?  Racism isn't just guys in white sheets walking down the street with burning crosses, and promoting a female in your company doesn't automagically absolve one of being sexist when one is on record saying that, "...you have to treat [women] like s**t." (Also not fabricated, by the way.) 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:27:23 am by James Clark »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2507 on: May 04, 2017, 11:49:30 am »

... Racism isn't just guys in white sheets walking down the street with burning crosses...

Oh, I do not know... you guys consider not looking people in the eye to be racist these days (also not fabricated), so I really don't know anymore.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2508 on: May 04, 2017, 11:55:03 am »

... Claiming an hispanic federal judge, born in Indiana, can't adjudicate impartially because of his heritage?...

If a judge of that heritage can be better than a white judge, isn't the reverse true as well? In other words, that a judge of that heritage can be worse (i.e., less impartial) than a white judge?

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #2509 on: May 04, 2017, 11:57:20 am »

Oh, I do not know... you guys consider not looking people in the eye to be racist these days (also not fabricated), so I really don't know anymore.
Slobodan, I think you're smart enough to understand, but let me help just to be sure. Not looking somebody in the eye is not racist, the examples James Clark quotes are racist. The difference is quite large.
pieter, aka pegelli

pegelli

« Reply #2510 on: May 04, 2017, 11:58:39 am »

If a judge of that heritage can be better than a white judge, isn't the reverse true as well? In other words, that a judge of that heritage can be worse (i.e., less impartial) than a white judge?
A populist twist, nobody said that a hispanic heritage judge was better then a white judge. You just made that up.
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2511 on: May 04, 2017, 11:59:02 am »

A populist twist, nobody said that judge was better then a white judge. You just made that up.

I did? You sure?

pegelli

« Reply #2512 on: May 04, 2017, 12:01:47 pm »

pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2513 on: May 04, 2017, 12:09:03 pm »

Yep.

"In 2001, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor gave her now famous “wise Latina” speech, during which she reminded a group of University of California Berkeley law students that their personal experiences would enrich the legal system."

Not to mention that she was nominated precisely because she was of that heritage.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2514 on: May 04, 2017, 12:12:09 pm »

Slobodan, I think you're smart enough to understand, but let me help just to be sure. Not looking somebody in the eye is not racist, the examples James Clark quotes are racist. The difference is quite large.

Again, you sure?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-39692673

Avoiding eye contact 'everyday racism'

pegelli

« Reply #2515 on: May 04, 2017, 12:16:28 pm »

Nice quotes and references Slobodan, but can you explain why should I agree with them ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2516 on: May 04, 2017, 12:25:17 pm »

Nice quotes and references Slobodan, but can you explain why should I agree with them ;)

You are right, you may not necessarily agree. But a lot of people on the left do. I am just saying that we do not agree on the definition of racism, therefore we do not agree with qualifications of certain words as such either.

Funny, though, I tend to agree with Sotomayor, up to a point, that certain life experiences can provide a basis for a different perspective. But, as I said, it cuts both ways: if it can be used for better decisions, it can be used for worse decisions as well. Therefore, it can not be described as racist in one instance and applauded (not fabricated) in another.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:01:58 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2517 on: May 04, 2017, 12:52:46 pm »

I can't even tell if you're actually being serious.  Claiming an hispanic federal judge, born in Indiana, can't adjudicate impartially because of his heritage?  How is that NOT racist?  It's the definition of racist.  (And it's certainly not fabricated.)   Claiming that illegal immigrants are largely murderers and rapists (not even close to true)... how is that not at a minimum xenophobic, if not racist (since he's not really talking about non-Mexican immigrants in that particular quote). 

As for "liking beautiful women," you know, there's a reason why it's not ok to smack your assistant on the ass anymore while you ask her to "get along and please get me a cup of coffee, sweetie.."  You get that right?  It's not just that his opinion that women want him to "just kiss" without even asking (because he's The Donald) is piggish, crude and disgusting, it also shows an utter disregard and lack of understanding for what those women actually feel/want/think.

I mean, damn.  You *can't* be serious, right?  Racism isn't just guys in white sheets walking down the street with burning crosses, and promoting a female in your company doesn't automagically absolve one of being sexist when one is on record saying that, "...you have to treat [women] like s**t." (Also not fabricated, by the way.) 

Trump wasn't discriminating against the judge.  He was concerned that the judge would discriminate against him because he said some nasty things about some Latinos.  Discrimination goes both ways.  He was afraid the judge couldn't be fair.   Black people say the Attorney General cannot be fair.  That he'll discriminate.  Are black people racist or do they have a legitimate concern?

If you were a white guy suing a black guy, would you want black or white jurors.  If you wanted white jurors, would you be a racist?If you're  a black guy suing a white guy, would you want black or white jurors?  If you wanted black jurors, would you be a racist?   

This political correctness is getting very hurtful for individuals and for society as a whole.  We've lost the real meaning of racism because it's now being used as a PC weapon to destroy people.  Include misogyny, gay, and all kinds of PC policing.  Of course night show comedians can talk about Trump getting BJ's.  But because it comes from the left, it's OK.  Only the right has to obey PC rules.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2518 on: May 04, 2017, 01:10:16 pm »

Trump wasn't discriminating against the judge.  He was concerned that the judge would discriminate against him because he said some nasty things about some Latinos.  Discrimination goes both ways.  He was afraid the judge couldn't be fair.   Black people say the Attorney General cannot be fair.  That he'll discriminate.  Are black people racist or do they have a legitimate concern?

Doesn't Lady Justice have a blindfold on (and carry a sword and balance) in the USA?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

pegelli

« Reply #2519 on: May 04, 2017, 01:17:18 pm »

You are right, you may not necessarily agree. But a lot of people on the left do. I am just saying that we do not agree on the definition of racism, therefore we do not agree with qualifications of certain words as such either.
Slobodan, let me pop your bubble, not everybody who dislikes Trump is a leftwing liberal. At least I'm not.
I'm also not saying Trump is a racist, he certainly made racist remarks (for instance disqualifying a judge only because of his heritage) but I'm told many times here you can't take everything Trump is saying seriously (or literally) so maybe this is just another case where the gain of the filter between his brains and his mouth was set too low.

pieter, aka pegelli
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 331   Go Up