Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918505 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Trump II
« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2017, 07:43:15 pm »

You totally missed his point, just like the biased media.  You didn't hear, or frankly listen, to the rest of his point which included other countries and cities like Paris, Nice etc where there had been terrorist attacks.  You only heard Sweden where he may have gotten wrong information.  But you didn't hear his complete point that it was Europe letting in these Muslim refugees that allowed the climate for terrorist attacks to occur in Europe.  Trump didn't want to make the same mistake as Europe.  That's the point he was making.  Trump's dumb, "flyover country, knuckle dragging supporters" however, got it!

Well, they got it mostly wrong.

The attacks that did take place, were mostly perpetrated by radicalized nationals (homegrown terrorists) and not refugees. Not that it's a contest, but more people die in the USA by gun violence among citizens (84 people killed and 190 injured in the last 72 hours as of this writing) than by refugees.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:55:27 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2017, 08:01:32 pm »

...he does it all the time.  He constantly does it...

Correct. At some point you'd expect people to accept that that's the way he speaks, that's his personality, broad-brush, big picture, intuitive. Or they can keep taking him literally and deliberately misinterpreting the context.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2017, 08:02:31 pm »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2017, 09:37:08 pm »

Sorry, Alan, but PotUS really doesn't get to keep making mistakes.  His commentary was unclear and without clear intent or meaning.  Its his job to communicate effectively, without the need for constant clarification and apologists.

If this was a rare thing, to misspeak, to forget to say "Last night's documentary on Fox about Sweden", it wouldn't be an issue and a smart guy would have apologised, laughed at his mistake, and played along with some of the silly things people are mentioning about what happened last night in Sweden.  But he does it all the time.  He constantly does it.  He's not used to people checking what he says is actually true and accurate and instead of fixing the problem, he blames the media.  I know, I know, you'll say it's all being twisted.  You know what?  It's his job to make sure that what he says can't be twisted.  He's not getting a harder time than any other leader, he's just not learning very quickly.

Everyone got the point he was making, but they aren't going to let him keep saying things incorrectly.  Again, it's his job to get it right, all the time.

If the liberal news media did not hate Trump so much and stopped playing "gotcha" politics, they would have said, "Although Trump appears to have the facts about Sweden wrong, he again made his point that he's opposed to letting in Muslim refugees to America as they have in Europe.  He expressed that he fears the same terrorism he said is occurring in Nice, Paris and other cities in Europe would happen here."

Now that would be refreshing, honest and responsible news reporting. 

Instead we get this headline, "Trump falsely accuses Sweden of terror that hasn't happened.  Gets his facts wrong again." 

His main concern is not even mentioned.  That's the essence of "fake news".  And his supporters understand the game that's being played.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2017, 10:27:35 pm »

If the liberal news media did not hate Trump so much and stopped playing "gotcha" politics, they would have said, "Although Trump appears to have the facts about Sweden wrong, he again made his point that he's opposed to letting in Muslim refugees to America as they have in Europe.  He expressed that he fears the same terrorism he said is occurring in Nice, Paris and other cities in Europe would happen here."

Now that would be refreshing, honest and responsible news reporting. 

Instead we get this headline, "Trump falsely accuses Sweden of terror that hasn't happened.  Gets his facts wrong again." 

Alan,

Do really believe what you write?

Everybody knows that Trump thinks that immigrants pose a security threat and that's why he has proposed an illegal law preventing their entry. That isn't news. We could debate for years about the relevance, knowing that most perpetrators recently were not immigrants but people who were born in the country where they committed their horrible acts.

But to the point, there is no way that not reminding Trump's intend in every article shows a lack of objectivity. The news is clearly that he feels the need to invent new facts when real ones aren't supportive enough of his claims.

That reminds me of the blatant lies that supported the war in Irak... that itself is the real root cause of the terrorism in Europe.

See a trend?... Fake news/lies that have huge consequences in the long run. The problem is that the president of the USA lies to the public to support his ignorant and short sighted agendas.

If you tried to be objective, what would you disagree with in what I write here?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:54:55 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2017, 11:00:39 pm »

Alan,

Do really believe what you write?

Everybody knows that Trump thinks that immigrantes pose a security threat and that's why he has proposed an illegal law preventing their entry. That isn't news. We could debate for years about the relevance, knowing that most perpetrators recently were not immigrants but people who were born in the country where they committed their horrible acts.

But to the point, there is no way that not reminding Trump's intend in every article shows a lack of objectivity. The news is clearly that he feels the need to invent new ones when facts aren't supportive enough of his claims.

That reminds me of the blatant lies that supported the war in Irak... that itself is the real root cause of the terrorism in Europe.

See a trend?... Fake news/lies that have huge consequences in the long run. The problem is that the president of the USA lies to the public to support his ignorant and short sighted agendas.

If you tried to be objective, what would you disagree with in what I write here?

Cheers,
Bernard

Apparently Trump has been reading similar news articles on how there is more Muslim migrant crime in Sweden.  Of course the Swedish government doesn';t want to own up to it because it would make them look bad to their voters for letting the migrants in.  So in addition to not wanting terrorism like Europe has, Trump also doesn't want that associate "normal" crime caused by the migration.  Seems like he got it right.  I guess we'll have to wait for an actual terrorist crime in Sweden to confirm his mistake.  In the meanwhile, read my previous post.  This is all "gotcha" news perpetrated by a biased press.  If it was anyone else, Sweden wouldn't even be mentioned.  It's a non-story.   The biased press did the same thing with Reagan.  He's losing it. Etc.  And I', old enough to remember the liberal press did the same thing with President Eisenhower in the 50's.  He would sometimes flub his words in news conferences all the time and forget his point in the middle of making a statement.  They would tear him down to make him look incompetent.  But he won a second term anyway because the people saw through it.

http://www.infowars.com/second-swedish-police-officer-blows-the-whistle-on-migrant-crime-cover-up/

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12466/how-muslim-migration-made-malmo-sweden-crime-michael-qazvini

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/19/trumps-sweden-comment-referred-to-rising-white-house-says

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2017, 11:07:59 pm »

Apparently Trump has been reading similar news articles on how there is more Muslim migrant crime in Sweden.  Of course the Swedish government doesn';t want to own up to it because it would make them look bad to their voters for letting the migrants in.  So in addition to not wanting terrorism like Europe has, Trump also doesn't want that associate "normal" crime caused by the migration.  Seems like he got it right.  I guess we'll have to wait for an actual terrorist crime in Sweden to confirm his mistake.  In the meanwhile, read my previous post.  This is all "gotcha" news perpetrated by a biased press.  If it was anyone else, Sweden wouldn't even be mentioned.  It's a non-story.   The biased press did the same thing with Reagan.  He's losing it. Etc.  And I', old enough to remember the liberal press did the same thing with President Eisenhower in the 50's.  He would sometimes flub his words in news conferences all the time and forget his point in the middle of making a statement.  They would tear him down to make him look incompetent. 

Houston we have a problem.

Trump isn't anyone else, he is the president of one of the most powerful countries in the world.

Nobody would have a problem with him deforming facts about Sweden if he were doing it in his talk show.

Cheers,
Bernard

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2017, 11:19:33 pm »

Houston we have a problem.

Trump isn't anyone else, he is the president of one of the most powerful countries in the world.

Nobody would have a problem with him deforming facts about Sweden if he were doing it in his talk show.

Cheers,
Bernard

Another Trump jokester.  Fortunately, you can't vote. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2017, 11:45:55 pm »

... most perpetrators recently were not immigrants but people who were born in the country....

Whose parents were immigrants. Same difference. The new immigrants just have not had their chance...yet.

Petrus

« Reply #549 on: February 20, 2017, 12:59:45 am »

Trump knows, his ancestors emigrated from Sweden.

Oh, that was actually a lie...

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #550 on: February 20, 2017, 01:14:38 am »

Apparently Trump has been reading similar news articles on how there is more Muslim migrant crime in Sweden.  Of course the Swedish government doesn';t want to own up to it because it would make them look bad to their voters for letting the migrants in.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/19/trumps-sweden-comment-referred-to-rising-white-house-says

Wow, if you are gonna link to an article, ya might wanna read it to make sure it says what you think it says...

"On Friday night, the Fox News host Tucker Carlson presented a segment with the film-maker Ami Horowitz, who claims that the migrants Sweden has accepted are linked to crime.

“Sweden had its first terrorist Islamic attack not that long ago, so they’re now getting a taste of what we’ve been seeing across Europe already,” Horowitz claimed, without specifying what attack he was alluding to. “They oftentimes try to cover up some of these crimes.”

Sweden suffered a suicide bombing by an Iraqi-born Swedish citizen in Stockholm in 2010, a year before civil wars began in Syria and Libya and unrest across the Middle East pushed millions of people to flee their homes, many into Europe. Crime rates in Sweden have changed little over the last 10 years, according to the 2016 Swedish Crime Survey.

Sweden’s foreign minister, Margot Wallstrom, tweeted a link observing that “post-truth” was named word of the year by Oxford Dictionaries in 2016.

She also tweeted an excerpt of a speech she gave in parliament last week. “Both functioning democracy and constructive cooperation between states require us to speak with, and not about, each other, to honour agreements and to allow ideas to compete,” Wallstrom said. “They also require us to respect science, facts and the media, and to acknowledge each other’s wisdom.”

So, it seems that the real #FAKE NEWS story was the one that Fox News host Tucker Carlson did on Fox that Trump ended up seeing...which doesn't bode well for America's foreign policy being determined when Trump watches too much Fox News...

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #551 on: February 20, 2017, 01:56:54 am »

Apparently some Trump supporters are now claiming a Swedish cover-up of a terrorist attack. Clearly some are as stupid as he is.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #552 on: February 20, 2017, 01:58:44 am »

Correct. At some point you'd expect people to accept that that's the way he speaks, that's his personality, broad-brush, big picture, intuitive. Or they can keep taking him literally and deliberately misinterpreting the context.

So, you are saying that I really can't listen to what Trump says to understand what he actually means? Huh? Are you seriously telling me to not listen to what he says and just watch his hand waving and promises to Make America Great Again but not actually try to understand what Trump is talking about?

Wow, you are starting to sound like Kellyann Conway on New Day “Why is everything taken at face value? You can’t give him the benefit of the doubt on this and he’s telling you what was in his heart, you always want to go with what’s come out of his mouth rather than look at what’s in his heart.

That reminds me of a recent column from out home town newspaper, the Chicago Tribune ( suppose they fall under the #FAKE NEWS category too huh?) by Rex Huppke-Contact Reporter. Translating Trump's words into English.

In the column he says: If you watched President Donald Trump's most recent news conference, you may have reached a point midway through when you thought: "That's strange, I don't recall buying a one-way ticket to Crazytown."

Don't be alarmed. That's a perfectly normal reaction, as most Americans are what I call "Trump-illiterate." They hear words coming out of the president's mouth but have no clue what those words actually mean.

So, I guess Trump is speaking his own dialect of English called Trumpglish I'll copy the definition if ya want. urbandictionary.com defines Trumpglish as: "An American English dialect, evasive and insulting in nature, primarily used in situations where eloquent and rational answer is not in the person's vocabulary and to deviate, distract and deceive from real and honest commitment. Exclusively used by con men and unqualified billionaire presidential candidates at this time.
Instead of admitting you are clueless, one can use Trumpglish to offer an evasive answer get out the situation."

Actually, if ya wanna a good laugh, check out the other Trump'isms on the list on the side...I like Trumphatige: "A state of exaustion created by endless being subjected to new words stemming from the root word, Trump.
Bro, my brain just can't keep up with all the new Trump words. I think I'm suffering from Trumphatige
".

Ok...I guess I'll just have to quit listening to Trump...ya know, actually I think that's a really healthy idea!

Manoli

« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2017, 03:01:23 am »

Whose parents were immigrants. Same difference. The new immigrants just have not had their chance...yet.

So, on that basis, that makes you and your daughter .. what ?

laughingbear

« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2017, 03:25:00 am »

Trying to understand the social divide, and who really benefits from it, I come to think that the political reactionary forces that cast a shadow over the world as we speak are only the introduction of what is to come.

Americas economic system functions to make the existing money dynasty even richer. This I believe is a part of what motivated Trump votes, despite the ironic fact that Trump is member of this dynasty. Further the economic side of things functions by a long list of hot and cold wars that creates the ever higher profits for the entitled class in the US.

Currently ths US bullies nations into higher military spending, with little to zero resistance from the nations bullied.

Military state expenditures are the number one source for ridiculously high profits, and to keep them gushing forth, new theaters of war are urgently required, and the Mattis rhetoric on Iran leaves no doubts on the agenda in my mind.

I don't know how the war mongerers and profiteers can be stopped in their tracks and I find it too obvious what is coming down the pipe if the trend continues, sadly.

Petrus

« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2017, 04:35:26 am »

At least the US has coloured president again, cheese curl type this time.

stamper

« Reply #556 on: February 20, 2017, 05:42:19 am »

There are some who think that he will change and turn back on what he campaigned on because the issues he raised were "extreme" and softer approach will be better? The problem is his critics will become more critical and his supporters will feel betrayed. He believes totally in himself so when the cliff edge appears he will go right over rather than pull back. His Republican colleges will be unable to stop him and go over the cliff with him??? If they manage to stop him he will become a martyr and turn on them blaming them for his failures. The US has huge problems ahead, not with the rest of the world but with someone with a huge ego who is only interested in his "world"

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #557 on: February 20, 2017, 06:06:25 am »

So, on that basis, that makes you and your daughter .. what ?

Let's not get personal. Afterall, all Americans except the native Indians, Yupik, and Hawaiʻi Maoli, are basically immigrants.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:33:04 am by BartvanderWolf »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #558 on: February 20, 2017, 06:20:55 am »

There are some who think that he will change and turn back on what he campaigned on because the issues he raised were "extreme" and softer approach will be better? The problem is his critics will become more critical and his supporters will feel betrayed. He believes totally in himself so when the cliff edge appears he will go right over rather than pull back.

Or as we used to say when our multinational corporation kept on heading for bankrupcy, despite our warnings:
Last year we were at the edge of the ravine, this year we're taking a giant step forward ...

It would be funny if it was not so serious. Trump is incapable of learning from his mistakes because he thinks he doesn't make mistakes. So it will only get worse.

Cheers,
Bart

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #559 on: February 20, 2017, 06:34:11 am »

"Point in fact, Trump just barely won. If not for about 80K voters in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania that gave Trump the electoral votes required to win, Hillary would be President now"

Thank God for the Electoral College, otherwise, we would have the lying and corrupt Clinton family enabled to continue their self-enrichment program at the expense of Americans while further degrading America in the eyes of the world and our citizens.

Maybe if the alt-left press would give him a chance and stop inventing mistruths about his agenda and personality, we might realize that he is going to move us forward and strengthen our standing in the world as the Republic we are.

Cheers,
Bud
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 331   Go Up