Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 915361 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Trump II
« Reply #4260 on: July 17, 2017, 12:10:08 am »

...he's a smart guy and very well spoken...just like what you would expect Satan to sound like...

Who? Obama?

And to extend your metaphor, since, in your opinion, Trump is neither, does it make him sound like...God?

;)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4261 on: July 17, 2017, 12:49:03 am »

And to extend your metaphor, since, in your opinion, Trump is neither, does it make him sound like...God?

Naw, Satan's Tool/Fool

(you know полезные дураки or useful idiot)

Schewe

« Reply #4262 on: July 17, 2017, 01:04:23 am »

So, Trump and May might be breaking up...
(this is from the British press which can be vicious–does that make it #FAKENEWS?)

Donald Trump begs Theresa May to fix a ‘warm welcome’ for his state visit – and says he won’t set a date for it until he knows he’s going to get ‘a better reception’

The cover story image above is from May's visit to the White House, January, 2017...not related to the current story from The Sun below.

US President warns he will not visit until he can guarantee a good reception and pleas with Theresa May to help influence public

BRAZEN Donald Trump urged the PM to “fix it” for him to get a warm welcome in Britain. And he warned he won’t set foot here until the public start liking him. The US President made his shameless plea in a private conversation with Theresa May to plan his state visit — now postponed until next year.

Two million people signed a petition calling for Mr Trump’s proposed trip to be axed.

A transcript of the chat, seen by senior diplomats, reveals his touchiness. Mr Trump says: “I haven’t had great coverage out there lately, Theresa.”
She replies awkwardly: “Well, you know what the British press are like.”
He replies: “I still want to come, but I’m in no rush.
“So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier.
“When I know I’m going to get a better reception, I’ll come and not before.”

jeremyrh

« Reply #4263 on: July 17, 2017, 01:30:39 am »

“So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier.
“When I know I’m going to get a better reception, I’ll come and not before.”

Poor snowflake Donald.

jeremyrh

« Reply #4264 on: July 17, 2017, 01:34:15 am »

I find him creepy...

Is he still around? I thought he disappeared along with his Nazi medals?

Schewe

« Reply #4265 on: July 17, 2017, 01:37:14 am »

Is he still around? I thought he disappeared along with his Nazi medals?

Nope...they don't let Conway out too much except on Fox but Gorka was the recent Trump White House spokesman to be unleashed on the MSM.

Schewe

« Reply #4266 on: July 17, 2017, 02:38:37 am »

I'm sorry...I found this on my Facebook feed and couldn't pass it up.

Donald Trump’s Praying Hands White House Photo Backfires Beautifully

You can always count on the internet to deliver. A recent photo surfaced of alleged president Donald Trump being pawed at by a pastor and enthusiastic supplicants seeking to wipe some Jesus on his awkwardly fitting suit. Wasting absolutely no time, the Viral Plague staff got to work doctoring up some…alternative scenarios.

The original

They even have a blank template if you want to do your own...

Sorry...late at nite, it really struck me as funny!

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #4267 on: July 17, 2017, 06:52:23 am »

What? Trump is religious? Since when.
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #4268 on: July 17, 2017, 07:23:16 am »

What? Trump is religious? Since when.

Since he decided to become president. Just like Obama. At least he didn't have to convert first  ;)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #4269 on: July 17, 2017, 08:23:59 am »

Interesting sidebar about .
--
Robert

Peter McLennan

« Reply #4270 on: July 17, 2017, 10:03:19 am »

Interesting video.  It completely ignores those three little words that appear on nearly everything we buy these days.

Schewe

« Reply #4271 on: July 17, 2017, 04:50:13 pm »

Lyin' Donny Trump said:

Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
The ABC/Washington Post Poll, even though almost 40% is not bad at this time, was just about the most inaccurate poll around election time!
7:10 AM - 16 Jul 2017

And from Politifact.com:

Our ruling
Trump said his six-month approval poll numbers are "not bad" relative to other presidents at this point in his presidency.

Not bad isn’t a scientific term, but by any sober measure Trump is performing relatively worse compared to his contemporaries, as well as any president since World War II.

We rate his claim False.

-------
Share The Facts
Donald Trump
President

Says his job approval poll numbers are "not bad" relative to other presidents at this point in his presidency.
Twitter – Sunday, July 16, 2017

Schewe

« Reply #4272 on: July 18, 2017, 01:20:59 pm »

So, what else is new? Trump lies again...

Trump Says He Has Signed More Bills Than Any President, Ever. He Hasn’t.

President Trump signed two bills into law during a ceremony in the Diplomatic Reception Room
last month.CreditAl Drago/The New York Times

WASHINGTON — To hear President Trump tell it, his first six months in the White House should be judged in part by the legislation he has signed into law.

At rallies, in speeches and on Twitter, Mr. Trump repeatedly boasts of the bills he has signed — 42 as of this week. He has said no president has “passed more legislation,” conceding once earlier this year that he trails Franklin D. Roosevelt, who he notes “had a major Depression to handle.”

On Monday, he went even further, claiming to have bested all of his predecessors in turning bills into law.

“We’ve signed more bills — and I’m talking about through the legislature — than any president, ever,” Mr. Trump said at a “Made in America” event at the White House. “For a while, Harry Truman had us. And now, I think, we have everybody.”

Turning to Vice President Mike Pence, he added an aside about news media fact-checkers: “I better say ‘think’; otherwise they will give you a Pinocchio. And I don’t like Pinocchios.”

In fact, as he approaches six months in office on Thursday, Mr. Trump is slightly behind the lawmaking pace for the past six presidents, who as a group signed an average of 43 bills during the same period. And an analysis of the bills Mr. Trump signed shows that about half were minor and inconsequential, passed by Congress with little debate. Among recent presidents, both the total number of bills he signed and the legislation’s substance make Mr. Trump about average.

--snip--

A Breakdown of Trump’s Bills
President Trump has signed 42 bills since taking office.
15 reversing Obama regulations
14 ceremonial and routine lawmaking
5 bureaucratic tweaks
4 space and science bills
4 veterans bills

--snip--

But almost half the other bills Mr. Trump has signed into law are ceremonial or routine. The president includes in his count laws like the one to rename the federal courthouse in Nashville after Fred Thompson, the actor and former senator who died in 2015. Even the Republican leadership in the Senate does not count those kinds of bills when they tally their legislative achievements.

By contrast, Mr. Trump’s tally includes three laws to appoint members to the Smithsonian Board of Regents, another to seek research into better weather reports, and one to require the Department of Homeland Security to manage its fleet of vehicles more efficiently.

Marc Short, the president’s top legislative adviser, acknowledged that no one would try to claim that renaming a building should be considered “landmark legislation.” But he defended the president’s repeated promotion of the bills he has signed into law.

“It’s a response to a lot of media coverage that has tried to downplay what he’s accomplished,” Mr. Short said. “There’s an overarching coverage about what’s not been accomplished. The president is trying to point out what we actually have done.”

So, how's that TrumpCare legislation going Donny?

Schewe

« Reply #4273 on: July 18, 2017, 01:33:59 pm »

Such a busy, busy boy!

Trump’s ‘Made In America’ Week Is Already Backfiring Spectacularly

Donald Trump enjoyed playing in a fire truck outside the White House on Monday as he kicked off a week showcasing products that were made in America.
"Where's the fire? Where's the fire? Put it out fast!" the president said as he climbed into the cab of a Wisconsin-built fire truck and pretended to be a firefighter. 

The president and his family have relied heavily on foreign manufacturing.

President Donald Trump is set to declare this week “Made In America” week to help promote products manufactured in the United States, according to The Hill.

But he’s already coming under fire for the move, given that Trump-branded products are often manufactured overseas.

Many of Trump’s clothing items have been made in Mexico and China. During the campaign last year, his use of steel and aluminum from China became a campaign issue.

And just last week, The Washington Post reported on the fashion line of first daughter and White House aide Ivanka Trump, finding that much of it is made by low-wage workers in countries such as Bangladesh, Indonesia and China.

White House spokeswoman Helen Aguirre Ferre was asked on Sunday if the president would use “Made in America” week to push his daughter to make those products in the United States.

"We’ll get back to you on that" she said, according to Politico.

Critics on social media aren’t waiting for the response. They blasted Trump and his family for not practicing what they preach.

Hey Donny, here's where the fire is...
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20500
Some guy caught his pants on fire and his aids can't seem to put the fire out...

Petrus

« Reply #4274 on: July 18, 2017, 02:19:34 pm »

So here is my contribution to this subject:

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #4275 on: July 18, 2017, 04:19:12 pm »

As hopeless & unpleasant as Trump is, if he's impeached or in some other way relinquishes the presidency, then the next in line is going to be worse. Pence is a scary-as-**** Dominionist a***hole, and equally as fascistic in outlook as Trump. If you get shot of him you get the inanely grinning Ryan, who's also an unpleasant right-wing a***hole. And frankly, thereafter it's a***holes all the way down. I'd stick with Trump.

Petrus

« Reply #4276 on: July 18, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »

I'd stick with Trump.

At least he is entertaining. I even subscribed to the Washington Post just to see what is happening over the pond. Trump, opioid epidemic, goodbye america.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:22:30 am by Petrus »

Schewe

« Reply #4277 on: July 18, 2017, 06:02:56 pm »

So here is my contribution to this subject:

Fun...course now the Secret Service will come a knocking...

Schewe

« Reply #4278 on: July 18, 2017, 06:12:38 pm »

I'd stick with Trump.

Well, here's the problem with that...

Trump: ‘Let Obamacare Fail…I’m Not Going to Own It’

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Tuesday he would let Obamacare "fail" in the aftermath of his party's botched efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

"I think we're probably in that position where we'll let Obamacare fail," Trump said at the White House. "We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you, the Republicans are not going to own it."

Once Obamacare collapses, Trump said Democrats would join Republicans so Congress would be able to “come up with new plan, really good for people.”

He thinks people will blame ObamaCare on the Democrats instead of the GOP and himself? The GOP had 7+ years of planning and Trump promised repeal and replace "on day 1" and of course couldn't do it...who knew healthcare was so difficult? Well, the Democrats did if anybody had bothered to ask them. The GOP Senate let 13 old white guys come up with a "plan" without even asking the rest of the GOP Senators (let alone any women). Plan B got killed when McCain went into the hospital, plan b got killed and even a straight clean repeal of ObamaCare dies today...

And Trump thinks it's a good idea to just let millions of Americans swing in the wind while ObamaCare dies?

#MAGA–WhoDidYouVoteFor?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #4279 on: July 18, 2017, 06:16:11 pm »

Fun...course now the Secret Service will come a knocking...

Fun. Hmmm.

As much as I support free speech, it is saddening to see such a level of vulgar disrespect for the President of the United States. I know, I know, they were doing it to Obama as well, monkey references, noose, burned or hung effigies, etc. But those were done by mostly anonymous rednecks, and often secretly. Never have I seen such level of violent and public disrespect by Hollywood celebrities and, much more importantly, on this forum, frequented by highly educated, otherwise civilized, intellectuals and artists. Sad.

As for the argument that Trump deserves it, such an argument works in all other scenarios. There will always be some who would argue that Obama (or anyone else we disagree with) deserved it too. Just a matter of perspective and yardstick.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 331   Go Up