Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918084 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Trump II
« Reply #2280 on: April 12, 2017, 05:06:55 pm »

90% of the press is biased against Trump. That's just the way it is.  So we're going to have to listen to the Trump bashing ad nauseam.  Of course, he has four more years to get his policies enacted.

And I wonder how much of general population. Not as of election time, but right now.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2281 on: April 12, 2017, 05:34:17 pm »

And I wonder how much of general population. Not as of election time, but right now.

I was referring to the biased press towards his administration.  But since you asked, The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2282 on: April 12, 2017, 05:35:55 pm »

The other 53% probably couldn't find Syria on a map.  :)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2283 on: April 12, 2017, 08:35:24 pm »

90% of the press is biased against Trump.

So, what does that tell you?  Why are they biased?  And please don't say that they just hate him.

James Clark

« Reply #2284 on: April 12, 2017, 09:26:00 pm »

Seriously - the guy is dumb as a box of rocks. From the fake news, liberal, Hillary-loving Wall Street Journal, regarding his meeting with Xi:

He said they hit it off during their first discussion. Mr. Trump said he told his Chinese counterpart he believed Beijing could easily take care of the North Korea threat. Mr. Xi then explained the history of China and Korea, Mr. Trump said.

“After listening for 10 minutes, I realized it’s not so easy,” Mr. Trump recounted. “I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power” over North Korea,” he said. “But it’s not what you would think.”

No kidding?  Really?   Our president is acting like this is some kind of revelation, and proudly "educating" his subjects.  I seriously can't believe anyone thinks this clown is qualified to run, well, anything.  And that's not bias, or liberalism, it's just the fact that, conservative or liberal, the man is an ignorant fool.

Edit:  And you know what?  This is the fundamental problem with Trump and many of his supporters.  They think there are simple, basic, solutions to immeasurably complex problems, and that's just not the way the world works.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:33:16 pm by James Clark »

ppmax2

« Reply #2285 on: April 12, 2017, 09:29:53 pm »

“nobody knew that health care could be so complicated”

James Clark

« Reply #2286 on: April 12, 2017, 09:34:56 pm »

“nobody knew that health care could be so complicated”

Well, I mean, I did.  ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2287 on: April 12, 2017, 09:53:30 pm »

So, what does that tell you?  Why are they biased?  And please don't say that they just hate him.
95% are Democrats and support big government.  But it's not that they're not allowed to have their own beliefs.  It's that their reporting is biased.  Bias should be left on the Editorial Op-Ed pages. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2288 on: April 12, 2017, 09:54:59 pm »

Spring cleaning (of the hard drive)... came across this:

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2289 on: April 12, 2017, 10:05:49 pm »

...This is the fundamental problem with Trump and many of his supporters.  They think there are simple, basic, solutions to immeasurably complex problems, and that's just not the way the world works.
The problem with many people is that they over-complicate many issues to the point they are paralyzed from acting.  Or they act with a lack of decisiveness.  That's what happened to Obama,  and he lost creditability in the world and created a huge power vacuum that's lots of bad actors filled.  Drawing the red line in Syria is one example that created that power vacuum.

One can give numerous and valid reasons why Trump should not have used those missiles.  But he acted and that one act changed the entire feeling about the US throughout the world.  Allies trust us again; enemies fear us again.  The dynamic has flipped 180 degrees. 

I admit he does shoot from the hip.  And that can be dangerous.  But weakness can also be dangerous because it encourages bad actors to do bad things because they see hesitation and confusion in us.  Certainly Trump has a lot to learn about the world.  But he has good advisers in Tiilerson, Mattis and others.  And you don't want to dither and think things to death.  After getting advice on Syria, Trump acted within two days.   

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2290 on: April 12, 2017, 10:07:30 pm »

95% are Democrats and support big government.  But it's not that they're not allowed to have their own beliefs.  It's that their reporting is biased.  Bias should be left on the Editorial Op-Ed pages.

So 90% of the media are letting their personal political leanings interfere with their professional work?  Preposterous.
Some, sure.  But 90%?  That's just silly.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2291 on: April 12, 2017, 10:23:25 pm »

So 90% of the media are letting their personal political leanings interfere with their professional work?  Preposterous.
Some, sure.  But 90%?  That's just silly.
All of the mainstream media including ABC, CBS, NBC, and the national news organs Washington Post and N Y Times, are all biased Liberal and Democrat.  I've been reading and watching all of them for 50 years.  It's actually gotten worse as each tries to satisfy the base customers who are liberal.  Their bias has now become one of corporate strategy.  If they were to change, they would lose their customers. 

I didn't include biased cable because they're not really news but rather talk shows.  But even there, only Fox has conservative leanings.  All the rest like CNN, MSNBC, PBS, lean liberal and support Democrats. 

Farmer

« Reply #2292 on: April 13, 2017, 12:11:44 am »

Spicer was making a comparison.  Assad has been using chemical weapons as bombs on the battlefield.  Hitler didn't use chemical weapons as bombs although he could have.  Your attack on Spicer is just another attempt to delegitimize the Trump administration by calling them names.  Why don't you be honest in your beliefs and just be done with it and say the Spicer and Trump are is worse than Hitler, Genghis Khan, and Tamerlane all combined. 

There. Don't you feel better now?

Except, that's not true. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_warfare#Nazi_Germany

"The Nazis did use chemical weapons in combat on several occasions along the Black Sea, notably in Sevastopol, where they used toxic smoke to force Russian resistance fighters out of caverns below the city, in violation of the 1925 Geneva Protocol.[39] The Nazis also used asphyxiating gas in the catacombs of Odessa in November 1941, following their capture of the city, and in late May 1942 during the Battle of the Kerch Peninsula in eastern Crimea.[39] Victor Israelyan, a Soviet ambassador, reported that the latter incident was perpetrated by the Wehrmacht's Chemical Forces and organized by a special detail of SS troops with the help of a field engineer battalion. Chemical Forces General Ochsner reported to German command in June 1942 that a chemical unit had taken part in the battle.[40] After the battle in mid-May 1942, roughly 3,000 Red Army soldiers and Soviet civilians not evacuated by sea were besieged in a series of caves and tunnels in the nearby Adzhimuskai quarry. After holding out for approximately three months, "poison gas was released into the tunnels, killing all but a few score of the Soviet defenders."[41] Thousands of those killed around Adzhimushk were documented to have been killed by asphyxiation from gas.[40]

In February 1943, German troops stationed in Kuban received a telegram: "Russians should be eventually cleared out of the mountain range with gas."[42] The troops also received two wagons of toxin antidotes.[42]"

So they could have used more, but they did use them.
Phil Brown

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2293 on: April 13, 2017, 01:50:57 am »

But since you asked, The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

Yeah, but that's not the whole story is it?

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll-Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 29% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 43% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -14. Trends

So, the "support" was a combination of "Somewhat Approve" and "Strongly Approve". As the numbers show, only 29% of the responders said they Strongly Approve the job the president is doing...On the downside, a much larger number 43% "Strongly Disapprove" of his job approval.

29% Strongly Approve, 43% Strongly Disapprove–I wouldn't consider that much of  a win.

BTW, Trump's Approval Index of -14 is down a bit from his high of -19 which was on 4-10-17 and 4-4-17 and 4-3-17 and 3-31-17. So, yes, going from a -19 to a -14 is a win I suppose...but on 1-20-17 when sworn in his index was +2 and a 38% Strongly Approve. So, there's a downward trend overall.

Let's compare that with Obama's final job approval...

Date         Approval Index   Strongly Approve   Strongly Disapprove   Total Approve    Total Disapprove
17-Jan-17        +12                      41%                         29%                  62%                 38%

So, ya might want to look a bit closer at numbers when you throw them out. Trump's ratings suck, BIGLY!!!

Say, you know,  that "Strongly Approve" number of 29% sure sounds like the 27% of potential voters that voted for Trump. But here's the thing about those Trump voters that are still strongly supporting Trump, the shit ain't hit the fan yet over just how screwed over those Trump supporters are going to be (the hand writing is already on the wall but it hasn't totally sunk in yet).

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2294 on: April 13, 2017, 04:37:15 am »

After getting advice on Syria, Trump acted within two days.

And what was the role of congress? Aren't they supposed to be involved/informed/consulted in acts of war?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2295 on: April 13, 2017, 06:53:37 am »

And what was the role of congress? Aren't they supposed to be involved/informed/consulted in acts of war?

Cheers,
Bart
Our Constitution is none of your business.  You should be asking why your Dutch leader in the Netherlands is not allowing Dutch citizens to listen to foreign visitors they wish to hear.   

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2296 on: April 13, 2017, 07:02:14 am »

Except, that's not true....
I didn't know that.   I assume Spicer didn't either.   But that doesn't change the fact that the press and other liberal anti Trump commentators were trying to make it seem like Spicer was some sort of Hitler lover.   It was still fake news used to discredited the administration.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2297 on: April 13, 2017, 07:15:12 am »

Yeah, but that's not the whole story is it?

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll-Wednesday, April 12, 2017

So, the "support" was a combination of "Somewhat Approve" and "Strongly Approve". As the numbers show, only 29% of the responders said they Strongly Approve the job the president is doing...On the downside, a much larger number 43% "Strongly Disapprove" of his job approval.

29% Strongly Approve, 43% Strongly Disapprove–I wouldn't consider that much of  a win.

BTW, Trump's Approval Index of -14 is down a bit from his high of -19 which was on 4-10-17 and 4-4-17 and 4-3-17 and 3-31-17. So, yes, going from a -19 to a -14 is a win I suppose...but on 1-20-17 when sworn in his index was +2 and a 38% Strongly Approve. So, there's a downward trend overall.

Let's compare that with Obama's final job approval...

Date         Approval Index   Strongly Approve   Strongly Disapprove   Total Approve    Total Disapprove
17-Jan-17        +12                      41%                         29%                  62%                 38%

So, ya might want to look a bit closer at numbers when you throw them out. Trump's ratings suck, BIGLY!!!

Say, you know,  that "Strongly Approve" number of 29% sure sounds like the 27% of potential voters that voted for Trump. But here's the thing about those Trump voters that are still strongly supporting Trump, the shit ain't hit the fan yet over just how screwed over those Trump supporters are going to be (the hand writing is already on the wall but it hasn't totally sunk in yet).

I hope the poll numbers give you comfort. I believe he  had only an 11% chance of winning the night of the election.   Whatever.  You're still stuck with him for 4 more years.   Maybe 8.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2298 on: April 13, 2017, 07:29:59 am »

... Trump's Approval Index of -14 is down a bit from his high of -19 which was on 4-10-17 and 4-4-17 and 4-3-17 and 3-31-17. So, yes, going from a -19 to a -14 is a win I suppose...but on 1-20-17 when sworn in his index was +2 and a 38% Strongly Approve...

Gee, Jeff, on this forum, the above would be called...pixel-peeping and measurbating  ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #2299 on: April 13, 2017, 07:42:39 am »

Finally, a decisive presidential action:
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 331   Go Up