Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 915280 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Trump II
« Reply #3700 on: June 21, 2017, 03:53:30 am »

Interesting CBC documentary about Steve Bannon and Breitbart:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/969920067643/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3701 on: June 21, 2017, 06:38:12 am »

Jeff,  you now quote above  and blame low black voter turnout for Hillary's loss.  Before you blamed the Russians?  Well,  you're evolving.   That's a good sign you're getting past the anger.   

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3702 on: June 21, 2017, 07:14:46 am »

"With losses in Kansas, Montana, South Carolina, and now Georgia, the score for Democrats seeking a win against Donald J. Trump is now 0-4."

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3703 on: June 21, 2017, 07:17:56 am »

Jeff,  you now quote above  and blame low black voter turnout for Hillary's loss.  Before you blamed the Russians?  Well,  you're evolving.   That's a good sign you're getting past the anger.

And you still think Trump won due to a loyal voter base without some external help ... ?
You've been led by the nose.

A Republican contractor’s database of nearly every voter was left exposed on the Internet for 12 days, researcher says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/06/19/republican-contractor-database-every-voter-exposed-internet-12-days-researcher-says/?utm_term=.fac5f0eabf62

QUOTE "Detailed information on nearly every U.S. voter — including in some cases their ethnicity, religion and views on political issues — was left exposed online for two weeks by a political consultancy that works for the Republican National Committee and other GOP clients.

The data offered a strikingly complete picture of the voting histories and political leanings of the American electorate laid out in an easily downloadable format, said cybersecurity researcher Chris Vickery. He discovered the unprotected files of 198 million voters in a routine scan of the Internet last week and alerted law enforcement officials.

The precision and volume of the information, including dozens of data points on individual Republicans, Democrats and independent voters, highlights the rising sophistication of the data-mining efforts that have become central to modern political campaigns."

----------------

And some more on the leak: The RNC Files: Inside the Largest US Voter Data Leak
https://www.upguard.com/breaches/the-rnc-files

QUOTE "In what is the largest known data exposure of its kind, UpGuard’s Cyber Risk Team can now confirm that a misconfigured database containing the sensitive personal details of over 198 million American voters was left exposed to the internet by a firm working on behalf of the Republican National Committee (RNC) in their efforts to elect Donald Trump. The data, which was stored in a publicly accessible cloud server owned by Republican data firm Deep Root Analytics, included 1.1 terabytes of entirely unsecured personal information compiled by DRA and at least two other Republican contractors, TargetPoint Consulting, Inc. and Data Trust. In total, the personal information of potentially near all of America’s 200 million registered voters was exposed, including names, dates of birth, home addresses, phone numbers, and voter registration details, as well as data described as “modeled” voter ethnicities and religions."

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3704 on: June 21, 2017, 07:23:44 am »

...(just so you know, I gave Siri a male voice, there's no way I'll take driving directions from a woman)...

Ah, you, the misogynist you!  ;D

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3705 on: June 21, 2017, 07:59:35 am »

Ah, you, the misogynist you!  ;D

And maybe a mistake. Male persons seem to pay more attention to female voices, which is why Airforce Fighter pilots call the female voice warnings "Bitching Betty". Don't know if female pilots can switch to male voices instead, or whether females get annoyed by female voices as well? ;)

A bit of annoyance can apparently be functional ...

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:35:49 am by BartvanderWolf »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3706 on: June 21, 2017, 08:25:36 am »

Don't know if female pilots can switch to male voices instead, or whether females get annoyed by female voices as well? ;)

Don't know...my wife hates to use the maps in her phone let alone Siri. Actually my wife hates to use her phone period. She likes to leave it at home...but she won't hesitate to stop and ask directions. BTW she likes my male Siri voice too.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3707 on: June 21, 2017, 08:39:19 am »

Seriously, people!? The "the"!? What the what!? That is what are you going to latch onto now? Nothing better? Bigger, more serious?! "The"!?

It annoys the Ukrainians!?

I agree, just like inhabitants of Former Czechoslovakia should stop bitching by being called that when referring to the period before 1993? Or is that different somehow?

Of course, a head of state should at least show the courtesy to remember the name of the person he/she is meeting, and how their home country they represent is called today, even if he/she could care less personally.

Cheers,
Bart

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3708 on: June 21, 2017, 10:30:41 am »

Siri, Cortana, Alexa how do we get rid of Donal Trump?

Since I don't have Cortana or Alexa I asked Siri, here's what he said:
(just so you know, I gave Siri a male voice, there's no way I'll take driving directions from a woman)

This is what Siri suggested:

My wife always gives me driving directions in a female voice.  I'm no misogynist. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3709 on: June 21, 2017, 10:55:46 am »

Russian hackers targeted 21 U.S. states during election: U.S. official
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-congress-idUSKBN19C1Y3

QUOTE "Russian hackers targeted election systems belonging to 21 U.S. states in last year's presidential election, a U.S. official told Congress on Wednesday.

Jeanatte Manfra, the acting deputy undersecretary of cyber security at the Department of Homeland Security, declined to identify which states had been targeted, citing confidentiality agreements."

Cheers,
Bart

Otto Phocus

« Reply #3710 on: June 21, 2017, 11:09:21 am »

Russian hackers targeted 21 U.S. states' election systems...

Well, that's pretty vague.

Jeanette Manfra, the department's acting deputy undersecretary of cyber security, would not identify which states had been targeted, citing confidentiality agreements.

If you are not supposed to be talking about it, why are you talking about it?

I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3711 on: June 21, 2017, 11:21:28 am »

Well, that's pretty vague.

If you are not supposed to be talking about it, why are you talking about it?

Reuters news reports get updated as more details become available (I quoted the full article when I read it first, it has already been added to), so check the article again in a while. Reporters are at work as we speak.

It's not a surprise that she can talk about it, but not in detail (details can be labeled 'Classified').

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:25:02 am by BartvanderWolf »

Otto Phocus

« Reply #3712 on: June 21, 2017, 11:29:02 am »

Perhaps she could keep her mouth shut until she has all the information and authorization to release it to the public.

What she is doing now is what is called innuendo -- making comments with the intention of leading the audience to make their own, biased, interpretations.   We have too much of that going on these days.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3713 on: June 21, 2017, 11:38:38 am »

Trump's son-in-law launches Middle East peace effort
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-usa-talks-idUSKBN19C162

QUOTE "President Donald Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, held talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on Wednesday, beginning a new U.S. effort to revive long-fractured Middle East peace efforts.

Kushner, a 36-year-old real estate developer with little experience of international diplomacy or political negotiation, arrived in Israel on Wednesday morning and will spend barely 20 hours on the ground -- he leaves shortly after midnight."

I wish him lots of luck, but cannot stop wondering; Where's the United States Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson? Isn't it his (department's) job? Why does a personal advisor to the president have to fly over and have a private meeting with the president of Israel, in "an effort to keep the conversation going"?

Airmiles (since Trump visited Camp David instead of Mar a Lago, and left the Kushners home)?

Cheers,
Bart

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3714 on: June 21, 2017, 11:42:39 am »

Russian hackers targeted 21 U.S. states during election: U.S. official
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-congress-idUSKBN19C1Y3

QUOTE "Russian hackers targeted election systems belonging to 21 U.S. states in last year's presidential election, a U.S. official told Congress on Wednesday.

Jeanatte Manfra, the acting deputy undersecretary of cyber security at the Department of Homeland Security, declined to identify which states had been targeted, citing confidentiality agreements."

Cheers,
Bart
You conveniently didn't mention that she also acknowledged that there were no changes in any of the vote tallies in any of those states.   You're a foreigner spreading fake news to cause issues in my country.  You're just like the Russians.  You really should stop it. 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dhs-official-jeanette-manfra-russian-hackers-targeted-election-systems-in-21-states/vp-BBCZK53

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3715 on: June 21, 2017, 11:48:35 am »

You conveniently didn't mention that she also acknowledged that there were no changes in any of the vote tallies in any of those states.

You're wrong, I quoted the full article as it was when I first read it.

The innuendo that I 'conveniently' left things out is not appreciated. Apparently you do not understand how press agencies work. They publish as soon as their reporters get hold of information, and they add or correct the report as new information becomes available.

Cheers,
Bart

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3716 on: June 21, 2017, 11:49:28 am »

Perhaps she could keep her mouth shut until she has all the information and authorization to release it to the public.

What she is doing now is what is called innuendo -- making comments with the intention of leading the audience to make their own, biased, interpretations.   We have too much of that going on these days.
Otto: It was Bart creating the innuendo and fake news, not the official.   She was answering direct questions at an open Senate hearing.  See my last post.  Watch the video link.  It's only about 20 seconds.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3717 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:06 am »

You're wrong, I quoted the full article as it was when I first read it.

The innuendo that I 'conveniently' left things out is not appreciated. Apparently you do not understand how press agencies work. They publish as soon as their reporters get hold of information, and they add or correct the report as new information becomes available.

Cheers,
Bart
That's an excuse; not an apology.  Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to criticize my country.  You obviously have an axe to grind.

Raul_82

« Reply #3718 on: June 21, 2017, 01:34:57 pm »

Like I said,  it's like North Korea but warmer.

Well this is a bit of an exaggeration. 

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3719 on: June 21, 2017, 02:37:16 pm »

That's an excuse; not an apology.  Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to criticize my country.  You obviously have an axe to grind.

Bart doesn't owe you an apology...you actually owe him one for accusing him of doing something that he didn't do. He linked to a Reuters report. It was, what it was. He didn't make anything up and he didn't, as far as I can see, engage in "creating the innuendo and fake news". Wow, you sure seem on edge...what, don't you like finding out that Russia actually WAS actively trying to hack into the state elections?

Here, I'll copy the entire Reuters report including the Democratic Senator's complaints about not naming the states affected...

Russian hackers targeted 21 U.S. states' election systems in last year's presidential race, a Department of Homeland Security official told Congress on Wednesday.

Jeanette Manfra, the department's acting deputy undersecretary of cyber security, would not identify which states had been targeted, citing confidentiality agreements. She reiterated that there was no evidence that any actual votes were manipulated.

"As of right now, we have evidence that election-related systems in 21 states were targeted," Manfra told the Senate Intelligence Committee, which investigating Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election. Systems were breached in a smaller number of states, she said, but did not give a specific figure.

Department officials had said about 20 states had been probed by hackers working on behalf of the Russian government, but recent news media reports had suggested the number could have been far higher.

Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate panel, expressed frustration at Manfra's refusal to identify which states had been targeted.

"I just fundamentally disagree," he said.

Warner on Tuesday sent a letter to Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly asking the agency to disclose more information about hacking attempts on state and local election systems.

Arizona and Illinois last year confirmed that hackers had targeted their voter registration systems.

U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that the Kremlin orchestrated a wide-ranging influence operation that included email hacking and online propaganda in order to discredit Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and help Donald Trump, a Republican, win the White House.

Manfra and other officials testifying on Wednesday reiterated that U.S. elections are resilient to hacking in part because they are decentralized and largely operated on the state and local level.

Senator Angus King, an independent from Maine who caucuses with the Democrats, expressed skepticism at that assertion, saying only a small amount of votes in key battleground states would need to be altered to tip the scales of an election.

"A sophisticated actor could hack an election simply by focusing on certain counties," King said. "I don't think it works just to say it’s a big system and diversity will protect us."

Russia has repeatedly denied responsibility for any cyber attacks during the U.S. presidential election. Trump has inconsistently said Russia may or may not have been responsible for the hacking but has dismissed allegations that his associates colluded with Moscow as "fake news."

And, since this issue seems so important to you, here's another view from across the pond:

Sinister portrait of Russia cyberattacks emerges at U.S. Congress hearing

A sinister portrait of Russia’s cyberattacks on the U.S. emerged Wednesday as current and former U.S. officials told Congress Moscow stockpiled stolen information and selectively disseminated it during the 2016 presidential campaign to undermine the American political process.

The Russians “used fake news and propaganda and they also used online amplifiers to spread the information to as many people as possible,” Bill Priestap, the FBI’s top counterintelligence official, told the Senate Intelligence committee.

While he said the Russians had conducted covert operations targeting past American elections, the internet “has allowed Russia to do so much more” than before. But, he added, the “scale and aggressiveness” was different this time, with the primary goal being to sow discord and aid the candidacy of Republican Donald Trump, the eventual winner.

Russia’s actions did not change the final election count, they said, but warned that Moscow’s efforts will likely continue.

“I believe the Russians will absolutely try to continue to conduct influence operations in the U.S.,” which will include cyberattacks, Priestap said.

Jeanette Manfra, Homeland Security undersecretary for cybersecurity, said there is evidence that 21 state election systems were targeted, but she told the Senate intelligence committee she couldn’t disclose the identities of the states because that was up to the states. Last September, DHS told The Associated Press that hackers believed to be Russian agents had targeted voter registration systems in more than 20 states.

There, have we aired this issue out enough yet?

And speaking about the importance of this issue, does it strike anybody else that it would be useful to actually have a permanent vs acting deputy under secretary for cybersecurity at DHS’ National Protection & Programs Directorate (NPPD)? Seems the Trumpster is having issues with that:

Trump’s empty administration: What’s behind the high number of vacant government jobs

But hey, there's a bright spot!

Trump hires the wedding planner -- to oversee NY federal housing program?

(CNN)According to a report in the New York Daily News, Donald Trump has appointed the spectacularly unqualified Lynne Patton to run the Region II office of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which covers New York and New Jersey -- thus confirming the Trump administration's haphazard treatment of the problems facing American cities.

Patton, who has been an event planner and personal aide to members of the Trump family (she planned Eric Trump's wedding), has no experience in housing or urban development. She will now be tasked with coordinating the flow of billions of federal dollars into New York City, Newark, Trenton and other troubled urban centers.

#MAGA HIRE YOUR FRIENDS FOR JOBS THEY CAN'T DO!!!

#GOTCHATRUMP
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 331   Go Up