Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918323 times)

jeremyrh

Re: Trump II
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2017, 07:09:44 am »

From https://forwardprogressives.com (yeah, ok it's a leftwing progressive site) comes this: At This Point, If You’re Still a Donald Trump Supporter, Here’s What You Really Are. It contains a list of things to remember about Trump:

This is a man who’s:

Mocked a man with disabilities.

Attacked the parents of a fallen American hero.

Belittled POWs and the war record of Sen. John McCain.

Lied about how much money he raised for veterans.

Called a former Miss Universe “disgusting” and fat, telling his Twitter followers to find her non-existent sex tape.

Accused an American-born federal judge of being unfit to do his job because of his Mexican heritage.

Likely avoided paying taxes for nearly two decades.

Called most Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals, even though that’s not remotely factual.

Lied about seeing “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on 9/11.

Lied about getting a letter from the NFL complaining about the debate schedule.

Tried to exploit the death of an African American woman in Chicago to say that’s why black voters will support him.

Found the “bright side” to tragedies because his poll numbers tend to go up.

Settled with the Department of Justice after his company was found guilty of racially discriminating against minorities.

Has cheated on at least one wife.

Was just discovered on video admitting that he not only tried to cheat on his current wife, but he attempted to do so with another married woman.

Had his first wife publicly say that he did nothing when it came to raising their children until they were old enough to talk business.

Tweeted that women should have expected to be sexually assaulted when they mixed males and females together in the military.
Said he wants to target the families of terrorists.

Stated that he wants to ban an entire religion.

Praised a Russian president who obviously hates the U.S. and Americans.

Encouraged the Russian government to commit espionage against Americans.

Insinuated that another Republican’s wife was ugly.

Tried to implicate another Republican’s father in JFK’s assassination.

Sought out the help of former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes after he was fired following multiple allegations that he had sexually harassed women for years.

Made Breitbart’s Steve Bannon one of his top campaign people.

Had a former campaign manager abruptly resign after a report came out linking him to pro-Russian groups that were directly trying to undermine U.S. policy in eastern Europe.

Called Carly Fiornia ugly.

Has said climate change was a hoax created by the Chinese — then denied saying it.

Was a leading conspiracy theorist when it came to the racist-driven birther conspiracies against President Obama.

Dismissed nearly eight years of accusing the president of not being an American with a less than 30 second statement where he didn’t apologize for any of it.

Tried to blame Hillary Clinton for his racism.

Re-tweeted anti-African American propaganda created by a white supremacy group.

Played dumb about knowing who former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke was.

Skipped a presidential debate because he was scared of a moderator.

Has, on several occasions, suggested he finds his daughter attractive.

Called a husband doing things like changing diapers and helping with the children, a man “trying to be the wife.”

Has said he wants more countries to have nuclear weapons.

Said he can’t release his tax returns because they’re currently being audited — even though the IRS said that’s a lie.

Feels he has the right to sexually assault women.

Too bad becoming President of the United States of America hasn't changed him...if anything he's becoming worse since his words carry the weight of the office.

Edited to correct typo.

Yes, but apart from that ? :-)

Anyway - we are reliably informed that he will make America great.

jeremyrh

« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2017, 07:24:17 am »

America's been The Great Satan since the Iranian mullahs overthrew the Shah 40 years ago. Since then, we've spent trillions of dollars and huge pools of American civilian and military blood.  The mess in the Middle East though started by Bush and his predecessors, was unleashed by Obama's weakness when he left Iraq without no American military force to keep the lid on.  The vacuum created was filled by ISIS, Russian arms and expansion, Iranian expansion adventures, Turkish dreams, and millions of Muslim refugees many of whom now occupy Europe trying to establish Sharia law in Berlin and Paris and the rest of the world by blowing themselves up in crowded shopping centers.  We should all pray that Trump does better.   Frankly, our concern should be that he will put American interests at home first and end many of the foreign entanglements President Washington warned us against.  Without America power, all the crazies will come out and test the vacuum with more blood and gore.  Would you prefer Russians or Chinese or Iranians to keep the lid on?

Interesting take on history. Keeping the lid on does not seem to be a great idea judging by current progress - how many more tens of thousands need to die? What we need is to turn off the gas, not mess around with lids. The current disaster seems to have been created by the mistake of going into Iraq under the impression that once Saddam was gone everything would be beautiful and people would love each other - including the humiliated Republican Guard who were not incorporated into plans for the future and now form the basis of ISIS, along with the Ba'athist organisation. Into that mess steps Trump's new best buddy, nice and kind Mr Putin, applying the same tactics that served so well in Grozny - levelling cities regardless of the toll on civilian casualties. No wonder there is a refugee problem.

In this context we have Trump opening his flap to stoke up Muslim hatred with his travel ban, and the endless US support for Israel's excesses. What could possibly go wrong?

jeremyrh

« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2017, 07:25:20 am »

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Saying that voter fraud is negligible because very few cases are documented or prosecuted is the same as saying the amount of drug trafficking should be judged by the number of caught drug traffickers.

I enjoy looking at your photos, Slobodan.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2017, 08:00:58 am »

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Saying that voter fraud is negligible because very few cases are documented or prosecuted is the same as saying the amount of drug trafficking should be judged by the number of caught drug traffickers.

I agree, so let's have an investigation. If not, then why not if there is any truth to it? Millions of fraudsters should be a piece of cake to prove, even if you miss a few.

However, it is also known that Trump just likes saying things that his electorate likes to hear, and here is why ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Analytica

Which has turned the elections into more of a social IQ-test.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2017, 08:15:32 am »

By arguing there is no voter fraud and you should just believe that because we say so, just encourages more suspicion.  Investigating and proving there is no voter fraud would do  good things.  It would appease Republican concerns and bust their arguments for voter ID requirements as having no value.  This would make it easier for Democrats to push voter registration without the encumbrances of additional regulation, one of their pet projects.
Almost all the secretaries of state who oversee voting (many of whom are Republicans) have already stated that they did not see any signs of voter fraud in November's election.  The few cases that were documented came from several Trump voters who voted twice. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2017, 08:41:12 am »

Jeff, peddling the left-wing nuts list of straw-man arguments (forward progressives!? - are there backward ones? - hmmm...come to think if it...) isn't going to strengthen your case.

Ray

« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2017, 08:43:21 am »

This is a man who’s:

Mocked a man with disabilities.

Jeff,
I'm not familiar with the details and facts behind all these very negative aspersions you've listed about Donald Trump's character. However the first event you listed, the mocking of a disabled reporter, is something I heard about for the first time when listening to Meryl Streep's Golden Globe speech recently, in which she became very emotional when describing that event where Trump flailed his arms around as though he was imitating someone with disabled arms.

I was a bit surprised that even Trump would have shown such extreme insensitivity, so I did an internet search, looking at a number of sites, to find out the background and the context of this apparent mocking of a disabled reporter.

The impression I get is that he did not mock the disabled reporter. It's a concoction by the media.

Trumps flailing arms during this incident were apparently much the same as they have been when he disagrees with anyone, when making a speech.
The following site goes into great detail and presents a convincing case.

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2017, 08:43:38 am »

I enjoy looking at your photos, Slobodan.

:)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #308 on: February 12, 2017, 08:47:47 am »

Thanks, Ray. As I said, "mocking" is just one of the many straw-man arguments being peddled.

Manoli

« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2017, 09:52:58 am »

Jeff, peddling the left-wing nuts list of straw-man arguments (forward progressives!? ... isn't going to strengthen your case.

.. the first event you listed, the mocking of a disabled reporter, is something I heard about for the first time when listening to Meryl Streep's Golden Globe speech

Is that the best you both can do ?
Leaving aside 'intent' on the reporter issue, - here are just a few of the unambiguous ones:

• Attacked the parents of a fallen American hero.
  • Belittled POWs and the war record of Sen. John McCain.
  • Lied about how much money he raised for veterans.
  • Lied about seeing “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on 9/11.
  • Was a leading conspiracy theorist when it came to the racist-driven birther conspiracies against President Obama.
  • Dismissed nearly eight years of accusing the president of not being an American with a less than 30 second statement where he didn’t apologize for any of it.
And add to the above another smoking gun : "significant, wilful and repeated violations of the BSA" - aka money laundering -

multiple instances and currency reporting violations
failing to report suspicious transactions,
failing to properly file transaction reports,
failing to keep appropriate records

and it's ongoing
Dirty money: Trump and the Kazakh connection

I could easily go on ..

Edit:
Almost forgot :
  • Dismissed the Acting Attorney General for upholding the Constitution ... :~)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:12:31 am by Manoli »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2017, 10:27:30 am »

I am sure, Manoli, that repeating and repeating the left's spin will make it "true" some day. It already did for many of you already, apparently.

Manoli

« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2017, 10:43:16 am »

Slobodan, I wasn't aware that the Financial Crimes section of the US Treasury is now classified as 'spin'. Live and learn , I guess :~)

James Clark

« Reply #312 on: February 12, 2017, 10:44:43 am »

I am sure, Manoli, that repeating and repeating the left's spin will make it "true" some day. It already did for many of you already, apparently.

Oh, the irony.

Seriously though, do you actually believe that there were 3 million illegal votes in CA for HRC and 3000 in NH for HRC, and zero, respectively, for DJT in those same locations.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #313 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:38 am »

Slobodan, do you think President Trump is an honest person?  I would like a serious answer and not a quip.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #314 on: February 12, 2017, 11:22:28 am »

I think the right seems to be spinning more successfully these days ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

jeremyrh

« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2017, 11:26:45 am »

Jeff,
I'm not familiar with the details and facts behind all these very negative aspersions you've listed about Donald Trump's character. However the first event you listed, the mocking of a disabled reporter, is something I heard about for the first time when listening to Meryl Streep's Golden Globe speech recently, in which she became very emotional when describing that event where Trump flailed his arms around as though he was imitating someone with disabled arms.

I was a bit surprised that even Trump would have shown such extreme insensitivity, so I did an internet search, looking at a number of sites, to find out the background and the context of this apparent mocking of a disabled reporter.

The impression I get is that he did not mock the disabled reporter. It's a concoction by the media.

Trumps flailing arms during this incident were apparently much the same as they have been when he disagrees with anyone, when making a speech.
The following site goes into great detail and presents a convincing case.

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/

Ray - that article has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum. It's from a much-less-than-objective source, and does nothing to counter the obvious fact that Trump did exactly what he is accused doing. The man is an embarrassment to the USA, and you do yourself no favours by making desperate excuses for him.

scyth

« Reply #316 on: February 12, 2017, 11:47:57 am »

• Belittled POWs and the war record of Sen. John McCain.

so pilots who bombed aleppo were bad guys and mccain who bombed hanoi was a hero  ;D

scyth

« Reply #317 on: February 12, 2017, 11:51:08 am »

Into that mess steps Trump's new best buddy, nice and kind Mr Putin, applying the same tactics that served so well in Grozny - levelling cities regardless of the toll on civilian casualties.

and that was taken from American and British playbooks - leveling Dresden and nuking couple of towns in Japan  ;D ... give the credit where it belongs to

pegelli

« Reply #318 on: February 12, 2017, 11:54:06 am »

so pilots who bombed aleppo were bad guys and mccain who bombed hanoi was a hero  ;D
Depends who wrote (or will write) the history books on the subject ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

pegelli

« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2017, 11:55:34 am »

and that was taken from American and British playbooks - leveling Dresden and nuking couple of towns in Japan  ;D ... give the credit where it belongs to
They all got that trick from some Germans, remember Rotterdam and London in the early 1940's? And I'm sure there are earlier examples that might spring to mind as well.
pieter, aka pegelli
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 331   Go Up