Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918363 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #620 on: February 20, 2017, 05:25:46 pm »

All five flat out wrong.

All five are wrong? Are you sure?

Nearly everything Trump says is true?

He doesn't push bigotry and racism?

Trump supporters question what he says and often disagree?

Trump supporters know he's not going to build the wall?

And he treats his followers as though they are educated and smart?

While we may live on the same planet, we live in different realities...

In my reality, Trump is a bad guy doing bad things for bad reasons.

Time will tell...I just hope we don't end up as radioactive dust.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #621 on: February 20, 2017, 05:35:20 pm »

But the major danger is not in terrorist attacks, it is in the Islamization of the Western civilization. Europe is already lost, Trump is trying to save America.

Ah, there it is... Islamophobia. Ironic that we've been fighting against radical Islam terrorists since Thomas Jefferson sent marines to fight the Barbary wars over 200 years ago. Know why marines are called "leather necks"? From the shores of Tripoli ring a bell?

We've been fighting radicalism and fundamentalism ever since America was founded but painting all muslims with the radical tourist brush won't solve anything–it hasn't for over 200 years.

Xenophobia is not a good thing...

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #622 on: February 20, 2017, 05:41:52 pm »

Honestly, if you took a poll of all Americans today, if asked "Would you vote for an administration with a four time bankrupt as head and four ex Goldman Sachs senior executives in charge would you vote for them?

Crazy,
Tom Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #623 on: February 20, 2017, 05:42:31 pm »

The problem, Jeff, in arguing with you, is that you simultaneously fire between five and 25 talking points, or more like blanket statements, each requiring almost their own thread in order to illuminate the issue from all angles, or at least a different angle. You apparently whipped yourself into a frenzy, giving you enough adrenalin to write multiple loooong and angry posts. I can't keep up with that. I am much cooler with what happened. And when I lose in life, I just move on. You seem to be stuck in the fifth stage of grief (shock or disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger). The next is depression, then acceptance. Come to think of it, it seems you (collective "you") skipped the fourth, guilt.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #624 on: February 20, 2017, 05:51:21 pm »

Honestly, if you took a poll of all Americans today, if asked "Would you vote for an administration with a four time bankrupt as head and four ex Goldman Sachs senior executives in charge would you vote for them?

And yet, they are all billionaires. What's not to like about it?

You think I would rather have a guy who never worked a day in his life? Never built something, never created jobs for anyone, never took risks, never learned how to make things work. Someone who made a career of bitching and moaning? I am talking about Bernie Sanders, of course.

Manoli

« Reply #625 on: February 20, 2017, 06:00:45 pm »

Just off the top of my head, the Boston bombers were refugees.

The Tsarnaevs entered the US on tourist visas, in 2002, and later applied for political asylum -  2002 was George Bush's watch - just fyi !

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #626 on: February 20, 2017, 06:06:21 pm »

The Tsarnaevs entered the US on tourist visas, in 2002, and later applied for political asylum -  2002 was George Bush's watch - just fyi !

Which makes them refugees.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #627 on: February 20, 2017, 06:12:58 pm »

What are you talking about!? Just off the top of my head, the Boston bombers were refugees.
Timothy McVeigh was not a refugee, the Columbine killers were not refugees, the Newtown School killer was not a refugee.  This is just nonsense to say we are "protecting" America when there are numerous terrorist in waiting who are not or never have been Muslims at all.  Xenophobia is fine as long as you call it that!!!

But the major danger is not in terrorist attacks, it is in the Islamization of the Western civilization. Europe is already lost, Trump is trying to save America.
Hmmmm, I wonder what my Islamic neighbors think of that statement.  Please do tell me other than Bosnia, what European countries are Islamic.  Trump is trying to save America?????  Please tell me how he plans to achieve this and why America needs saving.  In my eyes, the economy is pretty darn solid, there are lots of jobs available  (maybe in the wrong locations and above the skill levels of lots of the Trump voters left behind but you cannot tell me the BLS numbers are wrong --- Oh wait a minute, those must be Fake Numbers, just as the unemployment numbers are wrong as the President often reminds us --- he actually said that there are 98 million people out of work in this country----Yup, that really is a true fact when you count up the "real" unemployed, along with all the retirees, and those too young to work (thanks to child labor laws) ---and bingo ---true fact there are 98 million people who are it should be properly said "not working")

So please tell me what is there that needs saving.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #628 on: February 20, 2017, 06:15:05 pm »

As for constitutionality, lower courts are not in position to determine that, only the Supreme Court,

Actually, no.  All United States (i.e., federal) courts have the authority — and, in fact, the responsibility when a constitutional challenge is properly presented to them by a party with standing to sue — to determine whether an act by a state or another branch of the federal government is consistent with the Constitution.

The Supreme Court may hear appeals of lower court rulings relating to constitutionality.  The justices typically have discretion to decide whether to do so.  The Court is most likely to consider an appeal to a lower court ruling when there is a discrepancy between the rulings of two or more Circuit Courts of Appeal.

tom b

« Reply #629 on: February 20, 2017, 06:18:55 pm »

You think I would rather have a guy who never worked a day in his life? Never built something, never created jobs for anyone, never took risks, never learned how to make things work. Someone who made a career of bitching and moaning? I am talking about Bernie Sanders, of course.

They also brought the world to the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression. Tell that to your Republican voters. I'm not against billionaires, I'm against business men who screw the global economy, Goldman Sachs did just that.

I just want ethical, successful business men to be in charge of a Republican government. Your argument is so in contrast to what the people who voted for Trump want. They lost their homes, jobs because of the likes of Goldman Sachs executives.

Really,
Tom Brown

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #630 on: February 20, 2017, 06:21:01 pm »

Because they are spinning dross just like their boss.  Gary Cohn (ex-GS president) said the other day that there is a big problem with banks not loaning out money.  Yet, surveys by the small business trade association have consistently stated over the past five years that access to capital is not a major problem for their members.  Furthermore, the banks do not have as much money to loan as they have engaged in stock buy backs (takes money away from loans), excessive senior management compensation (takes money away from loans) and paying out higher dividends to shareholders than is warranted (and yes, I own some bank stocks, and yes it takes money away from making loans).  The billionaires on the cabinet will be judged by their actions on trade policy, tax reform, and truth in budgeting.  I have my fingers crossed but until they start talking the truth and not churning things about false trade wars and the need for a border tax, etc. I remain pessimistic.  If Wilbur Ross, commerce secretary and leveraged buyout billionaire, gets behind eliminating corporate deduction of interest I will salute the flag and thank President Trump for his wisdom.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #631 on: February 20, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »

.. So please tell me what is there that needs saving.

You are all over the place, from mentally ill, to economy and unemployment. Stick to the issue you were quoting me: radical Islamic terrorism.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #632 on: February 20, 2017, 06:25:52 pm »

They also brought the world to the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression. Tell that to your Republican voters. I'm not against billionaires, I'm against business men who screw the global economy, Goldman Sachs did just that.
Yes, and let's remember that Goldman had to convert itself from an Investment Bank to a bank holding company in order to get preferential treatment by the Federal Reserve.  The Fed did not want Goldman or Morgan Stanley to fail in light of what happened the week before with Lehman.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #633 on: February 20, 2017, 06:25:55 pm »

... I just want ethical, successful business men...

Good luck with that.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #634 on: February 20, 2017, 06:26:54 pm »

You are all over the place, from mentally ill, to economy and unemployment. Stick to the issue you were quoting me: radical Islamic terrorism.
Are you calling me mentally ill?  If so let me know RIGHT NOW AND I WILL NOTIFY THE MODS TO SHUT YOU DOWN!!!!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #635 on: February 20, 2017, 06:29:08 pm »

Are you calling me mentally ill?  If so let me know RIGHT NOW AND I WILL NOTIFY THE MODS TO SHUT YOU DOWN!!!!

Calm down and read carefully what I said: your range of topics is: mentally ill (school shooters), economy, unemployment.

Manoli

« Reply #636 on: February 20, 2017, 06:32:29 pm »

Which makes them refugees.

Perhaps in your post-truth version of reality - suggest you try and understand the difference between a refugee and someone seeking political asylum. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #637 on: February 20, 2017, 06:38:38 pm »

Perhaps in your post-truth version of reality - suggest you try and understand the difference between a refugee and someone seeking political asylum. 

I usually check before I state something. But for your education, see the following:

"Asylum seeker" means a person who has applied for asylum under the 1951 Refugee Convention on the Status of Refugees on the ground that if he is returned to his country of origin he has a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, political belief or membership of a particular social group. He remains an asylum seeker for so long as his application or an appeal against refusal of his application is pending.

"Refugee" in this context means an asylum seeker whose application has been successful. In its broader context it means a person fleeing e.g. civil war or natural disaster but not necessarily fearing persecution as defined by the 1951 Refugee Convention.

Source: https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/70

Therefore, in the broader sense, in which you use the term, those fleeing wars are refugees, but those successful asylum seekers just as well.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #638 on: February 20, 2017, 06:39:54 pm »

Calm down and read carefully what I said: your range of topics is: mentally ill (school shooters), economy, unemployment.
I'm out of this discussion, xenophobia is not my cup of tea.

tom b

« Reply #639 on: February 20, 2017, 06:57:20 pm »

Good luck with that.

And that is why the world is up in arms about the Trump government.

Americans, please don't screw my retirement further, you've already done it once.

Cheers,
Tom Brown
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 331   Go Up