Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918062 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #1960 on: March 31, 2017, 04:06:02 pm »

The best fuel would be where only one person could produce the complete supply for the entire country.

Huh?

What does that mean?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1961 on: March 31, 2017, 05:22:39 pm »

Meaning a lot of methane?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1962 on: March 31, 2017, 06:12:13 pm »

EPA scientific integrity office reviewing Pruitt's comments on carbon:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-epa-pruitt-carbon-idUSKBN1722SU

"The request by Sierra Club ramps up tension between the U.S. environmental movement and the administration of President Donald Trump, who has called global warming a hoax meant to weaken the U.S. economy and has packed his cabinet with people who question the science of climate change."

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1963 on: March 31, 2017, 10:38:45 pm »

Huh?

What does that mean?
It means that all those 75000 coal miners and 100's of thousands of clean energy workers could be adding other wealth to the economy by doing different work. Or to put it another way, that one guy would be awfully productive doing the same work as all of those coal and clean energy workers combined who wouldn't be needed in the energy field any more.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1964 on: March 31, 2017, 10:52:22 pm »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1965 on: March 31, 2017, 11:11:33 pm »

Sec of State Tillerson warns Germany and Europe regarding 2% and NATO requirements.  Even the NATO chief agrees. The US should move a battalion or even a division from Germany to Poland where they meet the 2%, or better yet rotate it back to the states. Until America takes some concrete action, these countries won't do anything. Once they start staring at the bear by themselves, they'll wake up.   What gets me is how broke Greece can meet the 2% yet the rich nations cannot.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1966 on: April 01, 2017, 12:28:42 am »

Another biased hit job on Trump.

Not so much... The Economist is rated as in the Least Biased by Media Bias/Fact Checking.

So when neutral media is castigating the Trumpster who ya gonna turn to? The Far Right Fox News?

Sad...

Rob C

« Reply #1967 on: April 01, 2017, 05:20:31 am »

Not so much... The Economist is rated as in the Least Biased by Media Bias/Fact Checking.

So when neutral media is castigating the Trumpster who ya gonna turn to? The Far Right Fox News?

Sad...

It's called faith.

It's the same juice fires ISIS. You can't reason with it, regardless of the contradicting evidence the faithful have right under their noses. It's why I gave up trying.

jeremyrh

« Reply #1968 on: April 01, 2017, 05:53:30 am »

It's called faith.

It's the same juice fires ISIS. You can't reason with it, regardless of the contradicting evidence the faithful have right under their noses. It's why I gave up trying.
It's actually quite amusing to observe the Trumpettes desperately pretending that the Small Handed One is really following a deep plan and that everything is under control, when the evidence is clearer every day that it's one giant **** up :-)

Rob C

« Reply #1969 on: April 01, 2017, 06:00:49 am »

Sec of State Tillerson warns Germany and Europe regarding 2% and NATO requirements.  Even the NATO chief agrees. The US should move a battalion or even a division from Germany to Poland where they meet the 2%, or better yet rotate it back to the states. Until America takes some concrete action, these countries won't do anything. Once they start staring at the bear by themselves, they'll wake up.  What gets me is how broke Greece can meet the 2% yet the rich nations cannot.

You see the problem with logic?

Greece simply borrows. She's so indebted already to every international lending service in the world that they suppose that she's going to have to be supported if there's to be even a prayer of their expectation hopes of getting those debts repaid. When you have nothing, you have nothing further to lose, and so the game takes on a different dimension.

That's why debt doesn't bother some people: psychologically, repayment becomes not their problem, but that of the lenders.

jeremyrh

« Reply #1970 on: April 01, 2017, 06:23:57 am »

You see the problem with logic?

Greece simply borrows. She's so indebted already to every international lending service in the world that they suppose that she's going to have to be supported if there's to be even a prayer of their expectation hopes of getting those debts repaid. When you have nothing, you have nothing further to lose, and so the game takes on a different dimension.

That's why debt doesn't bother some people: psychologically, repayment becomes not their problem, but that of the lenders.

More to the point - Greece faces an existential threat from a belligerent and heavily armed neighbour which violates their teriitory on a daily basis, This led them to make the mistake of entering into arms purchases with France and Germany, under circumstances which look extremely strange and have given rise to suspicions (to say the least) of corruption on both sides. The net result is that German savers' money goes to Greece and then directly into the pockets of Siemens etc. (who supply weapons that don't even work). Meanwhile the poor of Greece are expected to pay.

But this is a whole different story. For the 2% thing - it's amazing how much money you can save by not invading far-away countries!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:32:39 am by jeremyrh »

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1971 on: April 01, 2017, 07:23:06 am »

The net result is that German savers' money goes to Greece and then directly into the pockets of Siemens etc. (who supply weapons that don't even work). Meanwhile the poor of Greece are expected to pay.
I was unaware that Siemens are a weapons manufacturer.  Can you tell me what types they make?

jeremyrh

« Reply #1972 on: April 01, 2017, 07:29:09 am »

I was unaware that Siemens are a weapons manufacturer.  Can you tell me what types they make?

Submarines for example.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1973 on: April 01, 2017, 07:42:57 am »

From the newest Spiegel article:

The US President has his own relationship to facts, denies climate change and sees environmental protection as an industrial obstacle. Donald Trump's policy scares many scientists in the US. They are afraid of the attacks on universities, some even from a departure from rationality.

Thanks to the Brexit and Trump's choice, a lot more top scientists are interested in German universities. If foreign scientists leave the country, hopefully this will be a wake-up call for the US. On the other hand, Germany as a science location in Europe will benefit enormously.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1974 on: April 01, 2017, 09:36:20 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/31/as-islamic-extremist-grows-in-latin-america-some-want-trump-to-take-action.html

... As Islam grows in Latin America and the Caribbean, particularly in places like Brazil, Venezuela and Trinidad and Tobago, experts say Islamic radicalization in parts of these regions is growing as well – which is particularly disconcerting because of their proximity to the United States.

Of particular concern is the tri-border region of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay, 800 miles north of Buenos Aires, where the Islamic militant group Hezbollah has set up its most important base outside of Lebanon.

But other threats include Trinidad and Tobago, a small island nation off the coast of Venezuela that has become a breeding ground for ISIS. About 70 of the 100 Latin Americans who have joined ISIS originated from the island nation, which is about 1,600 miles southeast of Florida...

scyth

« Reply #1975 on: April 01, 2017, 10:34:10 am »

Submarines for example.

nope, they don't make submarines... you are confused with Siemens selling some parts to Thyssen Krupp which actually designs and makes u-boats ... if I make a nail and sell it to a somebody who builds a house that does not make me a housebuilder... it does not matter how complicated those Siemens parts are - they are not weapons...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1976 on: April 01, 2017, 10:45:26 am »

nope, they don't make submarines... you are confused with Siemens selling some parts to Thyssen Krupp which actually designs and makes u-boats ... if I make a nail and sell it to a somebody who builds a house that does not make me a housebuilder... it does not matter how complicated those Siemens parts are - they are not weapons...
What kind of parts does Siemens sell them?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1977 on: April 01, 2017, 10:51:40 am »

Not sure about Siemens, but if you need a periscope, Gus-Visionsystems from Lubbecke makes good ones.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1978 on: April 01, 2017, 11:06:51 am »

What kind of parts does Siemens sell them?

Mostly to do with electronics and infrastructure. Here are some links for US DoD contracts with Siemens.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

jeremyrh

« Reply #1979 on: April 01, 2017, 11:10:23 am »

Whatever. The general point is not affected by the name of the company.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 331   Go Up