Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 917485 times)

scyth

Re: Trump II
« Reply #5160 on: August 17, 2017, 10:32:58 am »

Australia doesn't block non-white immigrants
true... so why don't AU takes some illegal aliens from USA instead of sending us some of yours ? I bet Trump in a spirit of cooperation will gladly ship you a million or so latinos  ;D

scyth

« Reply #5161 on: August 17, 2017, 10:34:21 am »

your government blocking non-white immigrants
his gov't put illegal aliens (he will agrue that those are not immigrants) in pretty much concentration camps outsourced to other nations

scyth

« Reply #5162 on: August 17, 2017, 10:45:16 am »

I played your game and mentioned our 1st president and looked up his position regarding slaves and learned something. Go play in the street now...
you single out what is convenient for you... and you being a well known hypocrite continue to patronize racist & misogynist outlets like B&H  ;D

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5163 on: August 17, 2017, 10:46:08 am »

I've got a word for you, Alan.  Are you ready?

"telecommunications"

Look it up.

You're not serious, are you?  That's like saying you experienced India because you read a Travel magazine about it or that you have a lot of business experience because you took some business courses in college.  At least there probably is little prejudice in these things.  When you're watching and listening to biased media like the Washington Post, the NY Times, CNN, the truth is much more distorted.  So your viewpoints are prejudiced.  There's nothing like first-hand experience.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5164 on: August 17, 2017, 10:53:27 am »

To echo Jeff's claim "who cares about yesterday, only today matters":

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #5165 on: August 17, 2017, 10:59:33 am »

By the way, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
What an utter crap reply! Because one extremist pulls a stunt in parliament all her countryman (who probably don't even agree with her) should refrain from making comments about racism in another country. Reminds me of kindergarten politics: "na-na-na-na-poo-poo, you do it too".
pieter, aka pegelli

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #5166 on: August 17, 2017, 11:05:17 am »

Does anyone know where I can get a Trump-branded Nazi flag? Asking for a fiend.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5167 on: August 17, 2017, 11:06:39 am »

The article had nothing to do with wearing burqas in the Australian parliament or hiding identity.  The woman wearing is an Australian senator trying to get legislation passed to prevent them from being worn in public.

And what was the result? Was legislation changed? Or should they not be allowed to discuss things like that?

In America, Muslims can wear burqas in public.  I see it all the time and don't feel threatened.

So do they in Australia, in my Country, and in many other places in the world.

It's part of their faith, culture and is considered free speech as well.

That's up for debate. AFAIK, Islam as such does not prescribe the wearing of such clothing, or the vast majority of Muslims are not obeying the teachings on that aspect since most women do not wear a niqab and can still be considered faithful Muslims, and men also do not wear such clothing.

It is protected by our Constitution.

What is? Clothing rules? Is it allowed to walk around in the nude in public places?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

James Clark

« Reply #5168 on: August 17, 2017, 11:07:37 am »

Does anyone know where I can get a Trump-branded Nazi flag? Asking for a fiend.

;D

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5169 on: August 17, 2017, 11:09:07 am »

What an utter crap reply! Because one extremist pulls a stunt in parliament all her countryman (who probably don't even agree with her) should refrain from making comments about racism in another country. Reminds me of kindergarten politics: "na-na-na-na-poo-poo, you do it too".

Hmmm.   So because a few extremist white guys who carry Nazi signs and wear white KKK sheets start dancing around a statue of General Lee and say they support Trump, we should just believe that Trump supports Nazis and Clansmen and Trump should refrain from making statements in support of freedom of speech. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5170 on: August 17, 2017, 11:14:05 am »

And what was the result? Was legislation changed? Or should they not be allowed to discuss things like that?

So do they in Australia, in my Country, and in many other places in the world.

That's up for debate. AFAIK, Islam as such does not prescribe the wearing of such clothing, or the vast majority of Muslims are not obeying the teachings on that aspect since most women do not wear a niqab and can still be considered faithful Muslims, and men also do not wear such clothing.

What is? Clothing rules? Is it allowed to walk around in the nude in public places?

Cheers,
Bart

Well, from what I've seen some women look like, they'd be better off wearing burqas.  :)

pegelli

« Reply #5171 on: August 17, 2017, 11:19:53 am »

Hmmm.   So because a few extremist white guys who carry Nazi signs and wear white KKK sheets start dancing around a statue of General Lee and say they support Trump, we should just believe that Trump supports Nazis and Clansmen and Trump should refrain from making statements in support of freedom of speech.
Alan, can you point to where I said that? I bet you can't because I never did. You shouldn't continuously stereotype people based on your own ideas of "good" and "bad.
pieter, aka pegelli

pegelli

« Reply #5172 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:06 am »

Well, from what I've seen some women look like, they'd be better off wearing burqas.  :)
Are you sure you're talking about European women ;)
pieter, aka pegelli

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5173 on: August 17, 2017, 11:59:38 am »

That's like saying you experienced India because you read a Travel magazine about it or that you have a lot of business experience because you took some business courses in college.  At least there probably is little prejudice in these things.  When you're watching and listening to biased media like the Washington Post, the NY Times, CNN, the truth is much more distorted.  So your viewpoints are prejudiced.  There's nothing like first-hand experience.

You didn't look it up, did you Alan?

The media are not telecommunications. They are the media.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5174 on: August 17, 2017, 12:29:29 pm »

Are you sure you're talking about European women ;)

Good point.  That's why we approve of burqas in America. :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5175 on: August 17, 2017, 12:49:27 pm »

Alan, can you point to where I said that? I bet you can't because I never did. You shouldn't continuously stereotype people based on your own ideas of "good" and "bad.

I didn't say you said it.   I'm sorry if it seemed like that.  I was making a comparable statement to your example of one extremist in parliament.  I gave an example that you can't judge all people on the right because you assume some of them are Nazis.  Actually, people on the right don't want to have anything to do with Nazis or KKK.  They don't represent Republican, conservative or libertarian thinking which is not bigoted and let's people be who they are.   What the left is doing is their usual "shtick" of biasing news.  Associating Trump and his supporters with Nazis and KKK or racists, or uncaring, etc.  This is the game that's always been played by the left and liberals.  If you want to reduce welfare, well then you're a racist.  You must be against blacks.   If you support free speech of Nazis because you believe in the Constitution, well then you must be a Nazi too.   These attacks and innuendos have gone on for decades in America.  I've never seen the absolute dedication and level to these kind of racist charges and the kinds of ad hominin political attacks that have occurred since Trump's presidency. 

I'm afraid this is going to lead to pitched battles between different groups.  I don't think it's going to end well for the country. 

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #5176 on: August 17, 2017, 01:09:48 pm »

... What the left is doing is their usual "shtick" of biasing news ...

Oh, the irony of complaining about tarring those on the right with one brush, whilst at the same time engaging in just that sort of behaviour. Priceless.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5177 on: August 17, 2017, 01:11:12 pm »

...  Actually, people on the right don't want to have anything to do with Nazis or KKK.  They don't represent Republican, conservative or libertarian thinking which is not bigoted and let's people be who they are ...

Too bad Trump doesn't understand this and keeps fanning the flames: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/346929-trump-revives-defense-of-confederate-monuments.

Or does anyone actually believe that he has deep feelings for those statues? Everyone clan member knows EXACTLY what those words mean.

For some reason he is deliberately choosing to alienate everyone over and over again, including Republicans. The only people left who are listening to these nutty messages are the neo-Nazis and the KKK members. Is this good for the country?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5178 on: August 17, 2017, 01:13:51 pm »

Poll on whether to keep confederate statues.  I'm surprised that a majority of blacks say to keep them,  more than Democrats in general.  Of course Republicans overwhelmingly say to keep them.  But they're bigots anyway so of course they feel that way.    I'm curious when they do polls how many will agree to remove statues of Washington and Jefferson because they were slave owners.  Shucks.  I've never been to the Washington or Jefferson Monuments.  I better hurry up before they're gone.

"There is little polling of public opinion over what to do with Confederate monuments. An NPR/PBS survey conducted on Monday and Tuesday by Marist College found that 62 percent said statues honoring Confederate leaders should remain as a historical symbol; 27 percent said they should be removed because they are offensive to some people.

That poll found a large political divide: Republicans prefer to keep statues by 86 percent to 6 percent, while Democrats split 44 percent for keeping them and 47 percent for removing them. African Americans in the survey were roughly split on the question (44 percent keep, 40 percent remove)."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/08/17/trump-mourns-loss-of-beautiful-statues-and-monuments-in-wake-of-charlottesville-rally-over-robert-e-lee-statue/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5179 on: August 17, 2017, 01:25:28 pm »

Oh, the irony of complaining about tarring those on the right with one brush, whilst at the same time engaging in just that sort of behaviour. Priceless.

That's a fair charge, Bill.  I agree there's too much of both sides accusing the other of terrible deeds.  There's no reasonableness anymore.  No compromise.  Everyone is looking to get the goods on the other side to make them look the worse.  Everyone has to win 100%. 

I'm all for taking a step back.  Maybe we can get to the point where we actually listen to what the other side is saying.  What their needs are.  We're all very defensive and won't listen.  After 265 pages, has anyone changed their minds or at least gotten some understanding of where the other side is coming from?

I don't know.  Politics has been this way a lot if you look back at history. Are we worse or better for it?  Maybe it's just a form of entertainment. 

What do you suggest?
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 331   Go Up