Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918214 times)

stamper

Re: Trump II
« Reply #1540 on: March 18, 2017, 10:46:10 am »

Glasgow, Scotland 18th March. An anti racist demonstration. Trump got his "blessings"

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1541 on: March 18, 2017, 10:46:34 am »

It would be nice to know who gave the more useful pointers on how to handle Putin... ;)

Cheers,
Bart
You're too serious,  Bart.  Everyone knows that Merkle worked for the KGB.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1542 on: March 18, 2017, 10:50:04 am »

Despite Bannon's libertarian thinking, Trump is very much the NY Liberal Cruz accused him of being during the campaign.  While they're reducing spending on some social programs, Trump wants some form of Obamacare and wants to spend a trillion on infrastructure, both darlings of the liberals.
I sure didn't see this in the proposed budget.  I guess the word didn't filter down from Mar-a-Lago.
I think liberal and Democrats hate him because they lost and the way he presents himself as a boisterous, no nonsense kind of guy. 
No, the real truth is he is a delusional fool who conned a great part of America to get elected.  I certainly never felt like this with Reagan or either of the Bushes who demostrated a level of competence that this guy does not have.  Could you ever imagine Reagan tweeting lies at 4AM?  this is the fundamental problem and nothing else.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #1543 on: March 18, 2017, 10:55:09 am »

I trust you are being flippant here.  As an East German, one would serve in the Stasi rather than KGB.  There is absolutely no evidence that Merkel was a Stasi agent.  She was too busy getting her PhD in quantum chemistry.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #1544 on: March 18, 2017, 11:05:55 am »

Hi,

I am pretty sure AM was sort of into opposition to DDR. If you have not lived in a "people's republic' you don't understand what DDR and CCCP was about. Have you done that, you still don't understand, but you have a better idea…

Best regards
Erik

I trust you are being flippant here.  As an East German, one would serve in the Stasi rather than KGB.  There is absolutely no evidence that Merkel was a Stasi agent.  She was too busy getting her PhD in quantum chemistry.
Erik Kaffehr

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #1545 on: March 18, 2017, 11:12:13 am »

Actually, Angela Merkle at the meeting with Trump with the reporters smiled because she knew that it was she who was spying on Trump.  After Obama, she felt one good turn deserved another.
I think she smiled because she didn't have to shake hands with Trump ;)

Any other sources then FOX that it was Germany and not the UK who helped Obama with the wiretaps?
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1546 on: March 18, 2017, 11:17:23 am »

Yes, I know about the Stasi.  However, she was a secret agent of the KGB while she worked in quantum chemistry.  It was a cover.  The pretty girls the Russians used as hookers to trap people.  That's why she knows so much about Putin.  We learned about that when Obama tapped her phones.  Unfortunately, he doesn't speak German.  So it took awhile to learn about it and get someone in the State Dept to translate the recordings.   Obama's been tapping everyone.  When I got my new 4K smart tv last year, I swear I heard him on its speakers.   I said, "Hello.  Who's there?"   A another person came on who sounded British.  Then another guy came on who spoke Russian.  It seems like everyone's watching my TV.  :)

Larry Heath

« Reply #1547 on: March 18, 2017, 11:19:41 am »

We can go over all the minutia of AGW, Budget, foreign policy and whatnot, but all you really need to know in regard to the trump administration is this. Trump is the marionette whose strings Bannon is pulling. Bannon’s plan is CHAOS!

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1548 on: March 18, 2017, 11:35:10 am »

We can go over all the minutia of AGW, Budget, foreign policy and whatnot, but all you really need to know in regard to the trump administration is this. Trump is the marionette whose strings Bannon is pulling. Bannon’s plan is CHAOS!

That's what Trump meant when he said he would drain the swamp.  He wants to get rid of the elite establishment, hangers-on, and crony capitalism.  Trump said that before Bannon even came aboard.  He's not his marionette.  You're giving Bannon too much credit.  If he gets out of line or becomes a handicap, Trump will summarily fire him in a New York minute just like Flynn and Pudzser.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1549 on: March 18, 2017, 11:41:31 am »

I sure didn't see this in the proposed budget.  I guess the word didn't filter down from Mar-a-Lago.No, the real truth is he is a delusional fool who conned a great part of America to get elected.  I certainly never felt like this with Reagan or either of the Bushes who demostrated a level of competence that this guy does not have.  Could you ever imagine Reagan tweeting lies at 4AM?  this is the fundamental problem and nothing else.
Wasn't it Bush who got us into the disastrous Iraq adventure?  Let's give Trump a chance.  He may surprise you. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1550 on: March 18, 2017, 11:43:00 am »

Oh, and Bush 2 was also responsible for the great recession of 2008.  Some competence.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1551 on: March 18, 2017, 11:59:22 am »

Yes, Texaco funded the Metropolitan Opera broadcasts for a lot of years.  ExxonMobil funded Masterpiece theater.  There are a lot of other examples as well.  However, a lot of the private underwriting money has disappeared in recent years as companies have been under financial stress.  this is probably not the best example as the church was the government at that time.
do you seriously mean the arts broadcasting is political?  Who will televise the Metropolitan Opera and countless other music programs ranging from classical to popular if not PBS.  Who will run documentaries on important photographers such as Dorthea Lange and Margaret Bourke-White except for PBS (I watched both of these and learn things that I did not know.  there are lots of other examples one can site.  The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has an independent board of directors appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.  they also have in place one of the best Ombudsman programs of any news media outlet around.  during my working career I appeared on the PBS Newshour and several NPR news programs and was asked hard hitting questions each time.  I was on two debate programs with responsible adversaries.  I don't think there was political bent to the programs I appeared on.

Obviously Congress can defund these programs but the country will be poorer.  It won't impact the large metro areas since those stations will raise the necessary funding.  However, the rural areas will not be as fortunate in this regard and I suspect the stations will disappear.  the citizens of those regions will no longer have ready access to programming that enriches us all.  Maybe that is how it should be but I'm not on that side of the question.

My heart bleeds for Exxon, Texaco and the Met Opera because they are under financial stress.  I have my own financial stress to deal with as do millions of other taxpayers.  If PBS went away, the taxpayers would save money.  The Met Opera, documentaries, and all those other enriching programs would sell their performances to private cable stations instead of selling them to PBS.  (You don't think they're giving them to PBS for free, do you?)   People interested in watching the Met Opera could then subscribe to those stations from their cable suppliers.  If they want to learn about photography and the rules-of-thirds, let them buy one of Schewe's terrific books. You don't pay for the movies I want to go to see in the theatre.  Why should I pay for Met Opera performances you want to watch that I'm not interested in?

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #1552 on: March 18, 2017, 12:03:11 pm »

Hi,

I am pretty sure AM was sort of into opposition to DDR. If you have not lived in a "people's republic' you don't understand what DDR and CCCP was about. Have you done that, you still don't understand, but you have a better idea…

Best regards
Erik
Best story on her rise to Chancellor:  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/12/01/quiet-german

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #1553 on: March 18, 2017, 12:07:08 pm »

Yes, I know about the Stasi.  However, she was a secret agent of the KGB while she worked in quantum chemistry.  It was a cover. 
Please provide a citation.  I can find nothing in the German press to substantiate this.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1554 on: March 18, 2017, 12:07:53 pm »

Alan, there are several good biography books about Angela Merkel. Get one. Much better reading that some of the stuff in this discussion.
She and Putin understand each other very well. In her young days, she travelled in a rather unconventional way through Soviet Union and Putin spent several years working as KGB agent in East Germany. She speaks Russian and he speaks fluent German. Actually, Putin is pretty good also in English. He can really do anything.

Putin entertaining

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #1555 on: March 18, 2017, 12:14:54 pm »

Let's give Trump a chance.  He may surprise you.
He's already surprising us on an almost daily basis ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1556 on: March 18, 2017, 12:19:22 pm »

He's already surprising us on an almost daily basis ;)

Good one, Pieter!

Ray

« Reply #1557 on: March 18, 2017, 12:36:43 pm »

Weather has become more violent certainly in the Washington DC area with more really bad storms and high winds. 

Weather is always more violent compared to past weather that was less violent.
Weather in this year may be more violent than the weather you remember 10 years ago, but lees violent than the weather you don't remember 20 or 30 years ago.

If you've read my posts you should be aware of an important point on this issue. Whenever there is a claim that a particular weather event is the worst in living memory, or the worst on record, this is found to be usually untrue when the turbulence has settled down and the true, historical records are examined.

If soils do not contain sufficient quantities of certain minerals and micronutrients to accommodate increased growth, then the percentage of such minerals in the final product will be reduced. That's obvious.

If there's no Selenium in the soil, for example, then one should not expect any Selenium to be present in any crop grown in the soil. Basic logic.

I don't see how this is related to CO2 levels.

Let me explain. The fact that increased CO2 levels encourages greater growth of plants, to varying degrees of course, according to the plant species, is a very inconvenient truth for AGW alarmists.

The fact that CO2 might be a tremendous asset for mankind, and help reduce food shortages in undeveloped countries, and be a free fertilizer everywhere, is a disturbing fact for alarmists.

Because the nature of such alarmists is to create alarm, they respond to this fact that CO2 increases plant growth, which can be demonstrated without doubt, by implying that there are negative consequences in terms of reduced nutrients in food that are grown in elevated CO2 levels, which is another scare.

If you search the internet, you will find many reports of this problem, and I've read them because I always try to get both sides of the story.
Basically, if you grow food in the same soil with the same nutrients and the same amount of water, but change only the level of CO2, as in a greenhouse, you will find that a doubling of CO2 in the greenhouse will result in a 30% increase in plant growth, or biomass.
However, when analysing the nutrient value of such food, such as rice, for example, it has been found that the uptake of nutrients by the rice, and the creation of proteins, does not match the total increase in biomass.

In other word, the carbohydrate biomass increase of, say, 30%, may be matched by only a 20% increase in protein and micronutrients. There's still an over all increase in protein and micronutrient compared with the rice grown in lower levels of CO2, but it's not as great as the increase in carbohydrates.

This is useful information for anyone interested in nutrition. However, the solution is not to reduce CO2 levels, at great expense, but to add more minerals to the soil, at less expense. Got it?

stamper

« Reply #1558 on: March 18, 2017, 01:09:03 pm »

Ray why are you prattling on about climate change in a thread about Trump?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1559 on: March 18, 2017, 01:29:38 pm »

G20 financial leaders row back on free trade pledge:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-g20-germany-trade-idUSKBN16P0FN

Well, looks like the beginning of the end of open international trade with the USA is in the making, unless something changes before July next.

Guess the rest of the world will have to concentrate on more reliable partnerships?

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:18:28 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 331   Go Up