Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 918206 times)

texshooter

Re: Trump II
« Reply #6500 on: September 27, 2017, 02:09:45 pm »

Player stretching during the national anthem.  A model patriot by NFL standards.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/nfl-player-lesean-mccoy-stretches-field-national-anthem-video/

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:25:47 pm by texshooter »

James Clark

« Reply #6501 on: September 27, 2017, 04:03:38 pm »

Indeed.   What does that say, then, about all the "real Americans" for whom this act of protest - not those past crimes - is the breaking point? 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6502 on: September 27, 2017, 05:12:25 pm »

Indeed.   What does that say, then, about all the "real Americans" for whom this act of protest - not those past crimes - is the breaking point? 

Huh? Care to elaborate?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6503 on: September 27, 2017, 06:24:27 pm »

Welcome to the real world Donny...stuff doesn't just happen when you snap your fingers (like it did when you were the emperor of The Trump Organization). You gotta actually do some real work (the job isn't as easy as you thought huh?)

Donald Trump discovers he alone can’t ‘fix it’ after all

In his acceptance speech at the Republican National Committee last summer, Donald Trump raised a few eyebrows when he declared, “Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it.”

It’s become increasingly obvious that pretty much everyone knows the system better than Trump, and he alone can’t seem to fix much of anything. In fact, with the latest demise of the Republican health care campaign, the president is already making the case that that buck doesn’t stop anywhere near him. He declared via Twitter this morning:

“With one Yes vote in hospital & very positive signs from Alaska and two others (McCain is out), we have the HCare Vote, but not for Friday! We will have the votes for Healthcare but not for the reconciliation deadline of Friday, after which we need 60. Get rid of Filibuster Rule!”

As Simon Maloy joked this morning, we’ve “come a long way” since “I alone can fix it.”

Part of the problem with Trump’s pitch is that it’s factually wrong. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) had a medical issue this week, but he’s not in the hospital. What’s more, the “filibuster rule” – I’ll never know why the president likes to capitalize random words he finds interesting – isn’t the principal problem for Republicans, at least not on this issue.

According to the White House’s legislative affairs director, the party this week was four votes short on health care. If my arithmetic is correct, whether the threshold for success is 50 votes or 60 votes doesn’t much matter if there were 48 Senate Republicans ready to move forward on the Graham-Cassidy plan.

But the underlying problem is Trump’s refusal to accept responsibility for his own failures.

I guess Trump doesn't have the math to know that if you can't get 51 votes for a law, eliminating the super majority voting rule isn't really going to help. Ya see Donny, if you can't get 51, what makes you think getting rid of the 60 vote super majority rules will make any difference? The whole reason the Senate has the super majority voting rule is to try to help increase the nonpartisan creation of laws...something we haven't seen really since the GOP got control of congress. At some point the republicans and democrats are gonna HAVE to work together if they want ANYTHING good to happen for America...if the GOP is intent on trying to ram stuff down our collective throat, I'm pretty sure we're all gonna gap when the midterms come and the GOP may get their asses handed to them (like the democrats did under Obama).

“Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it.”
Trump alone prolly can't do much of anything–at least he hasn't yet...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:30:40 pm by Schewe »

Schewe

« Reply #6504 on: September 27, 2017, 06:43:13 pm »

The Distance Between Donald Trump and Puerto Rico

President Trump announced that he would visit Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands next Tuesday.

How far away is Puerto Rico, from President Donald Trump’s perspective? “This is an island sitting in the middle of an ocean. And it’s a big ocean, it’s a very big ocean,” he said, on Tuesday morning, before a meeting with House members. Puerto Rico is, indeed, an island, but it is also an American island, inhabited by three and a half million United States citizens who are in immediate danger, owing to the havoc wrought by Hurricane Maria. The storm made landfall on the commonwealth more than a week ago as a Category 4 hurricane and swept it from end to end, destroying fields of crops and ripping the façades off of apartment buildings. Relief workers have still not been able to reach some towns in the interior. Trump announced that he would visit Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, which were also hard hit, next Tuesday, which he said was the soonest practical date. Meanwhile, the majority of people in Puerto Rico remain without clean water, the electricity grid is inoperable, cell towers are down, roads are impassable, food is rotting, and many of the elderly and the sick have been left without care. All of this is happening in America, rather than some place distant from this country. But instead of emphasizing that closeness, or a sense of mutual obligation, Trump has, so far, focussed on how different Puerto Rico is, and what its people owe him, which is, above all, their gratitude.

“We have been really treated very, very nicely by the governor and by everybody else,” Trump said later, during a press conference on Tuesday afternoon with Mariano Rajoy, the Prime Minister of Spain. Trump was referring to the governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo Rosselló, and his colleagues. “They know how hard we’re working and what a good job we’re doing.” When a reporter nonetheless asked Trump whether he had perhaps spent a disproportionate amount of time tweeting complaints about N.F.L. players kneeling during the national anthem, when he should have been rallying support for Puerto Rico, Trump bristled, and insisted that his attacks on the players were important for America. Then he went back to talking about what he had done for Puerto Rico—“I have plenty of time on my hands”—adding that the governor “is so grateful for the job we are doing. In fact, he thanked me specifically for fema and all the first responders.” Trump described that praise as “incredible” and “amazing,” and said, “We have had tremendous reviews from government officials.”

Governor Rosselló, as it happened, had spent the previous day giving interviews during which he had called urgently for more help for the island. He has expressed appreciation for the hard work that fema has been doing, along with members of the military—on Tuesday morning, the Marines were clearing roads—but he made it very clear that it isn’t enough. The mayor of San Juan, Carmen Yulín Cruz, whom Trump also portrayed as an admirer, said that the island was in the grip of a “humanitarian crisis.” Congress has not acted; fema is still working with money appropriated for Hurricane Harvey. The Department of Homeland Security turned down a request from several members of Congress to waive the Jones Act, which places restrictions on shipping. And there is more that the government and military can do.

Trump thinks his administration is doing a great job because the people around him have said the governor of Puerto Rico and major of San Juan have said they appreciate the fact FEMA is on the ground...but stuff ain't getting done, planes are not arriving fast enough and only now are ships with supplies being being sent.

The problem is, even when generators and fuel get there, the roads are so screwed up that trucks can't get to the supplies let alone distribute it to the people...the sad thing is that it's likely Trump didn't even know that Puerto Ricans are US citizens...

Puerto Rico is limping along, with what are meant to be backup generators using dwindling supplies of fuel. A number of air-control towers and radar installations are also down, preventing sufficient supplies from coming in. CNN reported that a children’s hospital in San Juan was running out of power for the ventilators that were needed to keep a dozen boys and girls alive—and that is in the capital, the most well-equipped and accessible part of the island. Dozens of hospitals and clinics are simply closed. Various headlines said that Rosselló has “begged” for help, but the plea he made was not humbling for him but humiliating for the rest of us, who have not done enough for our compatriots in Puerto Rico or in the Virgin Islands. “We are proud U.S. citizens,” Rosselló, who had come to the aid of other U.S. citizens in time of need, said. It was a point he was forced to make; as the Times noted, in a recent poll of people on the mainland, half did not realize that Puerto Ricans were natural-born American citizens.

Trump, at various instances, failed to correct that misapprehension. Before the meeting with House members, he said, “I grew up in New York, so I know many people from Puerto Rico. I know many Puerto Ricans. And these are great people, and we have to help them.” Indeed, he said that they were “fantastic people,” but he did not note, either then or during the press conference, that they were American people. Even in a tweet on Tuesday night in which he said “America’s hearts & prayers” were with Puerto Rico and that we would get through this “together!,” he did not mention shared citizenship. He’ll likely get around to it—plenty of people in his party, including Marco Rubio, have made the point—but the delay has a cost. In a series of tweets on Monday night, which marked Trump’s first comments on Puerto Rico after a long interval, he stressed how different it was from Texas and Florida, because of logistics (it is an island) and also financial status. “Texas & Florida are doing great but Puerto Rico, which was already suffering from broken infrastructure & massive debt, is in deep trouble…” the tweets began. “It’s [sic] old electrical grid, which was in terrible shape, was devastated. Much of the Island was destroyed, with billions of dollars....”—he continued the thought in a third tweet—“owed to Wall Street and the banks which, sadly, must be dealt with. Food, water and medical are top priorities—and doing well. #FEMA.”

Puerto Rico is quickly becoming Trump's Katrina and sadly, people are going to die because Trump's administration did live up to the expectations of the results handling Harvey and Irma...

Schewe

« Reply #6505 on: September 27, 2017, 06:58:53 pm »

Trump, 'Not Happy,' Joins Critics Of His Own Highflying Cabinet Officials

Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price, joined by White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, speaks
to media aboard Air Force One. Price has reportedly spent more than $400,000 of public money on trips using private aircraft.

President Trump joined members of Congress on Wednesday in scrutinizing alleged government travel abuses by the secretary of health and human services and at least two other Cabinet officials.

"I was looking into it, and I will look into it, and I will tell you personally I'm not happy about it. I am not happy about it," Trump told White House reporters.

HHS Secretary Tom Price has reportedly spent more than $400,000 of public money on trips using private aircraft, including a charter flight to Nashville, Tenn., and back for a six-hour visit that included lunch with his son. The story was first reported by Politico.

Asked on Wednesday if he would fire Price, Trump said, "We'll see."

On Capitol Hill, House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and ranking Democrat Elijah Cummings, D-Md., sent letters instructing administration officials to supply details and documents from all trips on government-owned or chartered aircraft by nonelected political appointees.

Letters went to the heads of 24 executive departments and independent agencies and to White House chief of staff John Kelly.

So, how's that DRAIN THE SWAMP promise working out Donny?

Kinda ironic that Price has been the biggest abuser now since in 2009, Price slammed House Democrats for authorizing funding for private jets.

Draining the Swamps seems to be the height of hypocrisy...but that's Trump for ya...however, I suspect that with this scandal and the fact congress couldn't get rid of the ACA, I'm thinking the Price will become too costly to keep around :~)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6506 on: September 27, 2017, 10:07:03 pm »

The combined costs to repair the damage from the three hurricanes are currently (and conservatively) projected to top $150B.

So what does Trump recommend? Cutting taxes. Brilliant.

James Clark

« Reply #6507 on: September 27, 2017, 10:35:31 pm »

Sure.  People are fine with cheering for guys who attack their wives and abuse their kids, but when a bunch of players, the vast majority of whom actually aren't criminals, express discontent in a nonviolent manner, all of a sudden THAT'S a problem that will impact their fandom.  It doesn't speak well of those who were big fans UNTIL the protest became an issue.     

texshooter

« Reply #6508 on: September 28, 2017, 12:09:28 am »

The combined costs to repair the damage from the three hurricanes are currently (and conservatively) projected to top $150B.

So what does Trump recommend? Cutting taxes. Brilliant.

The combined costs to care for illegal immigrants each year is conservatively estimated to top $135 billion.

And the Left wants to raise taxes. Smart.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/record-135-billion-a-year-for-illegal-immigration-average-8075-each-25000-in-ny/article/2635757

Schewe

« Reply #6509 on: September 28, 2017, 01:28:35 am »

Well, not for nothing but I would take what the Washington Examiner has to say about many things since they are not an unbiased news organization...

According to MediaBias/FactCheck (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com) The Washington Examiner is:

RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: The Washington Examiner is an American political journalism website and weekly magazine based in Washington, D.C. that covers politics and policy in the United States and internationally.  The publication is influential with conservative circles in politics and government-related fields.

So...I followed the suggestion of requiring further investigation and found this:

The article references as it's main source this report: "The Fiscal Burden Of Illegal Immigration on U.S. Taxpayers" that claims the cost of illegal immigration is costing the US $115 billion (I actually read the report). See they claim the Fed and state cost of servicing the illegals is about $135 bil and only pay about $19 bil which is where they get the $115 bil...

Problem is the reports factual basis and how the organization FAIR (that generated the report) is questionable....

The Southern Poverty Law Center considers FAIR an extremist hate group with one mission: to severely limit immigration into the United States. Although FAIR maintains a veneer of legitimacy that has allowed its principals to testify in Congress and lobby the federal government, this veneer hides much ugliness. See: FEDERATION FOR AMERICAN IMMIGRATION REFORM

FAIR leaders have ties to white supremacist groups and eugenicists and have made many racist statements. Its advertisements have been rejected because of racist content. FAIR’s founder, John Tanton, has expressed his wish that America remain a majority-white population: a goal to be achieved, presumably, by limiting the number of nonwhites who enter the country. One of the group’s main goals is upending the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, which ended a decades-long, racist quota system that limited immigration mostly to northern Europeans. FAIR President Dan Stein has called the Act a "mistake."

If the SPLC is a bit too progressive for your tastes how about this article:

A radical anti-immigration group infiltrated the GOP. Now it's in the White House

Dan Stein was 27 years old when he came to work as the press secretary of the Federation for American Immigration Reform. It was 1982, and the group — better known by its acronym FAIR — was operating out of a run-down townhouse on P Street in Washington, D.C., a “cozy old joint” with rats in the ceiling, Stein once recalled. FAIR counted just 10 members and was essentially a fringe group; back then, its nativist, radically anti-immigration views didn’t align with positions held by mainstream politicians, Republican or Democrat.

FAIR President Dan Stein speaks on the group's plan for immigration reform in the Trump administration
during a November press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.

Not anymore. Today, FAIR enjoys broad support among Republican lawmakers and unprecedented influence in the Oval Office. A cadre of former staffers and allies fill the Trump administration’s highest ranks, and FAIR’s ideas are profoundly shaping national immigration policy. On Tuesday, Julie Kirchner, who served as FAIR’s executive director for 10 years until 2015, was named the new ombudsman of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. She will report directly to the deputy director of the Department of Homeland Security and will be in charge of helping immigrants navigate the green-card and citizenship-application process.

Besides Kirchner, at least five other key advisers to President Trump on immigration have ties to FAIR: Jeff Sessions, Kris Kobach, Kellyanne Conway, Stephen Miller, and Lou Barletta. Among them, they acted as legal counsel, board members, and longtime allies of the group. (Kirchner declined to comment, and none of the other five responded to multiple requests to be interviewed for this article.)

So pardon me if I discount your post...and the fact the FAIR seems to have influence worries me...

jeremyrh

« Reply #6510 on: September 28, 2017, 01:35:00 am »

The combined costs to care for illegal immigrants each year is conservatively estimated to top $135 billion.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/record-135-billion-a-year-for-illegal-immigration-average-8075-each-25000-in-ny/article/2635757

Source, these guys:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2007/federation-american-immigration-reform’s-hate-filled-track-record

A lovely bunch, founded by this pearl:

The papers in the Bentley Library also show that Tanton has for decades been at the heart of the white nationalist scene. He has corresponded with Holocaust deniers, former Klan lawyers and the leading white nationalist thinkers of the era. He introduced key FAIR leaders to the president of the Pioneer Fund, a white supremacist group set up to encourage "race betterment," at a 1997 meeting at a private club. He wrote a major funder to encourage her to read the work of a radical anti-Semitic professor — to "give you a new understanding of the Jewish outlook on life" — and suggested that the entire FAIR board discuss the professor's theories on the Jews. He practically worshipped a principal architect of the Immigration Act of 1924 (instituting a national origin quota system and barring Asian immigration), a rabid anti-Semite whose pro-Nazi American Coalition of Patriotic Societies was indicted for sedition in 1942.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:38:51 am by jeremyrh »

Schewe

« Reply #6511 on: September 28, 2017, 01:55:49 am »

Poll: Majority of voters say Trump isn't fit to be president

More Democrats than Republicans say President Donald Trump is not fit for the office.

A majority of American voters say Donald Trump is not "fit to serve as president," according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday, with 51 percent of respondents saying they are embarrassed to have Trump serve as president.

The poll reports that 59 percent say Trump is not honest, 60 percent say he does not have good leadership skills and 61 percent say he does not share their values.

Notably, voters say — 69 percent to 26 percent — that Trump should stop tweeting.

The survey highlighted deep divisions along racial lines. Fifty percent of white voters say Trump is fit to serve, while 94 percent of black voters say he is not fit for the role; Hispanic voters are split 60 percent to 40 percent. Overall, 62 percent of voters disapprove of the way the president has handled race relations. Sixty percent of voters say Trump is doing more to divide the country than unite it.

The poll also revealed divisions among men and women. Men are divided 49 percent to 49 percent, while 63 percent of women say Trump is not fit.

More Democrats than Republicans disapprove of Trump’s fitness for office. Ninety-four percent of Democrats say Trump is not fit to be president, while 84 percent of Republicans responded that he is fit for the job. Independent voters are split, with 57 saying he is fit and 40 percent saying he isn’t.

Forty-nine percent of voters in the poll are in favor of Democrats winning control of the Senate in 2018.

The poll was conducted Sept. 21-26 by phone, among 1,412 voters nationwide.

Yeah, well, Trump's numbers had started to go up but then he decided to call NFL players who kneel SOB's and well, it didn't go over real well...

DONALD TRUMP IS BACK TO BEING THE LEAST POPULAR PRESIDENT EVER AFTER NFL TWEETS

President Donald Trump's popularity among American voters is once again in decline, falling back to the historic lows that have marked the first eight months of his White House tenure.

The president’s approval rating hovers at 38.8 percent, according to a weighted average the polling site FiveThirtyEight released Wednesday morning. That total reflects a dip among several daily tracking polls, including from CBS News (35 percent), Gallup (39 percent), and Trump's favorite (and more favorable) right wing polling site, Rasmussen Reports (43 percent).

The decline appears to have started during the weekend, when Trump sparked controversy over his use of Twitter to condemn protests within the NFL against police brutality and racial inequality during televised national anthems at the beginnings of games.

I predict his ratings will fall even more because of the poor way the Trump admin's handling of Puerto Rico aid. Wait till we start hearing of people dying because of the lack of food, water and medicine. Yeah, I know, it's tough...Puerto Rico is an island in a really big ocean!

Otto Phocus

« Reply #6512 on: September 28, 2017, 05:41:42 am »

"we will always defend our borders."

Except when we dodge the draft, of course.

You do not become a rich entitled 1%er by defending your borders
You become a rich entitled 1%er by letting the other dumb poor bastages guard the boarders instead of you.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:11:50 pm by Otto Phocus »
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Otto Phocus

« Reply #6513 on: September 28, 2017, 05:45:24 am »

Kinda ironic that Price has been the biggest abuser now since in 2009, Price slammed House Democrats for authorizing funding for private jets.

Just because I am *that* type of guy, I need to point out that there is nothing ironic about this.  The word you should have used is hypocritical.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6514 on: September 28, 2017, 06:35:34 am »

[...]
Yeah, I know, it's tough...Puerto Rico is an island in a really big ocean!

And it was really hard to predict the hurricane's trajectory and force, not.

With Harvey and Irma The Dutch and French marines were already partly on the spot on the islands that are/were part of the nation's territory before the storms hit, and partly waiting a bit outside the trajectory on nearby islands and at sea with emergency aid to deploy as soon as the harbors and airfields were made accessible, and ready for airdrops of emergency supplies in case it would take too long to clear roads and restore electricity.

These activities need to be done, before the storm actually hits, or is likely to hit. Apparently little was done to protect the citizens of Puerto Rico against the aftermath of the devastation, making their situation even worse.

It's a bloody disgrace for such a powerful country doing so little for even its own citizens.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #6515 on: September 28, 2017, 08:30:28 am »

This is the best you can do?  This group is pretty much an extremist group:  https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/federation-american-immigration-reform

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6516 on: September 28, 2017, 09:29:47 am »

As is The Southern Poverty Law Center.

Schewe

« Reply #6517 on: September 28, 2017, 10:52:02 am »

As is The Southern Poverty Law Center.

Only according to white supremist groups and the far right...any group that Bannon hates is ok in my book!

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6518 on: September 28, 2017, 11:16:15 am »

Once again, the repeatedly-failed "trickle down" economics con job is foisted off on the Trump base.  Namely, under-educated middle aged white males. Will you guys ever learn?  You are being HAD.

WASHINGTON — The tax plan that the Trump administration outlined on Wednesday is a potentially huge windfall for the wealthiest Americans. It would not directly benefit the bottom third of the population. As for the middle class, the benefits appear to be modest.

The administration and its congressional allies are proposing to sharply reduce taxation of business income, primarily benefiting the small share of the population that owns the vast majority of corporate equity. President Trump said on Wednesday that the cuts would increase investment and spur growth, creating broader prosperity. But experts say the upside is limited, not least because the economy is already expanding.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/us/politics/trump-tax-plan-wealthy-middle-class-poor.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6519 on: September 28, 2017, 11:34:40 am »

It gets better.  The White House Economic Adviser "advises" Americans that "The wealthy are not getting a tax cut".

The advisor's name?  Cohn.  Gary Cohn.

Perfect.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/28/trump-tax-reform-tax-cuts-243246?lo=ap_c1

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 331   Go Up