Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918077 times)

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Re: Trump II
« Reply #1280 on: March 13, 2017, 07:20:21 pm »

I expect the liberal press to just mention the wiretap and never mention all the Democrat accusations of treason and Russian collusion that will be proven wrong.  They press already knows this truth and have stopped mentioning collusion focusing on the wiretap.  Only Trump haters are fooled.
Alan, there's plenty people reading both sides of the press and come to a different conclusion from yours. To assume the "Trump haters" as you call them are just brainwashed by liberal media and don't look further is as ignorant asassuming all conservatives only get their news from Fox.
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1281 on: March 13, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »

So, where did he call Trump a " traitor" (your word)?
You're playing "gotcha" word game with me just as you played them with Trump with Sweden.  The Democrat Senator and many other Democrats claimed that Trump colluded with a foreign power to influence an election.  If, true, that could put Trump in jail for years after being impeached.  The Senator's implication is that he's a traitor.   

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1282 on: March 13, 2017, 08:39:40 pm »

Can't we all just get along a find a modicum of common ground? ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1283 on: March 13, 2017, 09:17:45 pm »

Just think.  Another four years of debate.  We'll be up to page 34,378.  And no one's mind will be changed. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1284 on: March 14, 2017, 12:16:07 am »

You really can't make this stuff up.

Democrats blame stupidity, ignorance and the lack of proper education for the Trump's win. So, the beginning of this article sounds promising, at least in admitting there is a problem:

At a time when the United States has plummeted in the global rankings of education standards...

then it continues:

...one of the country’s largest states is poised to scrap a test designed to measure the reading and writing skills of people trying to become teachers.

Because...

... an outsized percentage of black and Hispanic candidates were failing the test...

In other words, the test is "racist" because...

... an outsized percentage of black and Hispanic candidates were failing the test...

In spite of the fact that:

...a ruling by a federal judge in 2015 that the test was not discriminatory...

No, really, you can't make this stuff up.

Article here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/13/ny-dropping-teacher-literacy-test-amid-claims-racism.html

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1285 on: March 14, 2017, 01:23:14 am »

You're playing "gotcha" word game with me just as you played them with Trump with Sweden.  The Democrat Senator and many other Democrats claimed that Trump colluded with a foreign power to influence an election.  If, true, that could put Trump in jail for years after being impeached.  The Senator's implication is that he's a traitor.

Oh, ok...you want him to apologize because he IMPLIED that Trump was a "traitor"...he didn't actually call him a traitor, he just implied it...

So, is that the same as Trump "implying" Obama tapped his phones:

"Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

So...I'm playing "gotcha" word games?

Words have meaning, well, ok, unless they come out of Trump's mouth or twitter feed...

Last Week Tonight‘s John Oliver had a really funny segment (yeah, sorry, he's a Brit making fun of Trump on American TV–so what?). He quoted a CNN editor Zachary Wolf saying, in all seriousness, “This is what makes covering Donald Trump so very difficult: what does he mean when he says words?

Zach actually said that out of shear frustration at trying to explain why it is so hard to cover Trump.

So, really Alan, reread what you wrote and tell me if you aren't at least just a little bit embarrassed by your position?

The President of the United States of America, Donald J Trump shouldn't apologize for saying Obama had his "wires tapped" and calling it McCarthyism until Senator Chris Coons apologizes for simply implying Trump might be a traitor...and the fact he walked back his bombshell declaration about transcripts showing Russia-Trump collusion, saying he had no proof such documents exist and apologizing for any “hyperventilating.”

“I have no hard evidence of collusion,” Mr. Coons told “Fox News Sunday.”

He said he was sorry for any misinterpretation of his comments, which blew up on social media after a Friday interview on MSNBC.

So, that ain't good enough for you to maybe conclude that The Orange One might need to eat some crow and take back his accusation a tiny bit?

Pretty sure that's what Spicy was trying to do in todays press briefing...poorly btw.

‘If he’s not joking’: Sean Spicer loses it when NBC reporter asks ‘when can we trust the president?’

“You said, ‘They may have been phony in the past but it’s very real now,'” Alexander said, quoting Spicer’s words back to him. “When should Americans trust the president? Should they trust the president, is it phony or real when he says President Obama was wiretapped?”

“He doesn’t really think that President Obama went up and tapped his phone personally,” Spicer explained. “But there’s no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election. That is a widely reported activity that occurred back then.”

“The president used the word wiretapping,” the press secretary continued, gesturing air quotes, “to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities during that.”

Later:

Alexander replied: “The bottom line is the question is still not answered. Can you say affirmatively that whenever the president says something, we can trust it to be real?”

“If he’s not joking!” Spicer exclaimed.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1286 on: March 14, 2017, 02:04:17 am »

Then there's this...

Democrats question Trump 'conflict of interest' with Deutsche Bank investigation

Senior Democrats on Capitol Hill are calling for a congressional investigation into the justice department’s handling of an ongoing inquiry into Deutsche Bank, saying that Donald Trump had conflicts of interest with the German bank, his biggest creditor.

Maxine Waters, the top Democrat on the House financial services committee, urged her Republican colleagues to launch their own investigation into the nature of Deutsche Bank’s money-laundering scheme, who participated in the arrangement and whether it involved any other violations of US law beyond the failure to maintain anti-money laundering controls.

Deutsche Bank has already been ordered to pay more than $800m (£660m) in fines in the US and UK for failing to stop the improper and corrupt transfer of more than $10bn out of Russia. It is also being investigated by the justice department (DoJ).

Guess who would be heading up any DOJ investigations in NYC?

Preet Bharara, Manhattan’s federal prosecutor who was wait for it...fired on Sat–after actually visiting Trump in Trump Towers and being asked to stay on.

Ironically it was reported that Mr. Bharara’s office was investigating whether Fox News, essentially the propaganda arm of the White House, failed to properly alert its shareholders about settlements with employees who accused the channel’s former boss, Roger Ailes, of sexual harassment.

CNN reports: After firing Preet Bharara, President Trump beware

Trump may have become increasingly wary of Bharara's close relationship with his mentor, US Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York. Bharara served as counsel to the then-Senate minority leader and was rewarded with Schumer's recommendation to President Obama that Bharara should be appointed to the coveted Southern District prosecutorial spot.

The investigation of possible ties between members of the Trump campaign team and Russian officials, and the President's claim that he was wiretapped in Trump Tower on orders of President Obama, will all lead back to the Southern District of New York.

In the end, President Trump has undoubtedly decided that he wants his own pick rather than the choice of Senate adversary Chuck Schumer in place as the top federal prosecutor in New York.

In terminating Bharara, though, the President has created a formidable and charismatic enemy who shares the President's social media skills. Mr. Bharara has now become the first US attorney for the Southern District of New York to announce that he had been fired via Twitter. POTUS beware.

Hum...maybe Trump just got pissed off since Bharara refused to take a call from The Donald...so maybe it wasn't Trump covering his ass(ets), maybe he just had a temper tantrum?

Photo Credit: Glen Reid he said :( Take all you want of any of my shared images! :) FREE! FREE!

Edited to add photo credit

Too much?
:~)

I'll treat Trump with respect the moment he exhibits any...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 02:19:47 am by Schewe »

laughingbear

« Reply #1287 on: March 14, 2017, 03:32:36 am »

Then there's this...

The crux of the matter is that there are "independant monitors" appointed to Deutsche.

Now, it couldn't get more Kafkaesque!

Paul Atkins - Patomak Partners - served on Trump’s transition team and was involved in appointing federal financial regulators.

He is now an independant monitor at DB, and in this position, he is monitoring whether Trump’s business partner complies with the terms of a settlement with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on derivatives reporting.

Sickening!

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #1288 on: March 14, 2017, 05:12:55 am »

Finally, having lost my niece, my sister's only daughter,  to the terrorists on 9-11, I woke up a long time ago and took the cold shower of reality.
I'm truly sorry for your and your sisters loss Alan, no family should go through such an ordeal and I agree we need to go through a lot of effort to stop terrorist killings, especially the ones that fake to be motivated by religion but are simple acts of devilish evil and have nothing to do with the true meaning of any religion.

So my question is why do you let your president get away with implementing an immigration ban that was so badly written that it was overturned before the ink was dry, didn't have a chance of being heard at the supreme court, sowed more hatred against the US in several countries, resulted in many "good guys" not being able to enter the US while it did very little to prevent the "bad guys" continuing to come in (or just staying in). If I were in your situation I'd be in favour of an effective measure and be up in arms against something symbolic and ineffective like this was. And despite his promises there is still no new rule in effect, he's still dragging his feet and diverting attention to other fake (and probably less important) matters like possible collusion with Russia and wire tapping of the Trump tower.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:56:21 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Otto Phocus

« Reply #1289 on: March 14, 2017, 06:44:16 am »

So lemme get this straight.

When Trump said that his campaign was wiretapped, he really did not mean wiretapped.
When Trump said that Obama was behind it, he really did not mean Obama was behind it.

Jus tryin to keep things straight.

And Conway thinks that we can turn microwave ovens into cameras?  but she also says “I’m not in the job of having evidence,”.

I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1290 on: March 14, 2017, 08:02:34 am »

Same as pussy grabbing. First saying that he did it, then saying it was just a talk. Locker room talk.

Or a number of other things. He keeps everybody on their toes.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1291 on: March 14, 2017, 08:33:23 am »

And Conway thinks that we can turn microwave ovens into cameras?  but she also says “I’m not in the job of having evidence,”.

These days they point a laser at a flat surface in a room (like the door of a microwave) and measure the vibrations to detect what is being said.

"I don't understand!"

"It's like wiretapping but without the wire."
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1292 on: March 14, 2017, 08:44:05 am »

The real irony is that Kelly Conway is a lawyer (she clerked for a good friend of our who was a judge on the Washington DC court).  She really should know better but I think it's case of a lot of media training and the fact that she ignores the questions being asked.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1293 on: March 14, 2017, 08:55:01 am »

Oh, ok...you want him to apologize because he IMPLIED that Trump was a "traitor"...he didn't actually call him a traitor, he just implied it...

If it quacks like a duck....and walks like a duck...

Otto Phocus

« Reply #1294 on: March 14, 2017, 09:01:42 am »

The real irony is that Kelly Conway is a lawyer (she clerked for a good friend of our who was a judge on the Washington DC court).  She really should know better but I think it's case of a lot of media training and the fact that she ignores the questions being asked.

Or perhaps she has sold her integrity and become a political stooge. I hope she gets paid a lot of money for after Trump leaves office, that is all she will have left in her life. Kinda sad.

How these stooges, from any party, can look at themselves in the mirror every morning and have any pride in what they are doing.

Perhaps when you become a political stooge, you no longer cast a reflection in the mirror?  ;D
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1295 on: March 14, 2017, 09:04:10 am »

... terrorist killings, especially the ones that fake to be motivated by religion but are simple acts of devilish evil and have nothing to do with the true meaning of any religion...

Dream on.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1296 on: March 14, 2017, 09:06:09 am »

I'm truly sorry for your and your sisters loss Alan, no family should go through such an ordeal and I agree we need to go through a lot of effort to stop terrorist killings, especially the ones that fake to be motivated by religion but are simple acts of devilish evil and have nothing to do with the true meaning of any religion.

So my question is why do you let your president get away with implementing an immigration ban that was so badly written that it was overturned before the ink was dry, didn't have a chance of being heard at the supreme court, sowed more hatred against the US in several countries, resulted in many "good guys" not being able to enter the US while it did very little to prevent the "bad guys" continuing to come in (or just staying in). If I were in your situation I'd be in favour of an effective measure and be up in arms against something symbolic and ineffective like this was. And despite his promises there is still no new rule in effect, he's still dragging his feet and diverting attention to other fake (and probably less important) matters like possible collusion with Russia and wire tapping of the Trump tower.
Thanks for your supportive words regarding my niece.  I agree Trump could have done a better job with the original Executive Order (EO).  He's new to the job but is a quick learner.  His revised EO is fine.  If it only keeps out one terrorist who would blow himself up in a crowded American marketplace, it's worth it. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1298 on: March 14, 2017, 09:36:33 am »

So lemme get this straight.

When Trump said that his campaign was wiretapped, he really did not mean wiretapped.
When Trump said that Obama was behind it, he really did not mean Obama was behind it.

Jus tryin to keep things straight.

No, he means that Obama was using the power of the state and his administration to find out things about him and his campaign to help Hillary and damage Trump.  Certainly his point wasn't that Barack would sneak into the basement at Trump Towers, put on earphones, and clip a recorder to Trump's telephone lines.  The whole thing is a tempest in a teapot all for political purposes on both sides.  We should all be simply shocked.  Shocked, I tell ya.

Look, Trump isn't an English major or an experienced politician who knows or cares what each word means.  He speaks very colloquially.  I suspect he'll get better as time goes on.  In the meanwhile, he speaks in broad, sometimes confusing terms.  But we all know that.  That's who he is.  Instead of the press using good editorial judgment, the liberal media try to find the most base interpretation to try to make him look bad.  Everyday they keep piling on.  Everything is a negative; nothing he does is positive.  Like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", pretty soon no one is going to listen  to the press.  So when he finally does something that is truly "bad", no one is going to pay attention just brushing it aside as another fake, politically motivated hit. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1299 on: March 14, 2017, 09:50:48 am »

So you're going to trust a lawyer? Aren't most politicians lawyers?  You know when you know a politician is lying?  When you see their lips moving. 
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 331   Go Up