Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 917552 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Trump II
« Reply #5080 on: August 16, 2017, 11:18:38 am »

Based on his increasing "disapproval" numbers in the public opinion polls, it appears the answer is yes.

Funny.
--
Robert

Otto Phocus

« Reply #5081 on: August 16, 2017, 11:53:11 am »

Is it not the President's primary job to unite the nation?

It is a pretty sad commentary on our culture and as a nation that we would need one person to unite us.

No it is not the primary job of the president to unite the nation.  The primary job of the president is to run the executive branch of the federal government.

We should be united independently of which political party is in office.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Rob C

« Reply #5082 on: August 16, 2017, 11:56:41 am »

The ambers (sic) of hatred are hardly the problem, but then we may be speaking traffic lights and I just took the wrong lane...

The American "problem" isn't really the American problem alone. Most of Europe shares it, and it exists as pay-back time for the sins of a few centuries ago.

We all have to accept that, not blame those stuck unwillingly (I think they guessed those chains were not to stop them falling overboard) into cheap tourist-class accommodation on primitive sailing ships; as far as my limited research goes, it was mainly a black-selling-black situation in Africa with plenty of European buyers lining up with transport. Seems like not a lot has changed today, other than instead of galleons we are using inflatable rafts supplied at high cost to the travellers themselves; ironic, no? Their final destination today is just as watery, or at best, will involve a life as grim. Maybe not on a cotton farm, but is the underbelly of a bridge more comfortable, less vulnerable to the elements and the people of the night than a farm shack? Even than one back in today's Africa?

Is there any thought within US black culture about those blacks back in Africa who rounded them up to sell? In the past as today? Do there exist revenge movements today towards those guys? Are there Pakistani groups on the Internet ready to jihad against the fellow mid-eastern countries who treat those travelling Pakistani citizens as slaves to build palaces to football or simply labour as maids-without-rights?

Race is one mother of a topic, and were we all able to hold our cool, it would be fascinating to understand how different colours really think and feel about their own situation and its relationship to that of others. I am certain it isn't as simple as black/white at all. From my mid-youth in India I do recall problems associated with the caste system there, and how it struck me that it was just accepted as the way things were and would remain. Seventy years after the Brits retired from that particular fray, I see on tv the Indian head honcho still claiming to be desirous of closing that caste situation down... really? How?

And colour is simply one manifestation of the problem, the divide and hatred. European whites can be just as detested by dumb Brits incapable of seeing the wood of their own making for the trees put out there by politicians. That some Brits prefer to live off 'benefits' than do low-paid labour opens the door to those Europeans willing to do that work. And that doesn't just mean white Brits: I've seen tv snippets of brown Asian Brits as well as black Brits chanting the chants; the irony appears totally lost to them too.

Rob

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5083 on: August 16, 2017, 12:00:16 pm »

... No it is not the primary job of the president to unite the nation.  The primary job of the president is to run the executive branch of the federal government...

Agreed. Than again, what does it even mean to "unite the nation"? So that we all think the same? Agree on everything?

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #5084 on: August 16, 2017, 12:06:35 pm »

Agreed. Than again, what does it even mean to "unite the nation"? So that we all think the same? Agree on everything?
A war with N-Korea could accomplish this... 
A effective well proven tool to unite, but not a very nice one.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Rob C

« Reply #5085 on: August 16, 2017, 12:37:09 pm »

A war with N-Korea could accomplish this... 
A effective well proven tool to unite, but not a very nice one.

Equally, if the response to that were to spread, it could just melt the nation rather than unite it. Now that would solve many things. For ever. For everyone.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5086 on: August 16, 2017, 12:53:37 pm »

Yah.  I agree.  Poorly worded question.  I stand corrected on his primary job, which is to be the chief executive according to the rules laid out in the constitution.

So, I'll rephrase my question.

Isn't it the President's job to lead the nation?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5087 on: August 16, 2017, 01:31:35 pm »

You can't even trust those loonie-left corporate leaders anymore: http://thehill.com/policy/finance/346821-trumps-business-advisory-council-disbands-report .
--
Robert

Otto Phocus

« Reply #5088 on: August 16, 2017, 01:33:30 pm »

So, I'll rephrase my question.

Isn't it the President's job to lead the nation?

Perhaps the question is still ill-formed?

No, the president's job is to lead the executive branch of the federal government.  There are also the judicial and legislative branches that need their own leadership as each has different missions and responsibilities separate from but equal to the executive branch.

Also there are 50 states, one district, and a few territories each with their own executive.  These executives provide the leadership for their respective state/district/territory.

So what are you really asking?

I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5089 on: August 16, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »

"Uniting" a nation is a difficult concept to define, no doubt. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't include condoning neo-Nazis and the clan.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5090 on: August 16, 2017, 02:28:22 pm »

He's got a speech problem.  It's discombobulated.  His brain works faster than his tongue.  He needs training on  to speak so he's clear.   

He'll say Nazis are bad.  Then think about the people who were there who are not Nazis but should be allowed free speech and then say.... and they are good people not meaning then Nazis.   Of course,  people will conflate that to sound like he really likes Nazis.   I've been looking at this from the beginning.   I notice he does this all the time. Of course people misinterpret what he really means.   He thinks people are reading his mind.   He needs to slow down.  He needs speaking lessons.

Rob C

« Reply #5091 on: August 16, 2017, 03:00:29 pm »

He's got a speech problem.  It's discombobulated.  His brain works faster than his tongue.  He needs training on  to speak so he's clear.   

He'll say Nazis are bad.  Then think about the people who were there who are not Nazis but should be allowed free speech and then say.... and they are good people not meaning then Nazis.   Of course,  people will conflate that to sound like he really likes Nazis.   I've been looking at this from the beginning.   I notice he does this all the time. Of course people misinterpret what he really means.   He thinks people are reading his mind.   He needs to slow down.  He needs speaking lessons.

Imagine writing that about the beloved leader in NK if you live in NK!

Funny old world...

Rob

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5092 on: August 16, 2017, 03:06:09 pm »

Trump disbands business councils after CEOs exit in protest
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKCN1AW0AN

QUOTE  August 16, 2017 / 7:20 AM   "WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump disbanded two high-profile business advisory councils on Wednesday after corporate CEOs quit in protest at his remarks blaming violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, not only on white nationalists but also on the protesters who opposed them.

A parade of prominent Republicans and U.S. ally Britain rebuked Trump after his Tuesday comments on Saturday's bloodshed further enveloped his seven-month-old presidency in controversy and paralyzed his policy aims.

Trump announced the break-up of the advisory councils after 3M Co's (MMM.N) Inge Thulin became the latest of several chief executives to leave Trump's American Manufacturing Council, and the president's Strategic and Policy Forum broke up of its own will. "

A bit of a contrast to Trump's earlier remarks that many leaders were lining up to replace the ones that had left.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5093 on: August 16, 2017, 03:23:40 pm »

Not agree on everything, but we're in trouble if we can't agree on anything.

Can we agree that white supremacists, antisemites, neo-nazis and the KKK are bad?

Can we get a president to say just that without ANY qualification?

If not, we need to get a different president...

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5094 on: August 16, 2017, 03:35:10 pm »

I get it that not everyone is quick on their feet speaking in public. I'm certain I would not be. But 2 days delay? From a guy who tweets daily on all manner of irrelevant nonsense. Sorry, those excuses don't cut it. First, the original delay in denouncing, then followed by the unhinged de facto condoning...

It's not even close to good enough.
--
Robert

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5095 on: August 16, 2017, 03:36:50 pm »

This should give everybody pause...(this is exactly what Putin wanted)

IS DONALD TRUMP LOSING CONTROL OF THE MILITARY?

Military leaders are distancing themselves from the commander in chief over his Charlottesville comments.

Perhaps no president in recent memory has so empowered the military—and disempowered himself—as Donald Trump. Whereas Barack Obama famously “signed off” on nearly every drone target, Trump has taken a deliberately hands-off approach. While he claimed on the campaign trail to “know more” than U.S. generals, since taking office the commander in chief has mostly relinquished responsibility for matters of war, preferring to shout suggestions from the sideline on Twitter. He has given the U.S. military the authority to set its own troop levels in Afghanistan and the Pentagon the flexibility to set troop levels in Iraq and Syria, although he has reportedly tired of this position of late, blaming his secretary of defense for “losing” in Afghanistan. The result has been a sometimes weaker-than-usual chain of command: when Trump announced on Twitter that transgender people would be barred from serving in “any capacity” in the United States military, with no clarification from the White House, the Defense Department effectively chose to ignore the order, pending more information.

This week saw the further breakdown of the traditional relationship between the commander in chief and the military when Trump insisted at a press conference on Tuesday that there were “very fine people” marching alongside the white supremacists and neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, where an apparent ISIS-style car attack by one right-wing extremist left an anti-racist protester dead and more than a dozen injured. Military leaders quickly rebuked both the attack and, implicitly, the president’s response, which was widely panned as a defense of the pro-Confederate rally.

Adm. John Richardson  ✔ @CNORichardson
Events in Charlottesville unacceptable & musnt be tolerated @USNavy forever stands against intolerance & hatred...http://ow.ly/o8NF30emLNA
7:31 PM - Aug 12, 2017
 403 403 Replies    4,735 4,735 Retweets    11,727 11,727 likes

Robert B. Neller  ✔ @GenRobertNeller
No place for racial hatred or extremism in @USMC. Our core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment frame the way Marines live and act.
5:51 PM - Aug 15, 2017
 2,469 2,469 Replies    22,152 22,152 Retweets    61,336 61,336 likes

GEN Mark A. Milley  ✔ @ArmyChiefStaff
The Army doesn't tolerate racism, extremism, or hatred in our ranks. It's against our Values and everything we've stood for since 1775.
3:50 AM - Aug 16, 2017
 1,869 1,869 Replies    18,308 18,308 Retweets    52,248 52,248 likes

--snip--

With his comments on Charlottesville, Trump has put military leaders in a bind. While they all ultimately report to the president, the Defense Department has also made commitments to diversity and civil-rights protections that are difficult to square with the rhetoric coming out of the White House.

I have no doubt that the US military stands ready to execute the orders given to it, but how can Trump be an effective commander in chief when what he says flies in the face of years of civil rights protections and advancement in the military?

Trump is weakening our country, day by day...the sooner Trump supporters realize that, the sooner that right minded people will regain control over the country. It's clear that Trump is endangering our country and is fast becoming a domestic enemy of the vast majority of the people.

When you have David Duke thanking you, you are helping the wrong people.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5096 on: August 16, 2017, 03:58:14 pm »

Not agree on everything, but we're in trouble if we can't agree on anything.

Can we agree that white supremacists, antisemites, neo-nazis and the KKK are bad?

Can we get a president to say just that without ANY qualification?

If not, we need to get a different president...
Trump said these people are bad.  Would you like him to shoot them?  I wonder, where were you when Obama invited Al Sharpton to the White House and made him his race relations "go to" contact?  Sharpton, mainly acknowledged by most people to be an anti-Semite, a black provocateur and racist who instigated a riot in Harlem that inflamed the situation and caused white people to get killed.  And Obama made him a key advisor.
See here for his full history of anti-white racist behavior. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton#Crown_Heights_riot

What did you have to say about Obama's minister, Jeremiah Wright, who's church Obama attended for twenty years and married him.  Wright, whose comments and preaching where often anti-white and anti-American.  Eventually, Obama had to disown the minister.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright_controversy

Rob C

« Reply #5097 on: August 16, 2017, 03:59:25 pm »

Why so much Donald when we could enjoy Melania a bit more?

But we better hurry: the domestic strain is showing badly now:

https://eldiariony.com/2017/08/15/la-postura-de-melania-trump-sobre-ataque-en-virginia/

Love to comfort her, but I'm so busy doing not much of anything...

;-)

Rob

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5098 on: August 16, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »

Trump said these people are bad.  Would you like him to shoot them?  I wonder, where were you when Obama invited Al Sharpton to the White House and made him his race relations "go to" contact?  Sharpton, mainly acknowledged by most people to be an anti-Semite, a black provocateur and racist who instigated a riot in Harlem that inflamed the situation and caused white people to get killed.  And Obama made him a key advisor.
See here for his full history of anti-white racist behavior. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton#Crown_Heights_riot

What did you have to say about Obama's minister, Jeremiah Wright, who's church Obama attended for twenty years and married him.  Wright, whose comments and preaching where often anti-white and anti-American.  Eventually, Obama had to disown the minister.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright_controversy

How much real power did those two individuals have? How was it exercised?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5099 on: August 16, 2017, 04:05:59 pm »

Why so much Donald when we could enjoy Melania a bit more?

But we better hurry: the domestic strain is showing badly now:

;-)

Rob
Still better than Hillary's fat thighs and big butt.   And her cackle gives you chills up and down your spine. :)
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 331   Go Up