Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 915315 times)

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Re: Trump II
« Reply #6600 on: October 04, 2017, 02:43:58 am »

No one forces anyone to stand.  If they choose to not stand, that's their freedom of speech.  But others who also have freedom of speech.  They can speak their minds if they find that action disrespectful to the flag and country.  Both sides can do what they want.  That's different than forcing people to remove their religious garb as happens in Europe.  In that case, someone's right of free speech is being taken away.   
Nobody is forced to remove their religious garb, only nobody is allowed to cover their face completely, religious garb or otherwise.

If you're so hung up on free speech why isn't someone allowed to walk naked in the streets in the US, that's free speech too  :P
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6601 on: October 04, 2017, 03:01:43 am »

Nobody is forced to remove their religious garb, only nobody is allowed to cover their face completely, religious garb or otherwise.

If you're so hung up on free speech why isn't someone allowed to walk naked in the streets in the US, that's free speech too  :P

Actually, they are. Check the Times Square in NY any day. I was once in Washington DC, middle of the day, around the obelisk, filled with tourists, when a young couple casually strolled by, the girl with beautiful bare breasts.

pegelli

« Reply #6602 on: October 04, 2017, 03:08:30 am »

Actually, they are. Check the Times Square in NY any day. I was once in Washington DC, middle of the day, around the obelisk, filled with tourists, when a young couple casually strolled by, the girl with beautiful bare breasts.
Slobodan, as a former European I had expected you to know the difference between topless and naked.  :P
pieter, aka pegelli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6603 on: October 04, 2017, 03:26:24 am »

Pieter, as a current European, i am sure you know that women in Europe these days can not walk around even fully dressed, in winter attire, without being groped and assaulted en masse in public places, let alone topless  :P

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #6604 on: October 04, 2017, 05:50:11 am »

In Europe, especially in Eastern Europe, even some politicians are not afraid to show their bare chests.

pegelli

« Reply #6605 on: October 04, 2017, 07:08:47 am »

Pieter, as a current European, i am sure you know that women in Europe these days can not walk around even fully dressed, in winter attire, without being groped and assaulted en masse in public places, let alone topless  :P
I know the one incident you're referring to, but in the end I'm sure most women prefer the treatment they got there vs. being shot like in Las Vegas ;)
It's clear you haven't visited us for a long time, come see our beaches in summer. Female attire there would be judged "scandalous" and "unfit to be seen by children" in prude US and they would probably be arrested. So much for "free speech" on the other side of the scale. 
pieter, aka pegelli

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6606 on: October 04, 2017, 07:41:23 am »

Slobodan, I can only assume that you've been watching FoxNews too much:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTPsFIsxM3w
and a followup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpU0NxPhA78

And to get back on topic:
Hmm, I Wonder Why Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump Moved Their Personal Emails to the Trump Org
https://gizmodo.com/hmm-i-wonder-why-jared-kushner-and-ivanka-trump-moved-1819127734

QUOTE   "As criticism was mounting on President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner—as well as several other White House officials including his wife, Ivanka Trump—for using personal email addresses in the course of their official duties, the couple was busy moving the emails to a Trump Org. server.

According to USA Today, Kushner and Trump “re-routed their personal email accounts to computers run by the Trump Organization” sometime between September 26-27th. Mere days later on September 28th, the Senate Intelligence Committee delivered Kushner a letter demanding he fully disclose any emails in the account related to ongoing investigation of alleged links between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Per USA Today:
    The internet domain Kushner used for his personal emails was first registered in December. In March, mail exchange records for Kushner and Trump’s family email domain, ijkfamily.com, directed messages to an email system run by Microsoft. The registration was updated at the end of September. Now it points to two mail servers used by the Trump Organization.

According to Ars Technica, University of Pennsylvania computer science expert Matt Blaze confirmed there was no possibility the Trump Org. was simply providing a DNS server to ijkfamily.com to offset hackers"

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. And here's the ArsTechnica article referred to in the above article:
After Kushner’s private e-mail became known, it moved to Trump Org servers
In late September, it changed from outlook.com to mailhost01.trumporg.com.
QUOTE   "Days after recent revelations that Jared Kushner, a presidential advisor and the president's son-in-law, had set up a personal e-mail account to conduct White House business, someone with access to that domain (ijkamily.com) changed the domain’s mail exchange (MX) records so that they now point to a Trump Organization server.

The move, which was first reported by USA Today on Tuesday, provides clear evidence that there is not quite as much separation between the Trump Organization and the Trump White House as previously indicated.

The MX records show that they were changed from Microsoft to the Trump Organization shortly after public scrutiny of Kushner’s e-mail account intensified. A domain’s MX records specify which mail servers are allowed to send and receive email for that domain."

IMHO, it may turn out to be something relatively innocent, but it's not helping the situation. It also puts the (lack of) separation between personal business and Government back in the spotlights. It could also handle a crowbar to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation to delve deeper into the Trump organization.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:39:03 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6607 on: October 04, 2017, 08:45:00 am »

... come see our beaches in summer...

I've never seen bare breasts in any European downtown, however. I did see some nudity in public parks, sunbathing, in Stockholm and Munich, for instance.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6608 on: October 04, 2017, 08:49:06 am »

Nope, Bart, I do not watch TV, and that linked video is not what I was talking about. Pieter got it, I think.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6609 on: October 04, 2017, 10:47:45 am »

Did you ever see some of those women without their facial and body garb?  Be thankful they cover up.  :)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #6610 on: October 04, 2017, 11:06:26 am »

Did you ever see some of those women without their facial and body garb?  Be thankful they cover up.  :)

Just when I think we've reached bottom, the bar is lowered just a little more.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6611 on: October 04, 2017, 11:55:44 am »

Just when I think we've reached bottom, the bar is lowered just a little more.
Lighten up, Bob, don't take this all so serious.  :)

pegelli

« Reply #6612 on: October 04, 2017, 01:14:07 pm »

Pieter got it, I think.
Yup, I think Trump might have been there at that moment as well. I think he shares a hobby with the offenders you're talking about ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6613 on: October 04, 2017, 01:54:34 pm »

It's not always nice what is under the garb
Good one.  :)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6614 on: October 04, 2017, 03:40:09 pm »

Puerto Rico Issues Travel Ban on Malignant Narcissists

SAN JUAN (The Borowitz Report)—Calling the move an “urgent response to recent unfortunate events,” Puerto Rico has issued a sweeping travel ban on malignant narcissists, effective immediately.

Starting on Wednesday, Customs and Border Protection officials at Puerto Rico’s ports of entry will be equipped with the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–V) issued by the American Psychiatric Association, and will be instructed to look for symptoms of malignant narcissism in those attempting to enter.

“If port officials encounter a visitor who has a pompous and arrogant demeanor, needs the constant admiration of others, and is unwilling to empathize with others’ feelings, wishes, or needs, that visitor will be denied entry,” a Puerto Rican government statement read.

Puerto Rico took the forceful action after an incident on Tuesday, in which a man with narcissistic-personality disorder gained entry to the island and inexplicably hurled projectiles at unwitting Puerto Ricans.

“We had to do something,” one government official said. “Enough is enough.”

Puerto Rico’s ban on malignant narcissists drew widespread praise from people around the world, with many Americans calling for a similar ban in the mainland United States.

If only....if only!

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #6615 on: October 04, 2017, 04:01:50 pm »

Racism & misogyny suggest that the fun here is over.
Topic Locked

Readers may note that I have locked two topics here today.
Some may think that my fingers have become too itchy.
PM me with cogent observations & arguments should you feel the need.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:36:54 pm by Chris Sanderson »
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331]   Go Up